test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tiamat is NOT about getting on the DPS Board

chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
Okay those new to Tia, it is NOT about seeing how elite you are trying to get high on the scoreboard. You Don't kill the heads right off, get them to about 2 bars and STOP doing damage, get all the heads to 2 bars and then next time around you kill them all. This is why you fail!

Those that don't want to learn the strategies because they view it as a "spoiler"...So you think it is okay to waste other people's time going in blind, and then what? maybe you finally start to understand after messing up 8? 15? times, while everyone is waiting for you to understand the mechanics of the fight?

BTW stop spamming help! you aren't getting a rez.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like you should get a group of people to talk to if you're getting this upset about PUGs. Get in a guild or something, I hate getting in a group with toxic people as yourself.
  • Options

Sounds like you should get a group of people to talk to if you're getting this upset about PUGs. Get in a guild or something, I hate getting in a group with toxic people as yourself.

I fail to see what is toxic about my post. I think you assume much.
  • Options
    shontsushontsu Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Seemed like good advice to me.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    yeah it's all true enuff. the line about revives might have been a little harsh in wording but it's true. if you go down when you're killing heads there is just no time to revive people. it's fastest to respawn and ride back to the head.
  • Options
    mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine. Set up a party with folks you know or run the risks of variables & people wanting to experience the game their own way. This also applies for folks like me who don't like spoilers....stay out of the public lobbies or run the risk of unwanted advice in the best case scenario or open hostility in the worst, lol!

Some people actually enjoy figuring out bosses on their own, though. Some who know the ins & outs of the fight just want to speed most efficiently into reward town & any thing that slows that progress is unfair. Which I disagree with btw, at least somewhat.

I find those who expect other random players to play as they dictate to be behaving in a manner thats at the very least, no less unfair than a person who fails a few times & goes in blind not wanting spoilers (and thus extending the lobbies run time)

That failure thing works both ways, btw....If I don't know the answer or strategy & get downed. By all means keep doing what you are doing & let me handle my own deal. If I feel the terms warrant it I can revive myself with Rez Stones.

I stay out of public lobbies for these specials until I get the feel of them & play primarily with friends who appreciate my point of view on the matter. It's a big player base though & who knows....we could end up in the same private lobby.

If that's the case, the answer is a resounding yes...I do expect the people playing allow me to "waste their time" figuring things out while letting me PLAY. I'm a fellow player, not a resource worker in your professions pool you set up tasks for & order about.

When the time comes that I know the answer to an event/boss & another player want to figure it out themselves, I'll afford them the same courtesy. (Unless they ask; then I'll of course help with advice)

It's a social game, get out there, be social try to find new friends with the same tastes & appreciations as you have game play wise, & pool with them.

It will be easier on both your sanity & time than expecting everyone wants to hammer through quests without trial, error, and discovery by being told what to do (or be berated for what they are doing wrong)
    Post edited by mossy#5930 on
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    chimerax said:

Okay those new to Tia, it is NOT about seeing how elite you are trying to get high on the scoreboard. You Don't kill the heads right off, get them to about 2 bars and STOP doing damage, get all the heads to 2 bars and then next time around you kill them all. This is why you fail!

Those that don't want to learn the strategies because they view it as a "spoiler"...So you think it is okay to waste other people's time going in blind, and then what? maybe you finally start to understand after messing up 8? 15? times, while everyone is waiting for you to understand the mechanics of the fight?

BTW stop spamming help! you aren't getting a rez.

So you try to kill all of heads, WHY? Every group I have completed that instance with has killed off one head and we get gold every time. Is there a bonus to loot if you kill all the heads? I just don't see your logic without understanding why you need to kill all of the heads.
  • Options
    So you try to kill all of heads, WHY? Every group I have completed that instance with has killed off one head and we get gold every time. Is there a bonus to loot if you kill all the heads? I just don't see your logic without understanding why you need to kill all of the heads.

Yes, killing the heads is the goal, this allows you to open the chest at the zone in. You can still get Gold and be defeated.

• Options
    pedroyaya#9994 pedroyaya Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    i hate getting in a game where no one picks up and uses the dragon souls when they help out a ton
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    chimerax said:

Yes, killing the heads is the goal, this allows you to open the chest at the zone in. You can still get Gold and be defeated.

This. Also, if your group is strong enough, they can kill all of the heads in one or two rounds without worrying about whether one falls early. But that takes a pretty overwhelming amount of strength.

I only say this because I've actually seen it done on PC. PS4 probably still has a way to go before groups reach that level of power.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    tommyshowtime#4898 tommyshowtime Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Why kill her she is so beautiful! Lets all protect her!
    Tommy Showtime
  • Options
    sometimes the head doesn't hurt

chimerax said:

This. Also, if your group is strong enough, they can kill all of the heads in one or two rounds without worrying about whether one falls early. But that takes a pretty overwhelming amount of strength.

I only say this because I've actually seen it done on PC. PS4 probably still has a way to go before groups reach that level of power.

we are close to two rounds. we had a few runs where we got 4 heads down on the first pass.

xbox is definitely able to do it.

but it's not so likely if you've got a partial pug in with a guild run.

it still makes no sense to spend the time killing the head all the way on the first pass. I'm not sure why anyone would argue for this as a reasonable thing to do. kill it to ten percent and move on.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User

it still makes no sense to spend the time killing the head all the way on the first pass. I'm not sure why anyone would argue for this as a reasonable thing to do. kill it to ten percent and move on.

To be fair, many people underestimate their power and/or don't stop on a dime. 5 people stopping at a set point is easy. 25 on one head....not so much.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    Chim is in my guild. I've been in a few of the instances I think he's talking about. one or two people end up stubbornly staying behind and going for the kill. they know exactly how powerful they are I think. I"m over from xbox... I've done Tiamat many many many times. WOD has always been my favorite part of neverwinter. Stopping at about two bars and moving on doesn't have to be a problem. even with 25 people.