test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free Neverember's Warm Welcome Bundle

juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
When will we get the "Free Neverember's Warm Welcome Bundle"
Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9

Comments

• Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    Yeah...I've asked as well as others, so....
  • Options
    asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    I think, think, PC got it with MOD10. So same for us.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I'm afraid that is simply not true...

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10008743-free-neverember's-warm-welcome-bundle!

It was offered at launch of Alliance on PC and WAS offered initially on Xboxone when Alliance launched, but sometime that same day...it was pulled with no explanation as to why it was only available to a lucky crew of folks that didn't have to go to work apparently. A lot of guildmates received it...but a lot like myself got nothing.

Why the secret?

Edit: spelling
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I further researched the disappearance of the warm welcome pack and can now see why it was removed...any update on when we may see them brought back?
    @strumslinger @kreatyve
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yes it was removed due to it being exploitable so we have to wait for them to fix whatever loophole they'd overlooked.

By past experience I'd say we'll get it back sometime around mod 15.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Was there anything particularly special about the stuff in it?

Or is this just another stick that keeps being picked up to beat the devs with?

If anybody's really stuck for pres wards and R7 enchantments I can lend you a couple till it comes out...
  • Options
    Well the blood ruby would've been nice, especially with 2x RP next week...

• Options
    juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Thats the free stuff that was in.
    items to help you win favor with a guild and earn Guild Marks

Major Influence Voucher
    A random Stronghold Voucher

Items to aid in increasing the power of your equipment:

Blood Ruby
    Silvery Enchantment, Rank 7
    Dark Enchantment, Rank 7
    Radiant Enchantment, Rank 7
    Azure Enchantment, Rank 7
    5x Pack of Preservation Wards
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • Options
    neverburnaclown#3112 neverburnaclown Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    i would say it was pulled more for the four included coupons than the other stuff. Seeing as you could have gotten 4 for every character you had, and if you had the ad or zen, could have run the table on mounts, keys, and companions and then deleted the excess characters. That and the pres wards.

A more enterprising player could have made a killing off that alone (and some probably did. I will admit to some jealousy now that I think of the possibilities). Plus the influence exploitation for guilds.

All the other stuff was all character bound and limited in interactions.

For example, currently the portal hound sells for 800 zen. One coupon was half off selected mounts. 400 zen at the time was 108,000 ad (roughly. It was around 265 at the time of release). A portal hound auctions for 213,000. Double the profit. Now, to be fair, I have no idea if the portal hound was covered, but that's my quick example.

I don't really expect it back, at least not in that iteration.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I should quit my job and go home to build a character before maintenance today just in case ;)
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    armadeonx said:

Yeah... that would have been nice.

But there were only a handful of people got them, so its not like it caused any great imbalance or actually removed something from characters inventories.

PW/Cryptic should learn to just drop special gifts, rather than announce them in advance. That way there'll be less bad feeling from people who feel they are owed something if there's a problem.

Mind you, speaking as a parent of two young kids, if one player gets something and another doesn't it's not going to be long before someone's going to start crying...

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited August 2016

armadeonx said:

PW/Cryptic should learn to just drop special gifts, rather than announce them in advance. That way there'll be less bad feeling from people who feel they are owed something if there's a problem.

The thing is, it was never announced for Xbox. Only for PC, and not all platforms get the same promos. It was briefly listed in the rewards agent as a mistake. I believe it was a mistake because the items were meant to go with the Jubilee which was about to happen when Alliances hit PC.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    So no...announced or unannounced, it was not an accidentally placed promo, rather a broken placed promo.

Also...stuff happens good or bad unannounced. Remember gmopgate, leadershipgate, & wardgate?

Edit: spelling
  • Options
    iccyasdiccyasd Member Posts: 126 Arc User

Thats the free stuff that was in.
    items to help you win favor with a guild and earn Guild Marks

Major Influence Voucher
    A random Stronghold Voucher

Items to aid in increasing the power of your equipment:

Blood Ruby
    Silvery Enchantment, Rank 7
    Dark Enchantment, Rank 7
    Radiant Enchantment, Rank 7
    Azure Enchantment, Rank 7
    5x Pack of Preservation Wards

its giving more than listed actually, 50% Mount/Companion/Dye?/40% Enchant Key coupon (24H) & Adventurer's XP Booster, probably a mistake on their part or it was some how part of the patch they have forgotten to remove before going Live.
    Main - IccyAsd Lvl70 (GF 4249)
    Alt - Freaya Lvl70 (CW 33XX)
    Alt - Demonic Iccy Lvl70 (TR 27XX)
    Guild - Windows Central (GH14)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    armadeonx said:

Awww come let me give you the blood ruby~ *pass!
    Wait.... its character bound....... xD

=P
  • Options
    So... the moral is, don't blame the game... blame the players who spoilt it for the rest of us.

(Ducks from the incoming barrage of why its cool to exploit stuff but not cool to remove exploitable stuff till everyone has had the chance to fully exploit it...)
  • Options
    hah :D

• Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    Typically they do some sort of community giveaway when a new Mod is released. Blood ruby, dye, scrolls, health stones etc. I know Alliances wasn't strictly a Mod but it was pretty close and PC got something. But you know....Xbox so meh.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

I further researched the disappearance of the warm welcome pack and can now see why it was removed...any update on when we may see them brought back?

@strumslinger @kreatyve

Yeah I thought it was a bit weird that it was removed but understand why now I have looked it up. I actually only redeemed it once on my main... I had no idea my other characters could have redeemed it too. Kind of glad I didn`t though if it was broken.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    It's not like we got nothing at all though.

I know most of the stuff from that new mini campaign line is geared at giving new players a basic artifact, introducing how campaign lines work, and what have you, but the fact that all your characters can pick up a grandfathered BtA re-roll token is pretty cool.

Life scrolls, mounts and companions too... Ok, so they're not epic gifts of splendoured plenty... but pissing and moaning about how its not fair that someone got something we didn't just reminds me of having to mediate between my kids when one gets something the other doesn't.

I play video games to get away from that HAMSTER.
  • Options
    Yeah...so I understand, you are OK with 1 part of the community not getting something that was intended for the whole community and to top it off, you are in a sense calling me or anyone perturbed a child for crying foul and calling PWE out on it? Should we have also stayed silent when PWE has done anything we as a community didn't like?

It's not the item...it's the blatant disregard and disrespect for me personally.
  • Options
    Seriously?
    Blatant?
    Disregard and disrespect to you PERSONALLY?

Actually NOW I think you sound like a crying child.
    No one with a firm grip on reality could imagine that pulling an exploited aspect of a game played by tens of thousands of people was a personal disrespect.

It's a free gift most of the game didn't get because a bunch of greedy players broke it... and a load of other players are jealous they didn't get in quick enough to exploit it themselves.

Jeez... its not personal... seriously. If you honestly think that, then I'd recommend some serious down time away from gaming.

As has been explained several times, it was dropped because people were abusing the good nature of the gift. It was done to stop abuse and exploitation.

Now... if you take something aimed at stopping the abuse and exploitation of the game "personally" I suggest that says more about you than it does the devs.
  • Options
    manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    But... Why not send it on a Mail to our already existing characters? Why not unlock it only for the already existing characters? They've already done this b4, why this pack got pulled out? It's kinda sad really that they don't care anymore for the X1 game, I'm pretty sure PS4 will totally get the same Bundle as PC with their Alliances update :disappointed:
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    But that's just not the case.
    If people can't understand why the staff were focussed on PS4 recently then I'll try and explain. I don't imagine it will matter, because rather than it actually being a genuine problem its just something that can be turned to support existing bias.

The release of the game on a whole new platform IS important to the company. It will have required a lot of extra time and investment to get it right.
    BUT... and here's the thing... they have STILL managed to introduce Mod 10 at roughly the same time.
    I've read PC fora where they say exactly the same about XB that people here say about PS.
    If it really were the case that they are ONLY intérested in the newest platform they wouldn't have developed material that most players on that platform haven't a cat in hells chance of attaining this side of next Christmas.

It would also make no business sense. To spend r&d budget on a new platform in order to ignore another? Financially it would be safer to consolidate.

AND... Having a third income stream means more money to go into the development of the next raft of new material that will be available on all platforms.
    This means more profit (and thus more continued interest and support from PWE) which means a more solid long term future for the game as a whole.

THAT is the sort of meta-level HAMSTER they have to focus their resources on. Not making sure that a one off freebie gets distributed evenly when it flat out failed first time.

So yeah... it's waaaaay down on their to do list, but not "because it's Xbox and we HAMSTER hate our Xbox clients" but because they literally have more important HAMSTER going on.
  • Options
    manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    But that as a business is a fail too, they want to get everywhere and do everything and while they're getting it done, they aren't getting it right, it's the quality vs quantity issue, so now the Class balance, the Storm King's update, Alliance update and everything else in between suffered because they didn't time the PS release correctly and accordingly...?

That isn't the costumers fault, and you should know this, if I don't make things right my costumers are gonna come at me, applies to every business. It's kind of an exaggerated reaction over just the Bundle tbh, but if you look at the picture the way you put it, this applies too.
  • Options
    Um yeah...so it's back in the merchant less the exploit

Signed crying baby
  • Options
    @mordekai#1901 just so we are clear, my feeling of being disrespected by PWE was not that they removed the pack, it turns out in needed to be done. That's the real rub...why keep your community in the dark just because they could? Transparency goes along way...
  • Options
    mrroofer#2455 mrroofer Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Warm welcome bundle is back I just claimed mine last night from claims agent :)
  • Options
    yes its back, claim it b4 its gone ! lol
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Only one per account though,