Options

Grinding for SKT too much?

2»

Comments

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Hello @reposterz
    reposterz said:

I got two level 70 accounts one DC and the other SW. They are both lL 2500+, for some reason or another I do not imagine how I could get Item Level 3100 for Fang breaker Island as well as the Tarmulane Trade Bars for Everfrost Resistance Equipment. I don't know what to do with the voninblod requirement.

I have 6 characters at level 70 most of them over 2.2k or approaching it. I also have 2 empty character slots. I haven't touched FBI or SKT except when I peaked in at it on the preview server. Actually did the first mission with my TR just to assist his guild leader through the blinding storm on the regular Dragon server.

Recently I see fewer and fewer decent armor enchantments at a reasonable price in the AH. Makes me think, is it broken? I can't tell anymore because I can' t access the Gateway AH... hmmm or does it mean something else. While I don't play this game via Steam, it does track average players and I use it as a sort of Nielsen Rating. If you google Steam Charts, you will see the average player base for August jumped up 11% and then this month and last dropped 8.5%. Most players came in, looked around, and left. They brag 2 million on PS4, if you figure the same statistic then 75% or more of the 2 million looked and left. Still gives them half a million new customers, just not on the PC. Popularity of ANY online game will wain over time, much quicker without some real decent content. The players who stick around are made of core fans of D&D, core fans of Forgotten Realms, optimists, and those who have some made some tangible investment.
    reposterz said:

Do you guys who do not buy Zen feel the grind for SKT really difficult and too much?

I use to buy zen, $10 here, $20 there for something I really wanted. But honestly, I cannot recall my last purchase but it has to be more than year ago. I have NEVER purchased lockbox keys or mystery contents boxes for cash. I don't VIP either and because of this maintained zero Trade Bar balance. I already am a member of Alcoholics Anonymous, why do I want to start gambling? It is possible to have fun for free in this game. I am in no way saying they are twisting your arm to make a purchase, but the sales tactics really suck.

The game sort of reminds me of my days sailing at the marina. The power boaters called us "rag baggers" because we used wind power for free. The only gas you needed to use was in the river to get out to the bay. Sailing did cost us a lot of work, the sails don't do it all, big 40 and 50 foot yachts are a lot of physical work done by an entire crew. So they shouldn't be asking how to sell gas to the "rag baggers", Cryptic is barking up the wrong tree, and should be developing the tools and materials to attract a larger base audience.
    reposterz said:

With the new update, things are getting what I feel not worth while to continue playing... not too sure though just asking for points of view.

The Foundry attracted me to this game. Something attracted you to this game, if they remove it, you might feel betrayed and quit playing. I have taken long breaks myself, from this and other games that I play online. Simply put the reason you feel the way you do, Cryptic lacks good selling tactics in their business model.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    cdnbison said:

Now, Cryptic got it right by not tying the empowerment to a profession, thankfully.

You might want to take a look at the restoration requirements for the new artifact weapons now up on Preview. This stage does require materials produced from regular and Masterwork professions and that is before you can start refining them.

• Options
    reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    qexotic said:

cdnbison said:

Now, Cryptic got it right by not tying the empowerment to a profession, thankfully.

You might want to take a look at the restoration requirements for the new artifact weapons now up on Preview. This stage does require materials produced from regular and Masterwork professions and that is before you can start refining them.

Still testing, do not think it is confirmed though..
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    reposterz said:

qexotic said:

cdnbison said:

Still testing, do not think it is confirmed though..
    With only five weeks to go until the next update drops and the main new feature, the 10 man trial, yet to appear on the Preview Server I doubt there will be many if any changes made to the gear refinement process currently on view. As long as they continue to believe/insist we are all actively participating in and 'enjoying' the VB farming and armour empowerment process, they have no reason to reduce it and lots of good reasons to expand on it.

• Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    I'm slowly unlocking FBI on a single toon.

If the purple trowel from the Zen store were account bound, I would have purchased it and done FBI on all my active toons. Not going to pay that much to ease the farming over and over for each toon, so not going to spend the money at all.

I don't mind gating and I don't mind that the gating is made easier with Zen store purchases. The gating is just too excessive and the Zen store purchase too expensive if you play more than one toon.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

I'm slowly unlocking FBI on a single toon.

If the purple trowel from the Zen store were account bound, I would have purchased it and done FBI on all my active toons. Not going to pay that much to ease the farming over and over for each toon, so not going to spend the money at all.

I don't mind gating and I don't mind that the gating is made easier with Zen store purchases. The gating is just too excessive and the Zen store purchase too expensive if you play more than one toon.

It's one of the many things Cryptic don't seem to grasp. Make the zen store trowel BoA and EVERYONE will likely buy it, but as it stands I can't see the epic trowel being hot property.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    this aside.. I 100% agree with @lirithiel , there are way too many non account purchases, more account purchases would = more money from me and many others.

you seem to miss the boat over and over and over again, instead of being happy at thousands of players additional purchases, you seem to market to the same 1000 over and over instead. Seems really odd to me.

• Options
    josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    reposterz said:

Do you guys who do not buy Zen feel the grind for SKT really difficult and too much? With the new update, things are getting what I feel not worth while to continue playing... not too sure though just asking for points of view.

I'm just grinding for the boons because FBI is far too elitist for me. The boons alone are a pretty long grind but even at my leisurely pace I'll still reach them faster than getting the last few WoD ones. Those Linus are a far worse, and the stronghold influence grind is above that in terms of causing conniptions.

As for why I'm not even bothering with the armor, or any special gear in particular: there's no guarantee Cryptic won't just suddenly decide to nerf it. The recent changes to the old sets should be proof enough of that. Why work so hard on something that can/will just be made worthless whenever the Sales department says so? Just to enter 1 (soon 2) instances? I'll leave those to the players they are actually targetting: the ones who have been complaining that there's nothing left to challenge them.

For the rest of us, I don't mind that this content isn't very inclusive. In turn I hope they don't mind if I never run it.

I also have to laugh every time I run over a fire and get Everfrost damage, and hear Wulfgar's chain-smoking voice.
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • Options
    mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    I believe what is being complained about was not a fluke in design. They intentionally designed the new area, and its requirements, to be a long grind. This allows them time before they have to come up with other areas, new campaigns and schemes to remove cash from our wallets. If this new area was a short a campaign as sharandar or dread ring, after one month everyone would be screaming for more stuff and I really don't believe they have the resources to allocate to constantly updating content (theory based on the fact that many, many, many bugs and other irregularities have gone untouched for years). I like cold run for sure.. I especially like the giants on the ships that have an endless supply of boulders they can throw at you. Giant rocks being thrown on a ship..hmmm.. that deck has to be made of petrified wood to withstand the damage.
  • Options
    we dont need any more campaigns really. We need actually dungeon/skirm and raid content, we are severely lacking on all of those things.

They can stop putting resources on campaigns if its too much work to do the other.
  • Options
    We really do have too many campaigns as it is and with that, more boons and more stats which won't help the power creep situation. How much work is adding 1 skirmish and 1 dungeon every new mod? We last got that with Tyranny of Dragons even though Lair of Lostmauth (now Temple of Lostmauth) was more of a skirmish too. Our only 'raid' was also in the same mod but the mechanics or difficulty more accurately was defeated by the zerging tactic which could have been avoided if they capped the numbers of players at each head ala Dragonflight - although 20 is still zerging imo.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    Im 100% positive they spend more time thinking of ways to funnel players into zen store, then actually developing anything else.

Which is the laughable part, as their attempts , actually funnel most of us away!
  • Options
    If even half of the Masterwork fashion outfits were available on the zen store they would have made a killing. But instead they only sold a handful of fashion sets, and many of them pisspoor, in the zen store originally before moving it to the tradebar store. They completely missed the boat on fashion and our willingness to acquire them. I mean look how long it took them to come to the party with transmutes and a way to view them.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    I have personally stopped working on SKT boons as gathering over 30k voninblod for the final two ones will likely make me quit sooner rather than later. I still enjoy the game and don't want to quit, so I won't do it. Maybe the devs will then see the light and tone down the grind a bit.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Glad to hear you guys talk about skirmishes and dungeons...and BUGS. I have been pounding the table on this issue for many months.

IMO, Edemo is just a mutated heroic encounter, CN is a skirmish and I dont even know or want to think about what to call POM or Throne. So, we only got one new real skirmish in CN and one dungeon in FBI over the last 18 months or so.

We keep asking for the old (and new) skirmishes and dungeons back with a graduated difficulty and rewards to match, including gear we can sell and/or use that is BIS. Instead, we are getting little boats and fishing instead. The way we have to restore stuff now almost makes me miss the days of using refining stones.

As someone said earlier, some of the biggest rewards in this game go to those with gambling problems.
    twitch.tv/kaligold