test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PS4] My friends and my guild leader already say GF sucks. Now Patch 10 is coming. Need some insight

I really need to hear from some PC players. What is the consensus on the GF? Also from other players do you feel the GF is equal to the OP?

Comments

• shontsushontsu Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Already? As in right now? That's just silly, unless you're all undergeared maybe? Pally's seem more survivable as you're starting out. My DR is just over 50% atm. For something like 6 out of 8 seconds that means the entire party is getting a 50% damage increase. Find me the DPS that doesn't want a free 50% boost to damage for 3/4 of a fight? As my gear improves, the boost will go up, and the time it's not available will go down. In my guild people get big smiles when I'm around to tank (at this stage I think I'm the only GF tank in the guild, definately the highest geared).

Now the future...that's a different story and I'd like to hear from the PC guys too. My impression is that it's more equal, but I'm not sure how gear/boon dependant we are to compete.
  • abmaiden95abmaiden95 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Lot of people crying here on pc because gf is too often top dps in pve and pvp and as a tank it's one of most asked class togheter with dc
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    I'd say they made it harder to get from item level 1800 to 2500-3000, but then you will be wanted. A lot.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    GF is fine. Mod10 was a very minor nerf. Some ppl say no nerf at all, but I think to most GF's it was a very small nerf via ITF, Tide of Iron & Lunging Strike changes
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    It's a big adjustment, but GF does not suck.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • flyersfan314#7217 flyersfan314 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Why is it a big adjustment? You seem to be in the minority here. That does not make you wrong though.
  • wabber#5907 wabber Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Our movement speed got nerfed with a higher cool down with lunging strike. Our movement speed got buffed with steel grace from sm.
    Itf got brought down to 30% or geared in tactician 35%. Still a A very viable buff just not oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> op my group down x boss in 5 seconds now it takes for well geared groups 20-30 seconds.

Mod 10 brought out the conqueror spec for a lot of us to try again and we like it. Still able to do all content and have some dps to contribute to group? Yep not going back to tact or defender for a long while.
    Commanders strike is a bit wonky atm doing a lot of damage if your group coordinates right, pissing a lot of dps off if they care about paingiver. Now of you have a group that cares more about completing content faster then it's great. just a simple search of @thefabricant and he has a chart posted in another topic here showing some of the workings of cs.

Edit http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1
    About halfway down thefabricant post with chart on cs
  • wabber#5907 wabber Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    PvP wise tell your guild leader to watch this video and see if he/she says it sucks ;)

https://youtu.be/ZpkEIicRqXc
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Why is it a big adjustment? You seem to be in the minority here. That does not make you wrong though.

You can't just spam ITF and cast dailies and have perma-steel defense. Before I can run CN without a healer and just buff DPS by 180% and carry a 2.5k ilvl team to the end. That is not the case anymore, hence it's a big adjustment.

Also forgot to add: Before we just stacked defense, now we should only limit our DR to 80%. You don't only need to adjust your gears, you might also need to adjust your boons.

I'm not quite sure why you think only a minority think that the GF nerf is not a big adjustment. The reaction made by the GF population on the nerfs were quite emphatic.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    Your friends and guild leader don't know what they're talking about. Even during the bubble pally heyday - which ps4 never saw - I tanked as well as any pally, AND buffed a helluva lot better.

With mod 10 on the horizon (I'm on Xbox) I've respecd Conq and still tank just fine. And, just this morning I came 2nd in damage during an alliance edemo. I only lost to a 4200 ilvl GWF that was in my ItF group.

GFs are in a fine spot now, so don't listen to those guys...
  • brucewayne#8522 brucewayne Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Why do you choose for conquer ? What's new? I'm on ps4 and I'm going to tactican. Why shall I go conquer ? I need some details. Atm I'm conquer and tanking is horrible.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Why do you choose for conquer ? What's new? I'm on ps4 and I'm going to tactican. Why shall I go conquer ? I need some details. Atm I'm conquer and tanking is horrible.

Once you're at the DR cap and have enough stamina boons your feats don't have all that much to do with your ability to tank. So now that ITF is less effective going conqueror is a little worse for parties but makes grinding campaigns a lot faster.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • brucewayne#8522 brucewayne Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    But I'm at gs 2300.not ready yet all campaigns. I want to go more skirmishes but my equip is not good as I need for tank I think. Perhaps I'm wrong ...maybe
  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    At your ilvl I'd go with a Prot build or maybe Tactician. Never played Prot personally, but I know Tact was pretty good. Sure it still is for the boost to ItF and party AP gain.

At 3.4k ilvl I'm digging Conq, but I may change my mind when I get to FBI...
  • tostrek2012tostrek2012 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    @brucewayne, I am in the same boat. I am currently at around 2.4k, not including utilities enchants. I should have gone with Tactician as @greyhawk said just now. Now, I have to use a retraining token because I am in the conquerer path. Later, when I get to FBI, I will have to use another retraining token for Tactician.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    If your guild doesn't appreciate a GF in the party you may want to look elsewhere. We mitigate group damage, buff DPS and hold threat. What the heck else could a group ask for? Just focus on obtaining your 80% damage resistance and fill needs elsewhere either deflect, recovery, or power.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS