test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] game freezes when returning from minimized state.

cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
whenever I minimize the game then maximize it again, it freezes, leaving me with no option but to ctrl/alt/del to get task manager up to close it down. this has only started happening a few minutes ago, and I haven't made any changes.

I have checked the display settings within the game, and it is set to run full screen. I always run NW in windows maximized mode because it has caused me problems in the past. I have tried to set it back to windowed maximized and applied the changes, but it keeps reverting back to full screen meaning that I can't fix it that way. are there any other ways to address this?
Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Check the game dir at:
    NeverWinter\Neverwinter\Live\localdata
    for a file named "gameprefs.pref", check that it's not read only, and the partition has enough room to write.
    You can also try to move the file out / or renaming it to reset the settings.

Make sure it's the one in live dir though, there are several of those files around there.
  • Options
    whiteheart80whiteheart80 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    Which DirectX version do you use? Change it to dx 9(ex?)!