test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Experience Bounce

lythaguslythagus Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Hello fellow adventurers,

It seems we are being shorted again. It is unfortunate that Cryptic will not give better rewards for those who reach level 70 and continue to fight on. As we gain more experience points, we gain less rewards....Why? At first we gain power points and then, we gain complete junk after gaining max power points. Why not give us Feat points or, let us continue on to level 80 and a much slower leveling rate? I would prefer the feat points.

I just think it is unfair for us to increase in experience and gain garbage in return for our efforts.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,113 Arc User
    Giving out Feat Points as rewards kind of negates the whole point of being human.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I would like a Ferrari. It is unfair I do not have one yet.
    Post edited by niadan on
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Feat points would completely break the game. Power points work because you can only slot so many powers at a time. Maybe if they did that, they could create a system to designate active feats, otherwise it would be game destroyingly bad.

Increasing the level cap to 70 was a disaster the game has still to recover from fully. I can't imagine how bad it will be if they upped it to 80.

They should give some special currency for XP rewards, then make a shop like the invoke one. Normal rewards take 1 coin, power points take 2 or 3, and some really good stuff takes 5 or 10 or 50.. do away with the silly RNG on that box.
  • Options
    lythaguslythagus Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Feats might not be the way to go but, giving useless items once you get the max power points ain't the way to go either. Within the last year it seems like the only real thing that keeps happening is they want you to spend hard cash for zen. They are a buisness, this is understood but, come on all ready.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,272 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Sometime, it is junk and sometime, it is not. My level 70 toons are now dedicated to earn XP so that they can earn 45K AD when that proc. Since the introduction of AD bonus, it popped about 15 times so far. I have 12 level 70 toons.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    kvet said:

Feat points would completely break the game. Power points work because you can only slot so many powers at a time. Maybe if they did that, they could create a system to designate active feats, otherwise it would be game destroyingly bad.

Increasing the level cap to 70 was a disaster the game has still to recover from fully. I can't imagine how bad it will be if they upped it to 80.

They should give some special currency for XP rewards, then make a shop like the invoke one. Normal rewards take 1 coin, power points take 2 or 3, and some really good stuff takes 5 or 10 or 50.. do away with the silly RNG on that box.

I like that idea. The first 5 over-levels should be automatic PPs, however. You should be allowed to get some rank 4 powers before having to double-level for a PP.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016

kvet said:

I like that idea. The first 5 over-levels should be automatic PPs, however. You should be allowed to get some rank 4 powers before having to double-level for a PP.
    I like the idea of a predictable currency as well.

You can now buy power points in the Sharandar campaign (see Content and Environment / Campaigns) so you don't necessarily have to wait for the current RNG system to smile upon you.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User

I like the idea of a predictable currency as well.

You can now buy power points in the Sharandar campaign (see Content and Environment / Campaigns) so you don't necessarily have to wait for the current RNG system to smile upon you.

I am not a hater of the Sharandar campaign, so when this became an option, I was definitely intrigued. Especially with the recent Sharandar 2X weekend. BUT. . . Guess what--they turned it into an AD sink--and not a small one at that. If I am correct (which doesn't happen frequently, so please feel free to check), it is 15,000 AD in addition to the Sharandar items to obtain one Power Point.

If I am desperate, I suppose I can trade 2-3 dungeons worth of AD along with two or three days of smacking those annoying little Powries for one Power Point. But I have to be pretty desperate.