test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Debuffing Questions

nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
Hi all ! Anxiously waiting for @thefabricant's mod10 update. Hoping some more knowledgeable folk can help me out in the meantime.

I've been playing as a debuffing / buff CW and holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> everything is a lot faster.

Anyway, so as a HV-less CW, I'm trying to get the most debuffing I can get without spending 20 million. AD.

Please chime in if you know the answer to any of these questions:

Enchantments:

1) is the recommendation to use transcendent lightning for multi procing dark fire still valid after its changes ?
2) does plague fire function similarly, in th sense that it could be used to the same ( or better ) effectiveness than lightning ?
3) transcendent dread ? Is that an 8% debuff? Would that be better than either lightning or plague for a Drow?

Dark fire:
4) does dark fire proc off of mount insignias ? Such as the dot one ? I think it's called magistrates something or another ?

Companions:
5) just how much better is sellsword than con artist ? I have con artist now but I'm not in lurve with him. Are there any better options that won't break the bank ?

Comments

• Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Thinking from the perspective of Powers, I doubt that any of the Weapon Enhancement powers actually proc any of the racial traits, including the Darkfire itself. If it does, then that's a bug, something that was an oversight.

But in theory it goes like this :

1. Lightning Enchantment tends to move from enemy to enemy with it's own chance and internal cooldown after each proc, applying Lightning damage. Potentially in a group of 10 enemies, say that you cast one Steal Time, it would potentially take between 10-20 sec for the Lightning to move from target to target, and each would only have a CHANCE to apply the Darkfire, given that it actually works which I think it doesn't or shouldn't. As such the prediction is that it doesn't really pay off since it's too random.
    2. Plaguefire works in a sense of DoT (Damage over time) with possibility to debuff and also add more weapon% damage to the target. That extra damage is calculated separately from everything else, so it can't crit and most likely can't proc Darkfire. Darkfire isn't a debuff that works on every spell, Darkfire's applied specifically on the enemies and enemies alone. So your spells have a chance to proc Darkfire, which in turn gives you a chance to do some damage to a specific enemy who's under the darkfire debuff for a brief period of time. If Plaguefire can proc Darkfire with it's weapondamage% then I do suggest taking it, although that would be a serious bug and exploit that gives extremely high chance to proc Darkfire due to the speed of ticks for Plaguefire's damaging powers.
    3. It's similar to the way PlagueFire works, so same goes.
    4. I don't know.
    5. I don't know.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language