test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

For New Pvp Players Please Read

jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
edited September 2016 in PvP Discussion
I get so many upset people who flame me and others daily please understand these things

1. You are going to die get over it. It is ok to get mad and frustrated over losing and or dying that just means your competitive I have lost 100s of matches to get my gear but on average you get 1 win out of 4 matched over time is what I found as a newbie.

2. You may be king in PVE but in my world you are newbie and with no pvp gear you are a quick kill. A experienced player with pvp gear can kill you with most any thing in his arsenal. he is not using Broken stuff just because you die in 1st few seconds

3. Its not that everything is as broken as indicated on the forum most are rants from 2 kinds of people 1 is new players who don't understand pvp and 2nd is players with an agenda to help the class they play.

4. Many, even BIS players have gotten too comfortable with push button routines but with everything going on now days you have to actually play your class. You think as a newbie you complain let one of the BIS get whupped then see the QQing. The difference is they are QQ hoping for nerf when not needed but they are also figuring out how to beat the new changes. I fought 100s of battles on preview before mod 10 came as well as many other players. All attacks can be avoided most of the time from players, you must take the time to learn how. IE leave red areas. I hated Se from TRS but after a while I learned counter moves and still occasionally a good TR gets me . That's how the game is played.

5. If you don't have the stronghold pvp level 20 guild you will lose to them. The boons and gear are earned from getting their SH to that level for a reason congrats to those that worked at getting those

6. some players have 1000s of matches under there belt and have perfected thier technique

Suffer thru loses for wins get the best gear you can we all have before you! SH pvp gear or trade bar gear are great starts and get as many Hps as you can this will go a long way to making PVP more fun

pvp enchants needed

Armor
skip soul forge but still better than nothing
Elven battle helps with CC
Negation helps with resisting Damage

Weapon
any others are better than nothing
Fey touched for low crit builds
Dread with high crit builds

Potions
ability raising with hit point potions
healing PVP potions are a must

I do think there is no place in PVP for drains of any kind but other than that ever class now has the ability to do well if played and geared correctly.
I play a 4k il HR but for a PVE mid size guild. So I don't have PVP boons or a BIS mount either but I do well because I Paid my dues.

Mod edited title, no more shouty caps.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    jhpnw said:

I get so many upset people who flame me and others daily please understand these things

1. You are going to die get over it. It is ok to get mad and frustrated over losing and or dying that just means your competitive I have lost 100s of matches to get my gear but on average you get 1 win out of 4 matched over time is what I found as a newbie.

2. You may be king in PVE but in my world you are newbie and with no pvp gear you are a quick kill. A experienced player with pvp gear can kill you with most any thing in his arsenal. he is not using Broken stuff just because you die in 1st few seconds

3. Its not that everything is as broken as indicated on the forum most are rants from 2 kinds of people 1 is new players who don't understand pvp and 2nd is players with an agenda to help the class they play.

4. Many, even BIS players have gotten too comfortable with push button routines but with everything going on now days you have to actually play your class. You think as a newbie you complain let one of the BIS get whupped then see the QQing. The difference is they are QQ hoping for nerf when not needed but they are also figuring out how to beat the new changes. I fought 100s of battles on preview before mod 10 came as well as many other players. All attacks can be avoided most of the time from players, you must take the time to learn how. IE leave red areas. I hated Se from TRS but after a while I learned counter moves and still occasionally a good TR gets me . That's how the game is played.

5. If you don't have the stronghold pvp level 20 guild you will lose to them. The boons and gear are earned from getting their SH to that level for a reason congrats to those that worked at getting those

6. some players have 1000s of matches under there belt and have perfected thier technique

Suffer thru loses for wins get the best gear you can we all have before you! SH pvp gear or trade bar gear are great starts and get as many Hps as you can this will go a long way to making PVP more fun

pvp enchants needed

Armor

Weapon

Potions

I do think there is no place in PVP for drains of any kind but other than that ever class now has the ability to do well if played and geared correctly.
    I play a 4k il HR but for a PVE mid size guild. So I don't have PVP boons or a BIS mount either but I do well because I Paid my dues.

You forgot to post whether you are playing on PC or a console... if you are PS or Xbox, I apologize in advance for this is not meant for you.
    If you are playing on a PC... your information is out-dated. 1 in 4 W/L ratio would be nice... but it does not reflect the reality of PUG pvp players. 1match out of ten you can expect to meet a similar PUG team. Note: that is not 1 win in 10 matches. That is 1 50/50 chance at a win in 10 matches. so 1 win in 20 is a lot closer to what most players experience. If they are lucky. Some players have gone weeks, even months without a win. I don't think a little frustration is out of bounds given a broken system that we have to play with. If you get flamed... so what. You just dropped an epic beat-down on a player that had NO chance of surviving your first rotation. SO, that player fires back with the only weapon they have available... bad language. Is it nice? Is it fair? No. Guess what... It's PvP. It's not supposed to be nice. & the system we have to play with is currently so broken, it isn't in the same zip-code as fair. You expect the poor little PUG's to take your beat down, feed your boon rewards, & suck it up? Fine. When they fight back with the only weapon they have, bad language, guess what? You can suck it up. If your ego is so fragile that you can't stand the thought that the player you just spent 10 - 15 mins. beating into the ground, DOESN'T LIKE YOU... maybe PvP is not for you. If you wanna be liked that bad, maybe you should go hang out in the Moonstone mask with the RP'ers. But if this post is any indication of how well you are capable of getting along with others... be prepared to be pugstomped.

This post was addressed to newbs. I am assuming then, that you belong to one of the BiS, end-game guilds. Probably PvP oriented, based on the location of this post. One thing that you seem to have overlooked, is the fact that many new players simply cannot afford to buy their way into BiS any longer. The devs have spent the last 5 mods nerfing into the dirt any method that most players have used to generate the sheer volume of resources that many players used to become BiS. Epic dungeon runs... RP drops from HE's, skill nodes, etc., AD from hourly, then daily events... all gone. Most players are forced to earn by grinding. & the grind is not nearly as fast as it was even 2 - 3 mods ago. You got lucky & got your upgrades when they were relatively easy & cheap. Now it is a long, slow process. & oftentimes, players must choose to focus on PvP, or PVE. If they want to do the content that drops the best rewards... they can't do that wearing PvP gear. So, in order to progress, you have to PVE focus. If you PVE focus you suck @ PvP. & then you have some jerk-wad PvP idiot whining @ you cuz you are a "poor loser" & can't suck it up when he farms you for glory & boon rewards. Le sigh... 0.o

The way the game progression is currently set up... players are not encouraged to learn their class. Most new players are running thru the content racing for end-game. I have seen forum posts & youtube vids on how to level to 60 in a weekend, or even in 10 - 12 hours. the truth is, even if you don't stack XP enchants, by the time they finish the PE quests, most toons are already OP for the PVE content. The best way for ppl to learn to play their class is in PvP. Of course... that assumes that they are facing a team of at least NEAR equal skill & power. If you PvP with players that one-shot you with a KITTENS at-will power... all you are gonna learn is how to run back & forth from the nodes to the campfire. & since you are not going to get enuff points to earn PvP rewards... you are NEVER gonna get any better.

Unless you get the BiS gear from SH siege. Which is dead. Seriously. Well, not dead. On life support. Even with 2 -3 chat groups devoted strictly to getting Banners of the Fallen.. SH siege pops 2 or 3 times per week. On a single day. Why? the same reason Gauntlegrym died. Pugstomping. See, as many times as we hear the BiS, end-game PvP'res say they want equal matches... we can't believe them. Because every single opportunity PUG players have to lvl up, & advance, gets taken away. By end-game, BiS Pvp'ers who can't resist the pug-stomping. You want PvP to change? Good. We do to. Thing is... PUG players don't have the power to change anything. The only way we have to win, is to choose not to play your game. & lets face it... PvP has become your game. You don't like the way it is... you have to step up & change it. Only you can prevent your guild-mates from pug stomping.

Thanks for the including the information @ the end of your post. I'm sure there are some players that will find it useful.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I apologize if my post was harsh it was not meant as criticism but to tell new players you need gear or you will die and I hear so much frustration from under geared players and since solo que I see Zone flames about using broken mechanics

in answer I already stated in original post I play a pve guild we are working on guild level 15 right now and I don't have a leg mount or PVP boons. I play a hybrid mix of trapper combat so don't really have the advantage of full piercing or much CC. But since every one qqs over HR now if I kill some one it must be a broken mechanic. This is no big deal in PVP you die, win and lose so what. Get real I can kill a Ungeared player with 3 aimed shots and get accused of broken stuff.

Is the over all game balanced for new players no, But it should not have to be. Many players spent money or grinded to get where they are and I don't think that's wrong. We have to learn to play with what is here and mostly all the complaining just gives new players the idea they don't stand a chance and wont get better so quit. As you play you get smarter and better you learn to read situations and make a difference so that your team could win. I died 20 or so times a match at ist and over all It did only take me an average of 4 matches to get a win. but being smart is also part of the equation. It did not take me long to realize playing during the times the big guilds were mostly online was not in my best interest or hit score board and see who your competition is and adjust your encounters accordingly before match starts . And lastly being aware of your surroundings and going into enough matches you will recognize certain tells and sounds that tell you what attack is coming. So you can learn how to survive or avoid most of the time the big attacks of HR Combat, TR SE, GF 1 rotate kill. Note the really good players how ever quickly figure out you know how to do this and can change things up and still kill you.

Should we have PVP balance yes the problem is how. Solo que was a step in right direction. But face it do the big PVP guilds really just want to play just equal matches no I don't think the egos can handle it. It might last a week or 2 then will become ghost town like GG is now. So we have to help all PVP players understand and learn to play with what is out there. I do feel sorry for any new player though simply because the resources for Ad over the last year have continually diminished and Wintersmoke is correct now you will have to grind more PVE and PVP to achieve and the ratio of games to get a win are higher simply because there are alliances now and the big PVP guilds help there own alliance members.

when I do play a match after I try to give encouragement to the other players especially the new ones I have made many trips to IWD to help others out learn to pvp and made many new friends as well so I am never with out some one to Share an adventure with later
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Video or it didn't happen. Clonk, you come out with these outrageous "2k HR beats 4k premade while unconscious" shock awe headlines, and yet, I've never, ever seen one of these fabled beasts in reality.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    TL;DR.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Yeah, my gwf without enchants and some green insignias has 31k power (2.6k ilvl)

What mount? Ah, boons! (Insignias and enchannts are just icing on the cake.)
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    jhpnw said:

pvp enchants needed

Armor

Weapon

Potions

Mod edited title, no more shouty caps.

yes fun with the pvp set from tradebar can you give me also radiants level 12 to reach the 200k+ hit points? or you can buy me the mounts for the insignias? or can you buy me a legendary lion? a transcended negation and an elven to fight depending who is my enemy? FINally i want and a feytouched then i can have fun.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

yes fun with the pvp set from tradebar can you give me also radiants level 12 to reach the 200k+ hit points? or you can buy me the mounts for the insignias? or can you buy me a legendary lion? a transcended negation and an elven to fight depending who is my enemy? FINally i want and a feytouched then i can have fun.

Don't forget the R20 guild and its boons!!
    Once you have a full PvP set, rank 12's, legendary mount & enchants... then you can get into a guild & start the pug-stomping fun 0,o

• Options
    But according to clonkyo1 you are all wrong you just need to get to 2.7k TR or HR and then you can go and stomp those BIS Players easy as Pie

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Erm, since when did piercing blade become a "bug"..? As far as I know, it does exactly what it says on the box.

Correct terminology is everything in life, I find. All else is propaganda.
    No idea what my toon is now.