test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[OPINION] Guilds Charging To Join Should Be Against The Game TOS.

ace#9545 ace Member Posts: 39 Arc User
My Opinion:

I feel that Arc/Cryptic/God should make it against the Game's Terms Of Service Agreement for guilds to charge players ANYTHING to join.

Reason:

There is a certain guild that has been charging a $35(US) Stronghold Starter Pack to join thier guild for quite a while now.
There are more than one guild doing this!
And, the "fee" is different for all of them.
I only listed the worst one!
Well, with it being only one guild, at a time, doing it, the claims of "They are scammers! They let me in. Got my pack, and kicked me out! I contacted support and they said they couldn't do anything." weren't so common.
However, now that guilds can join an Alliance of Thirteen guilds, and we are seeing EACH ONE in each alliance charging that "fee", the claims of "scamming" are much more frequent.
I can almost gaurentee that many of those "victims" quit the game after such "nice" treatment of Customer Support.

Conclusion:

Arc/Cryptic/God didn't seem to mind players buying those packs (Money in the Pocket!) and getting "scammed" when it was only losing a few players due to only one main guild doing this.
However, now that a total of Thirteen guilds (Per Alliance) will be doing this, and driving away many more customers because they DO NOT punish these guilds for this type of "scam", they should change the TOS to include "charging to join" as being against the rules.
Otherwise, what will happen for Arc/Cryptic/God when only one alliance remains, and they have nobody left to "charge" anymore because everybody else has quit due to so much bad "word-of-mouth advertising" ?

----------------------------------------------------
Again, this is only my, personal, opinion.
----------------------------------------------------

Please, if you reply to this DO NOT name any Player, Nor Guild, by name.
That is against Forum Rules!

Have A Nice Day! :smiley:

EDIT:
I DO NOT include "guild raffles" in this. As those are voluntary, and a good way for guilds to grow.

¤¤¤ Wyld Pyrates ¤¤¤

Mature, Respectful, Committed, and SOCIAL Players...
...who have a major ARRRRRRsenal!

Check Us Out At: www.Pyrates.Boards.Net

PSN : Ace-Wyld ¤¤¤ FaceBook : Ace Wyld
YouTube : Ace Wyld (NWO Guild Feature Videos Coming Soon)

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    They have already ruled on this. They briefly made the practice a violation before Neverwinter ever came to PS4 and then recanted rather quickly and said it was ok to do. They are not likely to reverse themselves again.

You are focused on one alliance. There are more than those 13 guilds that charge some sort of join fee. I'm not sure where you are seeing these unsupported claims you made of the increase in "They're Scammers" complaints. If customer service does, they will or will not deal with it as they see fit.
  • Options
    ace#9545 ace Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    zephyriah said:

They have already ruled on this. They briefly made the practice a violation before Neverwinter ever came to PS4 and then recanted rather quickly and said it was ok to do. They are not likely to reverse themselves again.

You are focused on one alliance. There are more than those 13 guilds that charge some sort of join fee. I'm not sure where you are seeing these unsupported claims you made of the increase in "They're Scammers" complaints. If customer service does, they will or will not deal with it as they see fit.

The only thing I could do to back up my claim that there are now more comments about being" invited, they give the fee, then booted" would be to screenshot my chatbox, and post it here...which...is against Forums Rules.

Them saying it is against the rules once proves that somewhere in their hearts they know it is a bad practice.
    But, you are correct.
    The only way we will see a change at this point is if they get enough reports, get tired of giving the same "sorry, we can't do anything about it" excuse, and lose enough players...well, one can only hope they see the error of their ways before the game is gone completely, for all of us, and Arc/Cryptic/God too.

I really enjoy playing this game.
    It is, by far, the best MMO I have ever played on a console.
    Between my two accounts (I made a new PSN account due to hating the name of my last one.) I have spent well over $600(US) on this game, and this coming payday I plan to drop at least another $125(US) on it.
    I only fear that short-sightedness, and a temporarily full wallet will lead to the game's permanent demise.

¤¤¤ Wyld Pyrates ¤¤¤

Mature, Respectful, Committed, and SOCIAL Players...
    ...who have a major ARRRRRRsenal!

Check Us Out At: www.Pyrates.Boards.Net

PSN : Ace-Wyld ¤¤¤ FaceBook : Ace Wyld
    YouTube : Ace Wyld (NWO Guild Feature Videos Coming Soon)
  • Options
    nubmaker#5754 nubmaker Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I dont see a problem with it, assuming the guild has made some accomishments. If they have boons and access to gear, then sure, they have put in some work and its is t unjustified for new recruits to bring something to the table right away. Now on the flip side, i see lots of guilds that have none of those things, have not really made any accomplishments..guild hall 5 or 6 with no boons or market place geae is not an accomplishment. I was a sucker and paid to gain entry to a guild based on them having rank 6 guild hall..i however didnt know that they had no access to gear or any boons..was a dumb decision on my part to pay, when there are other guilds just as far with no fee. It would of been one thing if they were progressing at a good rate, but after bieing in it for over ten days, and no progress was made, i left and lost out on that pack, well mostly the bag, because i got all ths guild marks from the rest.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Closing this up. The answer to this is found in our Welcome to Guild Recruiting thread.

After a discussion with Customer Service and devs, it has been determined that Guild Entry fees will be permitted. However, please be wary of scammers. Pay fees at your own risk. PWE/Cryptic/forum staff not responsible for lost or stolen fees. Any disputes must go through customer service or an in game report. You may not make any accusations on these forums under any circumstances.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.