test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Control resistance in MOBs

shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
It seems to me that by balancing classes the devs are attempting to diversify the choices players make when spending points or choosing powers, so as to not always choose the same feat or use the same power because it's the only one that makes sense.

I'd suggest reducing the control resistance of MOBs in epic dungeons. I love playing a "control" CW, but I can only really do it when playing easy solo content. When in an epic dungeon, control powers are useless, cause even the lowest enemies there have such a high control resistance that they don't stay controlled for more than a second.

Comments

• Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Same for trappers. And your second becomes a nanosecond for us.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    the control boon from the underdark campaign should allow you to control all those monsters
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    solbergx said:

the control boon from the underdark campaign should allow you to control all those monsters

That would be a fantastic boon. The final boon "removes" the obscenely high layer on control resist on the monsters relevant to that campaign...Demons, Giants, etc...

Let's make control great again.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    you would just have people locking down all mobs for the entire event, even then they wont release bosses to that control level, making the control mostly irrelevant in the only fight that matters.

I found early control in this game to be much more interesting. You used sing to take vast amount of monsters to pool them together, time meatballs and steal time together. (or old shield pop and/or repel on tab for thinks like SP final fight or original cn)

But we dont have massive amount of adds, or when we do , we no longer have skills to control more then 5-8 at a time.

Since this game has changed so much, dont expect the same level or need of control.