test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PS4: Can someone explain the Dungeon System to me??

2»

Comments

• Options
    hartrek#9713 hartrek Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    True. The lack of communication is astounding for an mmo. Probably because the chat client is so crappy. But I don't agree on the mechanics. For many of the dungeons and skirmishes it's not enough simply to survive. Take the Throne of the Gods as a simple example. You have to know how to properly handle the big guys when they focus on you. Granted, you won't die. But you won't get a decent score if you don't direct them to break the gates or the barrier. There are many other mechanics like this you have to know. What I meant is, *when* someone is clever enough to give directions at the beginning of the fight, you better follow them. Coordination of the collective effort is often needed imho.
    We don't need to discuss how terrible the queuing system is. I think that's one of the few facts almost everybody agrees on. Apparently the devs are a notable exception.
    Lately I have done fine pugging in epics. There is a higher percentage of higher ilvl players in them. Perhaps the player base have recognized that the 1600 level is a joke most of the time. The game is relatively new on PS4, so let's hope it's only a question of time till this settles down.
    And one last thing. Did you try Kessel? It's the easiest one probably. Also it doesn't realy need a strategy. Simply set aside some people to handle the beholders while someone binds Kessel. And then focus on Kessel, once the beholders are gone.
    Gáleah Elóthanil  Female Sun Elf CW 70 2500
    Hartrek Runemaster Male  Dwarf  GF 70 2300
    Faeruil  Female Drow  TR 70 1600
  • Options
    fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    There's actually more to Kessel's than that, his beholders will attack him if you do it right, get them to 10% and leave them be. Also the golems will damage him when they blow up, so lure them over.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User

There's actually more to Kessel's than that, his beholders will attack him if you do it right, get them to 10% and leave them be. Also the golems will damage him when they blow up, so lure them over.

Exactly - nothing drives me more crazy than trying to heal for a PUG in Kessels that is low on DPS and watch them kill the beholders.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP