test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Slight" reduction of voucher drop rate

tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
edited October 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
My experience with the voucher drop rate this morning was that 5 dropped really fast, another 10 dropped very slowly and then I didn't get any more. I have a 3K+ item level and a 140% mount so I'm getting to the battles fast and doing lots of the damage.

What is your experience with the drop rate? Did I do something to offend RNGesus or is the event more than "slightly" reduced?

UPDATE

Some findings.

I stepped away from the game for about 2 hours and drops started up at what seemed like a reduced rate from when I first started.

I took another break for 5-6 hours. When I returned, vouchers were dropping pretty steadily.

Both times, I didn't have enough time available to play to see how quickly the rate dropped off again (farmed about 15-20 minutes each time).

IMPORTANT NOTE - If you are getting no drops be sure you visited your guild stronghold and accepted the initial quest to travel to the siege battlefield called "A Pledge of Support." That carries over from the last event, but if you're new, be sure and pick up the quest.

REQUEST OF PWE

Farming is a key component of any MMO. It would be nice if you would share any rules that govern reduced drop rates so that players can spend their time wisely.
Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
Post edited by tripsofthrymr on

Comments

• Options
    mistranmistran Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    they reduced the droprate so much that i don't consider it worth my time to farm it anymore, well doen crytic
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    Really? I haven't gotten in yet but that sucks.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    I'm of the opinion that (as usual): "reduced drop rate" is a monumental understatement....

DD~
  • Options
    Guild mate just said in 30 min of farming not even 1 voucher.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    More than 45 Minutes of farming the Seige event and just 1 voucher.
    DD~
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    I took a 2 hour break from the game after writing this post. Went back in and farmed for 20 minutes non-stop 3.4K ilevel CW on a 140% mount and got one additional voucher.

• Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    The voucher drop rates from before was obviously broken at the time, everyone I know quietly admitted there would be a reduction but we all hoped there wouldn't be.
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    At our guild there are mixed feelings. Some members are getting vouchers dropping quite fine, some members are getting very few vouchers, and we have 2 people that got 1 voucher after one hour.
  • Options
    remfdtremfdt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 83 Arc User
    I believe you may need to get the killshot on a mob for the voucher to drop, or perhaps at least do the most damage? I know I got far more voucher drops (last time) when soloing packs, than when grouped or doing cooperative kills.
  • Options
    remfdt said:

I believe you may need to get the killshot on a mob for the voucher to drop, or perhaps at least do the most damage? I know I got far more voucher drops (last time) when soloing packs, than when grouped or doing cooperative kills.

In a group you roll for the voucher so you only have a certain chance at getting the vouchers that drop.

I'm soloing on a fast mount with very high DPS in the most empty instance I can find, so chances are I'm getting the kill shot most of the time.

• Options

The voucher drop rates from before was obviously broken at the time, everyone I know quietly admitted there would be a reduction but we all hoped there wouldn't be.

I agree it was probably too high last time around. I'm seeing comments from many places (popular custom channels, guild, alliance) that the event doesn't seem worth farming this time. Feels like an over-reaction to the original issue but I only have my own data to go off of (thus this forum post asking for other people's experiences).

• Options
    sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    The "slight" reduction in drops has left me a little underwhelmed

aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    IMPORTANT NOTE - If you are getting no drops be sure you visited your guild stronghold and accepted the initial quest to travel to the siege battlefield called "A Pledge of Support." That carries over from the last event, but if you're new, be sure and pick up the quest.
    Post edited by tripsofthrymr on

• Options
    fanguine#4803 fanguine Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2016
  • Options
    sabre10 said:

The "slight" reduction in drops has left me a little underwhelmed

Love that pic ty :)

My guild is farming it and we think it's worth it, at the end of the day it's everyone's choice to farm or not to farm, that is the question.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    yep, RNG still enforced, effecting some players for not getting drops.
  • Options
    commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    It suffered heavy nerf thats for sure!
    But there are some odd things.

When I started it in party I got 8-10 vouchers per hour!
    My guildies reported I left vouchers on the ground which I couldn't see.
    Then I changed characters and started solo. I got 50 vouchers per hour which is decent.

Sometimes you got 5 fast and then nothing for 5 minutes.

In the old days you got voucher from one or two mob groups. Now its less. But some of my guildies get decent amounts.
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • Options
    Seems like it's not really that bad. Good to know.
  • Options
    mrramnusmrramnus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    There is also a little cooldown between voucher's drops. I get 5-6 pre 2 groups of moba and after that no vouchers drop for about 3 to 5 minute's
  • Options
    cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    Drop rate was slammed hard, I quietly kept my mouth shut when I read the original patch notes, but sadly Cryptic has remained consistent in how it addresses what they think is overly generous. I'm finding it hard to consider it worth the time given the abysmal drops now. Obviously "should still be plenty" was the same HAMSTER-hat dev that thinks the rewards for FBI and +1 rings dropping in CN are "plenty". This was a great event last time around, it let people grind like crazy to get some movement on their stronghold, because lets face it, that is the bigger issue for non uber guilds...it's been over a year since Strongholds came out and progression still has ludicrous bottlenecks. I don't mind working hard, but caps on currency like heroic shards, influence and campaign items (never thought they should have been in the costs in such idiotic quantities to begin with) are very effective at killing player's enthusiasm.

You can call the drop rates from last time broken if you like, but I actually think what is broken is the devs understanding of what attracts and retains players...Fun and a sense of progression. Why am I not surprised.
  • Options
    Each blue Tyranny voucher is worth 1,549 or somesuch coffer points and 10 have dropped in an single hour of farming plus other vouchers too of course.

Overall am fine with the drop rates and I'll be farming them as much as my sanity can bear it.
  • Options
    midnightflaresmidnightflares Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Even with the lower drop rates it is still better to farm this than the campaign areas, so I am happy enough.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    mrramnus said:

There is also a little cooldown between voucher's drops. I get 5-6 pre 2 groups of moba and after that no vouchers drop for about 3 to 5 minute's

Idk farmed a counter attack HE for ~three minutes and got 11 vouchers. Sometimes I'll get 3+ vouchers on one group of mobs even. The main problem is that people are stupid and kill the boss so you can't really farm it as well as you would be able to otherwise.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User

Even with the lower drop rates it is still better to farm this than the campaign areas, so I am happy enough.

Well last Siege was awesome. Great progression in our SH.
    This one is better than farming campaign dailies.
    Somewhat better than doing DF multis with bell.

stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Not really, as dragonflight drop vouchers you cant get with the siege.

But if your in a guild like me, with maxed out guild ranking, I wanted to see the return of investment for AD generation potential, its no longer there.

My general testing returned something like 1 voucher for every 100 mobs killed, give or take. This is a terrible waste of time all and all.

If you are doing it for AD generation via profession maps, no longer worht it really, other then if you want to do it for downtime i guess (something different)

I will just keep running daily dungeons to save up salvage for later.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    urabask said:

mrramnus said:

Idk farmed a counter attack HE for ~three minutes and got 11 vouchers. Sometimes I'll get 3+ vouchers on one group of mobs even. The main problem is that people are stupid and kill the boss so you can't really farm it as well as you would be able to otherwise.
    this wasnt the drop rate I was getting, I was getting more dragon hoards per pack, then vouchers (had like ten) after 500 mob kills, I was getting 1 out of every 100 give or take in voucher drops.
  • Options
    remfdtremfdt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 83 Arc User
    I honestly didn't notice any great decrease in voucher drop rate last night... got about 40 of them in a half hour-ish of fast slaughter in a low pop instance, which seemed around what I remember from last time. I did note that the drop rate was very "spikey"... i.e. one spawn rotation (back yard) might drop 6-8 or so (up to 3 per pack occasionally), while other clears dropped none. They seem to share a loot table spot with rank 4 enchants now too, perhaps?

In any event, they still drop WAY faster than any other source of SH coffer currency, so still a big win.
  • Options
    playersnoopyplayersnoopy Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    I think drop rate is different from regular mobs and HE mobs... seems HE mobs aren't affected by the nerf.