test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestions on good places to farm feeder artifacts? Or should I just buy with AD?

Based on reading up on the forums a bit I think I have an idea of how some folks get their artifacts leveled reasonably efficiently.

I'd be grateful for suggestions on best places to get some cheap artifacts for upgrade (either thru drops from specific dungeons / campaign re-runs, or just by typical AH price if it's faster to go build up the AD to buy them outright).

Comments

• Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Farming artifacts is all luck so if you don't want to deal with the grind you should just track AH prices and buy them.

You can farm eLol for the lostmauth horn which is a power artifact but i've been playing a year and havent gotten one to drop. You can get a shard from castle never but thats rare. You can grab a union artifact from a vendor in protectors enclave (i'm not sure if it can be fed into another artifact. You can open lockboxes and hope for an artifact to drop. I've never gotten one out of a lockbox.

I think by now you're starting to see where this is heading. Buying is the fastest way to get them and the only reliable way to get them.
  • Options
    worldoffred#4084 worldoffred Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    The free feeders are the Bruenor's Helmet stability arti from the Underdark campaign and the union globe from the seer in the vault. The union globe only goes up to level 60 but I used it to get another union arti up to mythic. You are better off buying the feeder artis with ad since it's a matter of luck getting the artifacts to appear in chests. I've gotten artifacts from 2nd boss at normal temple of spider, 2nd chest in shores, 1st chest in kessels and from lostmauth dragon. I've had zero luck getting artifacts out of lockboxes.
  • Options
    spoomeister#9137 spoomeister Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Thanks ecrana and fredkols. I think I'm starting to see what some of the seasoned players are complaining about, when just grinding for whatever makes AD fastest is much more reliable by far than actually doing a specific game thing to get a specific item.

• Options
    darthjafodarthjafo Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I'm using the globe from the seer since it has critical and won't be able to afford Thayan for a good long while.

Does Thayan drop from any particular spot?
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Lostmauths horn is union I think. The three basic starter artifacts, lantern, waters and shop keeper one, are rare drops in the leveling dungeons. I have seen the lantern drop in Caverns of Karrundax, others have reported drops in Cragmire Crypts.

The wiki list shows the locations for the various artifacts: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact

There is plenty of documentation on how to level artifacts for the least cost and speed, I am pretty sure there are a couple forum posts about it and I have seen the information documented on other sites as well. And you can do the math yourself off the wiki from that same page. You need just over ten million RP to get max level, feeding the same type, power or union etc during double RP yields 10X of the values listed on the wiki.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies