test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why PVP is truly BAD in this game and how it can be fixed.

brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
edited September 2016 in PvP Discussion
Hello, I'm here to try to raise awareness to how the devs should be looking at pvp right now and what they have done wrong.
I will talk about:
. Item level
. Tenacity
. Armor/weapon enchantments
. PVP gear

Item level
Right now, this is basically the biggest issue with PVP, because Neverwinter devs decided to add Legendary and Mythical items to the game, the is a HUGE...MASSIVE gap between item levels.
Right now, Being 1k, 2k, 3k or 4k item level pretty much means doubling the DPS and defences for each thousand, which means that in pvp, matching 4k's with 3k's would still be umbalanced.
. My solution to this problem has already been said by many... Add PVP Q's by gear (max item level ever achieved)! Sure, the Q will be longer, but trust me, more people WILL play it!

Tenacity
Tenacity was introduced back when max level was 60 and it was great! I really mean it! Because the game was made so that mobs would be really easy to kill, people were always one shotting each other and duels didn't last longer than 20 seconds at most, so tenacity came to balance that and it did a great job.
BUT NOW it is killing PVP, why? Because the stats it gives are ridiculous AND because it ONLY GIVES DEFENSIVE STATS. Right now, people fully pvp geared duels are endless! Noone ever wins, every one is waiting for that crit combo to destroy the oponent before he regens.
. My solution is to remove it and the rest of it is in PVP GEAR topic

PVP gear
PVP gear needs to have tenacity removed and changed to raw stats, this is to remove the insanity of stats that tenacity currently gives and to make it actually reasonable and easy to balance.
Weapons can give 20% physical/magical PVP bonus DAMAGE (we also need offensive stats);
Armor can give 40% PVP phisical defense AND crit resist in total divided by all pieces;
Accessories can give 40% PVP magical defense AND control resist in total divided by all pieces;
DO NOT use armor penetration resistance, it is absolutely HAMSTER and should not be in a game that introduces armor and armor pen, it's contradictory and is 90% of why noone can kill each other.

Armor/weapon enchantments
.Remove ALL PVP related enchantments! Be it, stamina drain, stamina regen or ap drain, remove it all and keep it simple. These things are being abused by the Veterans for easy wins because they can.

That's it, these are the things that I am sure are killing PVP and the reason most of us hate it right now. However I want to know your opinions, because this is my own and I may not be looking at all perspectives.

Comments

• Options
    awalkerknightawalkerknight Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi all, I need a little friendly advices about PVP from all of you. Situation is - I was playing NWN PVP three years ago very actively. It was maximum level of 60, Tenacity just arrived on pvp items, I had perma TR and GWF just for pvp playing. Situation with classes in pvp was as follows:
    1) GWF were OP, due to being unstoppable and doing a lot of damage fast
    2) GF was also able to do something, but slow and always suffering alot
    3) TR's were good - perma TRs didn't do many damage but was a great cappers, dps TRs was quite dangerous in right hands
    4) DC good build for pvp was annoying as you couldn't kill him alone - he was just standing on your base almost invulnerable; however, he couldn't kill you also and you just pushed him off from base somehow )
    5) and CW's and HR's was a real meat in pvp, dangerous only to slow GFs and to each other.

Can you tell me, as much as you know, what is the situation in pvp now? I'll appreciate different opinions. Thank you! >:)
  • Options
    coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Cryptic doesn't do PvP...if you think it's bad in this game, you should check out STO. That is just laughable how bad it is.
  • Options
    awalkerknightawalkerknight Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @coldnapalm said:
    > Cryptic doesn't do PvP...if you think it's bad in this game, you should check out STO. That is just laughable how bad it is.

Ok, some classes sucks in PvP, as always it was. But what classes are GOOD? and why. As far as I understand, GWF's scared of Piercing Damage, HR's scared of own weakness compared to GWF's? ...
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    brun2000 said:

Hello, I'm here to try to raise awareness to how the devs should be looking at pvp right now and what they have done wrong.
    I will talk about:
    . Item level
    . Tenacity
    . Armor/weapon enchantments
    . PVP gear

Item level
    Right now, this is basically the biggest issue with PVP, because Neverwinter devs decided to add Legendary and Mythical items to the game, the is a HUGE...MASSIVE gap between item levels.
    Right now, Being 1k, 2k, 3k or 4k item level pretty much means doubling the DPS and defences for each thousand, which means that in pvp, matching 4k's with 3k's would still be umbalanced.
    . My solution to this problem has already been said by many... Add PVP Q's by gear (max item level ever achieved)! Sure, the Q will be longer, but trust me, more people WILL play it!

Tenacity
    Tenacity was introduced back when max level was 60 and it was great! I really mean it! Because the game was made so that mobs would be really easy to kill, people were always one shotting each other and duels didn't last longer than 20 seconds at most, so tenacity came to balance that and it did a great job.
    BUT NOW it is killing PVP, why? Because the stats it gives are ridiculous AND because it ONLY GIVES DEFENSIVE STATS. Right now, people fully pvp geared duels are endless! Noone ever wins, every one is waiting for that crit combo to destroy the oponent before he regens.
    . My solution is to remove it and the rest of it is in PVP GEAR topic

PVP gear
    PVP gear needs to have tenacity removed and changed to raw stats, this is to remove the insanity of stats that tenacity currently gives and to make it actually reasonable and easy to balance.
    Weapons can give 20% physical/magical PVP bonus DAMAGE (we also need offensive stats);
    Armor can give 40% PVP phisical defense AND crit resist in total divided by all pieces;
    Accessories can give 40% PVP magical defense AND control resist in total divided by all pieces;
    DO NOT use armor penetration resistance, it is absolutely HAMSTER and should not be in a game that introduces armor and armor pen, it's contradictory and is 90% of why noone can kill each other.

Armor/weapon enchantments
    .Remove ALL PVP related enchantments! Be it, stamina drain, stamina regen or ap drain, remove it all and keep it simple. These things are being abused by the Veterans for easy wins because they can.

That's it, these are the things that I am sure are killing PVP and the reason most of us hate it right now. However I want to know your opinions, because this is my own and I may not be looking at all perspectives.

Funny, we both came to some of the same conclusions. I go 1 step further though: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1223273/the-real-issue-with-pvp-and-what-cryptic-can-do-to-fix-it-it-isnt-premades/p1