test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free Neverember's Warm Welcome Bundle

2»

Comments

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

@mordekai#1901 just so we are clear, my feeling of being disrespected by PWE was not that they removed the pack, it turns out in needed to be done. That's the real rub...why keep your community in the dark just because they could? Transparency goes along way...

I imagine that every day they are inundated with reports of stuff going wrong, bugs, and all sorts of problems across all their platforms.
    If they took the time to log, explain and report what they were doing, (because each of these things will be a personal pain in the HAMSTER for those players they effect) it would probably take twice as long to fix them, cos they'd spend more time reporting than fixing.

Simply because they don't reply, or explain, doesn't mean they aren't working on the problems. (As we can see from the fact they have gotten round to addressing it)
    But they have to prioritise their time, and it's not a personal disrespect aimed at anyone for them to get their heads down, their arses up and just get on with the job of sorting out what must be an absolute minefield of daily and weekly bug reports.

If not knowing what all the problems are and what they plan to do to fix them means HAMSTER gets sorted quicker, I for one prefer it that way.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    The answer to the thread is YES, we will get it back and when is now.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • mbraderz#0583 mbraderz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Hi all,

So I started playing this amazing game about a week ago, loving the game so far, learning slowly the mechanics and skills / stats etc, I noticed a welcome pack in the rewards agent inventory alongside a companion ( illusionist ), I've redeemed the illusionist but left the Welcome pack till I had enough zen to use the 50% mount coupon you get to purchase my 1st proper mount

I logged in today and noticed it was removed from the Rewards agent.

Please can a developer / Moderator / Community manager / Veteran player clarify why I've lost this pack please.

Many thanks in advance,
    Mark.
    It's not there anymore, I didn't even get a chance to redeem mine :(

Hopefully I can get it back because I was saving for a mount
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    It'll come back in due time. It was heavily exploitable so we'll need to make tweaks before we can place it in the RCA again.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Thanks for the speedy reply @strumslinger

Will it still contain the same goodies as
    previously?
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    I assume the problem remains that as much as you character bind the stuff in there, people can still refine enchantments, pass them on and simply replace the character and keep repeating.

Maybe you could limit the number of packs to the number of character SLOTS a player has? It would mean that legitimate replacements would not get the pack, but at some point a line needs to be drawn,
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Easy solution is to allow one of these Packs per character but only openable at level 60 or something.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    What about 1 per account instead of per character?

Or make the contents Bound to Character / unsellable? it was mainly the preservation wards and coal wards that were exploited by the looks of things and that's caused a major inbalance in the Trade House

I hope they keep the same contents though

Any news on when the Pack will be added back to the RCA? With this mount promotion on atm I could really do with an epic :smiley:
  • iccyasdiccyasd Member Posts: 126 Arc User

What about 1 per account instead of per character?

Or make the contents Bound to Character / unsellable? it was mainly the preservation wards and coal wards that were exploited by the looks of things and that's caused a major inbalance in the Trade House

I hope they keep the same contents though

Any news on when the Pack will be added back to the RCA? With this mount promotion on atm I could really do with an epic :smiley:

hhmm dont think you understand, the content is already bound to character & once per account. The main issue is those items could be used to refine an unbound enchantment & pass it around, normal player would not benefit much but for those that bot they have unlimited accounts, after all the game is free.
    Main - IccyAsd Lvl70 (GF 4249)
    Alt - Freaya Lvl70 (CW 33XX)
    Alt - Demonic Iccy Lvl70 (TR 27XX)
    Guild - Windows Central (GH14)
  • kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I got it the first day. Lol. On all characters too. I'm feeling super special all of a sudden.
  • iccyasdiccyasd Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    kclowe said:

I got it the first day. Lol. On all characters too. I'm feeling super special all of a sudden.

and now you will be hunted by the dev :P
    Main - IccyAsd Lvl70 (GF 4249)
    Alt - Freaya Lvl70 (CW 33XX)
    Alt - Demonic Iccy Lvl70 (TR 27XX)
    Guild - Windows Central (GH14)