test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PS4 Warlock builds

russ4ua17#7677 russ4ua17 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
So, after I saw we weren't getting the Owlbear Cub and looked at Fernu's ACT, I figured HB Fury would be weak on PS4. Been testing SB Fury and HB Fury all day. SB Fury has the higher possible dps of the two. Hellish Rebuke is nice but Pillar of Power is just terrible. I have 21000 power, my companion (ditched sudden rings today for elemental assault power/crit) pushes me to 40k power in combat and PoP was ticking for~2700.

Curious what other PS4 SWs are settling on until we get the companion needed for HB Fury to compete.

Thanks,
Tyrrany

Comments

• russ4ua17#7677 russ4ua17 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Oh yeah! You only get to buy one respec token with campaign currency. Don't get stuck with a bad build, thinking you can buy more.
  • ratchetjaw10#5258 ratchetjaw10 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Wondering this too. Tried HB fury yesterday, I liked it just didn't seem as affective as I had hoped.
  • sledneck220#2698 sledneck220 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Is there any other augment companion that would work fairly well with the HB Fury?
    Does something like this (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Black_Dragon_Ioun_Stone) not compare to the owlbear cub?
    What difference am I missing here?
    Pillar of Power can't crit. The Owlbear Cub procs a hit for 50% of your power when you fail to crit. 33% of his damage is from a broken pet that we don't have access to.
    Fury is really fun pvp tho.
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User

So, after I saw we weren't getting the Owlbear Cub and looked at Fernu's ACT, I figured HB Fury would be weak on PS4. Been testing SB Fury and HB Fury all day. SB Fury has the higher possible dps of the two. Hellish Rebuke is nice but Pillar of Power is just terrible. I have 21000 power, my companion (ditched sudden rings today for elemental assault power/crit) pushes me to 40k power in combat and PoP was ticking for~2700.

Curious what other PS4 SWs are settling on until we get the companion needed for HB Fury to compete.

Thanks,
    Tyrrany

HB Fury is still doable without Owlbear but yeah, ~20% damage comes from it. If you want to maximize solo DPS SB Fury might be better in longer dungeons (mostly FBI). If you want to have decent damage (compareable to SB) and buff party, HB is way to go.
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
    I wasn't trying to bash your build. I REALLY wish we could run it. Granted, I don't have ACT but I don't need it to know that HB isn't competing on PS4. Even swapping out PoP for FB or WB will bring it closer to SB. Sorry to others for my attitude. Runs in the family.
    Nah, it's cool, I saw your posts on reddit so I know what you're into and about. PoP's damage is weak, it's more utility. As I said, for solo DPS (and mostly at single target) SB will perform better. For trash/party utility HB is rocking.

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
    HB is hanging in there. I'll probably still go back to SB Fury while waiting for New Life. Can't stand knowing my damage could be better. Gonna keep polling people for a few days about the PoP buff. If it's making a difference for them, I can be very happy with the build/playstyle. Be careful if low item level. Survivability much lower than SB builds.
  • darthbane13#2662 darthbane13 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I am very much in the same debate atm, while the HB fury like playstyle seems to be very fun, I wonder about the lost dmg potential. Also, there is something satisfying about going nuclear with SS
  • rottersrotters Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    So what you running atm @fernuu ?

enhance PoP or Dark Rev?

Tab

Tabatha@rotters // Scourge Warlock // Co Leader // Civil Anarchy

Part of the -Fabled- Alliance

We are looking for non elitist guilds to join our alliance.
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Yeah I went HB/Fury and I like the Burst and AOE Dmg, but when trying to do some Encounters I draw too much aggro and keep dying. I want the Survivability of SB, so looking for a good SB/Fury build. Problem is, I guess on Consoles people are still trying builds out, and PC all seem to go Fen's build with the (sick of hearing about what we can't have) owlbear cub.
  • xs13redxs13red Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    on Xbox. 2700 il went from soul binder dammnation to hell/fury/revelry. it feels like my survivability went up. Unless I go to deep in duengeons and bypass tank. Using POP arms and fiery bolt. if you need more try vampiric embrace or warlocks bargain. Reccomend the boons for healing when taking damage-might be helping my crazy play style.
    HELLBRINGER TEMPLOCK-DEMONEYE
    TR-SNE
    CW-ELIKIA-MOF T
    DC-BUFFY ON HEELZ-BUFF/DEBUFF
    GF-BAIT
    GWF-MEATHEAD
    HR-SPLIT NOCK
    XBOX ONE
  • darthbane13#2662 darthbane13 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Any console fury SB care to chime in in their experiences with both SB and HB fury builds with moderate ILs (looking around 2500 or so)
    edited October 2016
    Respecced Tuesday to hell/fury/revelry. So much more fun. Ran test with other locks-CN. damage before Orcas-
    2700 Hellbringer Fury revlery-90 mil with OWLBEAR. rank 9 bondings
    3900 soulbinder fury 80 mil
    3000 soulbinder damnation 64 mil
    Dc and GF.
    Bosses take more time to melt.
    all of us running same guild boons.
    TR-SNE
    CW-ELIKIA-MOF T
    GF-BAIT
    GWF-MEATHEAD
    HR-SPLIT NOCK
    XBOX ONE
    Seems like a stretch. 1200 ilvl difference should have kicked your butt
    The murderous flames fix has a huge difference on damage output.
    TR-SNE
    CW-ELIKIA-MOF T
    GF-BAIT
    GWF-MEATHEAD
    HR-SPLIT NOCK
    XBOX ONE
  • sledneck220#2698 sledneck220 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I respeced to HB Fury after starting purely SB Damnation. So far I enjoy the fury much more. I've topped DPS boards twice but that was in Throne skirmish where there's lots of grouped up mobs. The AOE is sick. I've found that single target is a little worse even with KF. But I'm going to stick with it for a while and get stronger Bonding Stones.
    I'm using the Fire Archon right now with rank 8s and 9s. Does anyone know where I can find appropriate gear for my pet?
    Also, what's everyone running for the artifact set with fury? Orcus or something different? That's the only thing I haven't decided on.
    Using WoE, thayen book of dead, latern, and sig of warlock for now. (will get different artifact for sigal when I decide on artifact set.)
    I'm using two Elemental Alliance Assault rings on companion. Best Power/Crit I could find. Roughly 430/280. Anyone found something better?

I respeced to HB Fury after starting purely SB Damnation. So far I enjoy the fury much more. I've topped DPS boards twice but that was in Throne skirmish where there's lots of grouped up mobs. The AOE is sick. I've found that single target is a little worse even with KF. But I'm going to stick with it for a while and get stronger Bonding Stones.
    I'm using the Fire Archon right now with rank 8s and 9s. Does anyone know where I can find appropriate gear for my pet?
    Also, what's everyone running for the artifact set with fury? Orcus or something different? That's the only thing I haven't decided on.
    Using WoE, thayen book of dead, latern, and sig of warlock for now. (will get different artifact for sigal when I decide on artifact set.)

Skip Lostmauth. I wound up breaking mine and using GrPlated Band of Con
  • Are there any damnation builds out there anymore?
    Damage is lower I know but I don't feel right fighting without my soul puppet. :(
    Just use the old build. I miss mine.
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Anyone that is NOT on XBox have any build feedback since this a HAMSTER PS4 thread? Says so right in the topic.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I am ambivalent myself.
    HB/fury can´t deal the same as my old SB/fury-setup on single targets, trash/AoE is much better and it´s even more fun than SB-fury. I did better against some classes in PVP running HB than SB because they simply died from that HR-inferno plus PoP is pretty nice buf debuff in PVP.

I run with another warlock from Black Lotus FBI lately him 4k+ HB/fury no owlbear, me 3.4k SB/fury. When my KF deals 600k average at 260% effect his deals 1,9 mio average at 430%.
    No clue if it is only the permanent use of TT or what else leads to that big differences in effectiveness, maybe there is more to know about effectiveness and debuffs/build.
    Somtimes it is simply the positioning of the DC and your companion in fight. Does my melee companion get that AA powerbuff or not? Is it a better choice to run that Firearchon and stand by the DC to get a constant 100k powerrebuff from companion etc.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
    edited October 2016
    1.9m KF sounds sexy. 22k power HB Fury and my avg KF below 50% is more like 400k, sometimes reaching 700-950k. I didn't feat KF though.

How are you getting so much power? On PS4 Comp Gift is updating pets stats in real time. So, I ditched sudden rings.
    I am sure the difference is about:
    -the powerrebuff from companion leading to >150k power and the choice of companion or let´s say your DC´s positioning
    -the consequent use of TT, maybe that buggy encounter even stacks :)
    -your consequent positioning inside Pillar
    -critseverity, in the end you can get up to 200% critseverity max. 125% from boons, companions and offhand feat + 75% Dread
    -Demon Lords' Immortality Set also counts

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
    Maybe ask fernuu about that KF and why it get´s that high, maybe I forgot to mention some unknown mysteries :)

Maybe ask fernuu about that KF and why it get´s that high, maybe I forgot to mention some unknown mysteries :)

Enlighten us.

Enlighten us.
    unknown ...I sit in the dark as you do :)