test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A simple setting to avoid a lot of complaints in groups, esp. in dungeons - "auto-pass"

Could save a whole lot of experienced players howling at new players, and people grumbling about the giant "need/greed/pass?" window, if we had an 'auto-pass' setting.

Just let me go into options, and check either or both of "In groups, auto-pass on equipment drops" or "In groups, auto-pass on enchantment drops".

Checking one of these would make it so that I:

a) register as 'pass' whenever the loot roll window would normally come up
b) don't see the loot roll window at all for that kind of drop
c) don't see the result window at all for that kind of drop (but still see all standard messages in chat if I really want to look it up later)
d) get a reminder on the queue window UI that either or both of these settings are set, so I don't accidentally leave it on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    They already added something for this, You can set the loot drops for the group to not vote on green and maybe even blue items from the group menu, which is left menu then I think Y on the controller.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    spoomeister#9137 spoomeister Member Posts: 105 Arc User

They already added something for this, You can set the loot drops for the group to not vote on green and maybe even blue items from the group menu, which is left menu then I think Y on the controller.

Hm, good point, and that can help a little.

But that's for the group leader to remember to set, and it seems like that happens very rarely or not at all for PUGs. Especially when people cycle through as they get frustrated, server dropouts, etc. and the group leader changes hands. Relying on the group leader to remember doesn't seem to work to solve this, since complaining about this part of dungeon etiquette seems to come up a bunch.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    It is sort of funny how people play and prefer to play. I like to pick up everything, except scrolls, as it has some value somewhere and I have the bag space to do that for several runs.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    spoomeister#9137 spoomeister Member Posts: 105 Arc User

It is sort of funny how people play and prefer to play. I like to pick up everything, except scrolls, as it has some value somewhere and I have the bag space to do that for several runs.

Oh yeah I don't mean to say that I never pick up loot anymore... sometimes if there's stuff right in front of me, or if I haven't been paying attention and have dipped low on gold... heck if I just feel compulsive and end up feeding a lot of greens to reeeeallly slllowly fill one of my artifacts. Would just be nice to have the option.
  • Options
    speedokillzspeedokillz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    I like to pick up everything as well, but resist when running a dungeon out of courtesy. Generic loot dropped by mobs should always be round robin instead of forcing all group members to decide, with boss drops forcing players to make a loot decision. Also, just being able to walk over all items that stack or already ID'd would be a really nice QoL change.