test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wow, Aura of Courage!!!

wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
Just sitting here going through some Combat Logs... Aura of Courage really buffs us Hunter Ranger Pathfinders.

I am seeing huge extra damage PER TICK of Careful Attack. For instance -

Non-crit Careful Attack 3577, Aura of Courage 7721
Non-crit Careful Attack 3516, Aura of Courage 7721
Non-crit Careful Attack 3625, Aura of Courage 8134
Non-crit Careful Attack 3464, Aura of Courage 8134

But it does not happen every time Careful Attack comes up in the Combat Log for some reason. Still there is a huge buff in damage for Careful Attack from another classes power.

Does anyone have any other classes powers where they interact with one of our powers like this?

Actually isn`t Careful Attack changed on the PC now? Maybe this thread is completely irrelevant now lol.
Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
Alts :
Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe

Comments

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    You have to be within 30' of the OP to get the Aura of Courage benefit. The size of the benefit depends on the HP of the OP as well.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

You have to be within 30' of the OP to get the Aura of Courage benefit. The size of the benefit depends on the HP of the OP as well.

Aaaah, I was looking at the logs after a PUG run in LoL and that would explain it :)

Does anyone know if Careful Attack Ticks with Aura of Courage need to be procced at the start of a Careful Attack?

Or can you proc Careful Attack and then walk near the Pally and it adds it to the Careful Attack ticks whilst they are already ticking?

I would ask on the game but my mic is currently broken and explaining things in chat can be buggy and annoying :)

I`ll be standing nearer Pally's in the future lol, plus I always have Aspect of the Pack on so win win really :)
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    this is just theory, but we know that careful attack can be applied, and then receive more buffs after application. so i believe you can also move out and back in to the paladin's range and and aura of courage will start procing CA again.

i extended the range of aura's on my pally to 40 feet. it's unpopular, i may be the only one to have done it, but since i main an HR, i know the extra 10 feet is handy for longstrider's :D

is this fixed in mod 10?
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Aura of Courage is one of those great abilities that adds X amount of damage to every ability, but really shines in fast-hitting DoTs such as CA or Gushing, so an HR can make excellent use of it. As can a MoF CW, for example - with their AoE DoTs.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    soonergm said:

this is just theory, but we know that careful attack can be applied, and then receive more buffs after application. so i believe you can also move out and back in to the paladin's range and and aura of courage will start procing CA again.

i extended the range of aura's on my pally to 40 feet. it's unpopular, i may be the only one to have done it, but since i main an HR, i know the extra 10 feet is handy for longstrider's :D

is this fixed in mod 10?

This is what I am presuming as Careful Attack damage ticks go up and down... but I don't know if it would add something like Aura of Courage just by standing near the Pally. One would assume you would have to trigger Careful Attack near the Pally but I would like to know for sure :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe