test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please fix discard

hypnotorioushypnotorious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
I know this has been brought up before, but it needs repeating. The discard interface is not safe enough.
  • The discard option is too close to other common options such as the remove option
  • A confirmation popup loses efficacy when used in common tasks, it simply becomes part of an automatic process
  • 'Remove' is one of those common tasks, every time you remove an item, you have to confirm
  • On an accidental 'Discard' click, it is the same automatic process that we've done a hundred times already: click option, click confirm
  • Adding red lettering to the discard warning is an improvement but insufficient when a process becomes so automatic that the confirmation is clicked immediately
  • There are some things that nobody ever wants to discard. The system hasn't provided a 'delete your character and uninstall the game' option in a context menu for the same reason it shouldn't have a 'discard' option for r12 enchantments, mythic artifacts and other obviously valuable items
There are a number of ways these issues can be addressed
  • Hide 'discard' behind an 'other' option
  • Drag to discard could have a destination, such as a garbage can, instead of anywhere on the screen that isn't a valid destination (including the pixel beside a valid destination, such as the border of a bag slot >.< )
    • With this in place, the discard option in context menus could be removed completely
  • 'discard' on high value items could have a double confirmation process
    • Second popup reminding the user of the high value of the item (2 popups breaks the routine of 'click option, click confirm'
    • Text entry, like the process for deleting an entire Character. This is cumbersome, but high value deletes should be rare enough not to matter
  • Add a recovery process. The last 5 deleted items go into a basket. Double clicking an item in the basket moves it back to inventory as long as there is bag space available.
There are a lot of possibilities but almost anything is better than the current situation where accidents are practically encouraged by the system.

On a related note, nobody in their right mind seriously wants to risk 4 superior marks plus other refinement with a 3% success rate without a ward in place. That should never be an option. We can go 100 attempts in a row without success. That kind of repetition can only result in mistakes. The fact that the system allows it suggests the devs think we want that option. Allow me to state the obvious: Nobody, not one single person, wants the option to throw away 400k AD. After a certain point in the refinement process, a ward should become a requirement instead of an option.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i agreed, it is awful game design, when we do refine, and expectaully those rank 7s alway get message pop up, confusing as discarding message.
    only items i really want to throw out, it was those 24 slot bags that we cant sell, trade or discarded. we paid for it, and they stole our item slot with an item sitting there rottening for months, they REFUSE to fix it~!
  • Options
    krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    plus, plus, all of it!

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    +1 hundreds of times with a side of pretty please

As somebody who recently lost a transcendent 7mil enchant thanks to sleep deprivation, two seconds of slippy attention, and a buggy wireless mouse with a tendency to decide for itself when I stop holding the left button, I can only agree. The current system is extremely unfriendly to players and needlessly so.

I also really want to be able to discard Breyer's Draconic Investigations, 12-slot bags, any quest items for quests I dropped from my journal, and the worthless white black ice pick, much more so than legendary artifact equipment, mythic artifacts or transcendent enchantments. The current system is an insult when trash has a higher chance of having "cannot be discarded" and "cannot be sold" tags than rarities that would cost an arm and a leg to replace.