test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trickster Rogue PVP Weapons question

rukia#3090 rukia Member Posts: 23 Arc User
Hello everyone! PS4 player here.

So I finally managed to buy the twisted set. I've been using the drowned set for pvp, Main Haind is lvl 60 and off hand 53. My question is, which of these 2 sets is better for pvp? Obviously I've been thinking of using the drowned weaps to refine the twisted ones cause its a lot of refinement points but I feel like the drowned set bonus (when struck, heal for 50% of max HP) is just to good in pvp. Again, I havent used the twisted weapons yet so I'm not sure how good its set bonus is but the drowned set bonus + perfect negation and the siege ring I use, makes me pretty much unkillable most of the time. So yeah, before refining the twisted weapons with the drowned ones, I wanted to ask just to make sure I dont make a stupid mistake. Thanks in advance

Comments

• ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    yeah, i want to now the benefits of twisted weapons, im using the burning set for 25% insta AP refill after daily use, which works perfectly.
    Post edited by ionvnegativo on
  • rukia#3090 rukia Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    morenthar said:

Here's some general wisdom about PvE, PvP and gear.

If you take part in PvP at all, you gear for PvP. So although the Twisted Weapons are great, the Drowned Weapon heal is critical to PvP currently.

The best friend to any PvP players when doing PvE are Bonding stones.

Thank you for your response!

I guess I'll have to use something else to refine my twisted set

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I used Drowned to upgrade Twisted and regretted it. They do not allow you to earn another Drowned set, whereas you can earn multiple Twisted. I finally got another Drowned set through lockboxes.

Twisted is very good for Power and Defense stacking. However, you do lose the healing from the Drowned set.
  • rukia#3090 rukia Member Posts: 23 Arc User

I used Drowned to upgrade Twisted and regretted it. They do not allow you to earn another Drowned set, whereas you can earn multiple Twisted. I finally got another Drowned set through lockboxes.

Twisted is very good for Power and Defense stacking. However, you do lose the healing from the Drowned set.

Yeah that's what had me worried. I do PvP alot and honestly, the healing from drowned has saved me a lot of times, especially when I didn't had the gears I have now. Good thing I asked first :)
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Yeah that's what had me worried. I do PvP alot and honestly, the healing from drowned has saved me a lot of times, especially when I didn't had the gears I have now. Good thing I asked first :)
    Twisted set can be good if you have a significant amount of insignia bonuses that grant healing in combination (survivors blessing, champions return, oppressors reprieve) and a high hp pool (150k). Once you are at this point the healing from the drowned set is not really that essential to keep yourself alive. Obviously if you are not at this point I would keep what you have until you can achieve this.
  • pepe#7131 pepe Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Just to add that some players might start panicking after placing a nice Lashing Blade from Stealth - as your first blow on them. In most cases you are probably not hurt at that moment, so all the healing might be wasted.

Not to mention that cutting people in half is always funny.