test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mount bonuses for TR

poetic1#4744 poetic1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
First let me explain where I'm at as far as progress. Almost 3 months in my TR is 2700. I know about the bonding setup currently using a striker with a 8 and 9, and I've picked out my companions based on PS4 limitations - haven't bought them yet but our 2nd lockbox just dropped and wrecked the prices so I will shortly. I'm thinking of going double CA(blink.wizard) with earth archon not sure what else I need. 2/3 on the Lost set, missing horn still after almost 600 runs><. Terrible luck but I refuse to buy one. Working on my DC for the sigil, have purple kessell's and orange lantern. Last spot is for horn but for now i'm running bruenors and tact banner for ilvl (terrible but meh).

PS4 is lacking mount options at least for primary active stat (I'm currently thinking about Flail Snail as my primary although it doesn't mend well with BAT alas its not available anyways), so I'm going to hold off for now and pray for a Disk. The real question I have is: Would anyone happen to know which mount bonuses are best for TR? Protector's seems like the go to blanket option, but I saw another bonus called assassins something online and it looked like it might be better ( trade defensive stats for power ). I'm interested in a Pure offensive build btw, so whatever increases dmg output the most would be ideal. Is there a reddit list somewhere that lists which mounts give what bonuses as well? I've completely ignored my stable so far and these white mounts are just not ok anymore lol.

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I personally like to stack mobility and lifesteal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I use Quick Action bonus from Flail Snail and I find it the best option we can have. We need our dailies to shine (Infiltrators Action + Artifact Offhand bonus + Whirlwind is a way to go).

Insignia bonuses:
    I'd say Protector's Friendship & Camaradierie if you use Active Companion + Bonding Runestones.

There are few more good options (pve):
    Wanderer's Fortune - chance to drop extra Refining Stones is great, combine it with Dragon Hoard Enchantment and refining will get much easier. Every character should have it.
    Magistrate's Patience & Restraint - it's not huge bonus (1-2% dmg overall), but I can't find enything better.
    Gladiator's Guile - extra speed is great to catch up with all these GWFs running arround.
    Artificer's Influence & Persuasion - we lack Recovery and AP gain, it might be usefull, especially if used right (eg. just after Whirlwind of Blades)
    Assassin's Covenant - extra Power at the cost of Defense, Deflection and Life Steal. It might have a use, but since I have Radiants in defensive slots and my only Deflection and LS stats are from Stronghold/Campaign Boons I don't use it.

If you PvP I'd say healing and movement bonuses (but I'm not very good at pvp):
    Vampire's Thirst & Craving
    Survivor's Gift & Blessing
    Barbarian's Delight & Revelry
    Champion's Return
    Gladiator's Guile

For stats I will focus:
    Critical Chance, Power, AP gain.

Link to all Insignia bonuses: http://two30.github.io/neverwinter-insignia/
  • poetic1#4744 poetic1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Yeah I read that magistrate can stack 3 times but even then that's not enough dmg to cover the Power/Defense you can get from Protectors. Unfortunate but meh. Apparently assassins only covers stats without combat buffs, so it's a very gear dependent bonus as well. Personally I just stack life steal for PVE, but either way I'll have to do a serious math check on a 4k tr to know if it's really worth it down the road. Sadly I think the only way to go is 4 protector's mounts and a wanderers until I get maxed out. The last spot will depend on what the math says. I'm hoping assassins becomes an option around 3.5k gear score, or really just at all tbh. It's a little sad that there isn't any variation really. The illusion of choice (so to speak) is a little disconcerting. The more I look at recovery the more I like the stat for TR's but I don't know what threshold you need to reach for it to really become a game changer. Another thing I need to do is change my race. I took Drow thinking the darkfire passive would be relevant, but I feel like I would be better off as a half orc with the crit severity.
  • poetic1#4744 poetic1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    hmm alright. I guess it makes sense if you can't chain cast lurkers to be stealth DF'ing most of the time.