test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fishing numbers

two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
I did some combatlog parsing for fishing.
  • You need 1000 points to catch a fish. (The numbers in the log have the opposite sign of the way I'm describing, so you need -1000 points, but we'll ignore that.)
  • While reeling in a fish, ticks occur every .5 seconds.
  • For a tier 1 fish, reeling in the correct direction awards 50 points per tick.
  • For a tier 2 fish, reeling in the correct direction awards 40 points per tick.
  • For a tier 3 fish, reeling in the correct direction awards 30 points per tick.
  • For a tier 4 fish, reeling in the correct direction awards 20 points per tick.
  • I didn't find any tier 5 fish, but I can assume 10 points per tick.
  • No-resistance objects (such as bottles) award 50 points per tick.
  • If you reel in the wrong direction, you lose 20 points per tick, regardless of tier of fish. (It's impossible to reel in the wrong direction for no-resistance objects.)
  • Assuming no errors, it takes 10 seconds to reel in a tier 1 fish or no-resistance object.
  • Assuming no errors, it takes 12.5 seconds to reel in a tier 2 fish.
  • Assuming no errors, it takes 17 seconds to reel in a tier 3 fish.
  • Assuming no errors, it takes 25 seconds to reel in a tier 4 fish.
  • Assuming no errors, it takes 50 seconds to reel in a tier 5 fish. (I assume)
  • It's not clear how often changes of direction occur. It seems to be a random time between 3 to 6 seconds.
Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.

Comments

• Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    Another thing to note is that the Tier 5 fishes dont give you a progress bar while you reel them in, thus increasing the challenge a bit. I've caught 3 so far.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.