test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(pc) mod10 combat, and the immortals.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
As far as I remember the tool tip on piercing blades reads, 50% piercing damage, which cannot be mitigated by defence.

However, I'm still... even with something like 225 critsev and 60% critchance... hitting D.C.s for big fat zeros, and not putting much of a dent in OPs either.

I've never played a D.C. or an OP in PvP, how are they doing this, and how can I kill them..?
No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    u cant kill everybody, some classes have powers that do mitigate our piercing damage, so even if defence and deflect cant, it says nothing about powers, does it :smile: .
  • jackanuckox3jackanuckox3 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I never played OP/DC either but there are two things that can stop our piercing damage: Astral Shield and Binding Oath = your zero's.

Just wait for these encounters to finish (You can see it) and then start your rotation. A Bullcharge or any kind of prone from an allie would help you to kill them with one rotation, tho.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Sorry, frustrated, compared to last week, this week has been a long boring fruitless fight against troll teams of double DCs, OPs, permasmoke TRs, repel CW tanks. Makes me just not want to bother till Solo Q comes back.

I really don't get it. Why do they bother making the troll premades 2DCs 2GF or OP and another X. No danger of losing. Where's the fun..? All 2, wait till it goes blue. Leave tank, cap another node. Leave tank and a D.C.. 2nd D.C. goes back to 2. Spare rotates as needed. Yawn win.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    As a dc player, though not the immortal faithful build, i keep met other dc/op in pvp. The odds is just like meeting other classes but since im a dc, the chances of my party gettign 2 dcs is higher.

To answer your question, DC's AS when used after empowered blocks damage based on 9% our max HP, so if your piercing dmg is lower than 13k-15k, you deal 0 dmg when we are standing in shield. Just knock us out with your boar if u willing to slot it.
    Ok, thanx, I'll try but boar isn't a toss and prone, it's a prone on impact. So odds are you'll just be flat on your back in your shield.

This is where I wish I could borrow repel off a cw.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Ok, thanx, I'll try but boar isn't a toss and prone, it's a prone on impact. So odds are you'll just be flat on your back in your shield.

This is where I wish I could borrow repel off a cw.

Sigil of the Controller repels while Horn of Lostmeal knocks them back if you have either of those.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    I do have the cw sigil. Nice, I'll try it.