test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OK, now what?

So, my rogue FINALLY finished the Maze Engine, and I just did the Portal to Tuern quest. Since I grabbed every quest available around the time I hit 70, that means I still have plenty to do. Icewind Dale, Ashen Battlefield, the "Farthest Forest", and the Dragon Well.

All of which are sitting in my journal with the warning "this quest directs you to an area significantly higher level than your hero".

My level 70 hero.

Is there something else I should be doing? Finding some way to bring up my item level? (it's at 1707, for the record) Finally join a guild? Grind Maze Engine and Tyranny dailies? I've hit the cap, by all rights I should be ready to go forward, but the game is all "you are not ready, grasshopper".

And no one suggest mote farming in Elemental Evil. I hated doing 10 heroics in each realm to get the quests done, I am NOT doing 100 each in each realm, I don't care how allegedly HAMSTER the weapons get. NO.

(Aside re the end of the Maze Engine: Is Baphomet broken or bugged? He didn't seem to understand that he should be attacking someone else when I'm in stealth. You cannot see me, you demon tool, GO BEAT UP ON MINSC OR DRIZZT OR SOMEBODY.)
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Lol Baphomet isn't bugged, I guess he just has demon vision xD at your IL you should team up with at least 1 other person to fight him - that's the kind of thing guilds are useful for :wink:

The EE campaign gives you 4 boons - you'll be missing those if you don't run it but it's up to you.
    Edit - I re-read & saw you're referring to the weapons farming. The water & fire ones are good for the TR but it's up to you - your next upgrade will be Twisted but you'll need to be over 2.5k before you can start that.

Once you've done with most of your boons your focus is on improving your gear. I always consider a character as being in the 'basic gearing' stage until 2.5k, where they move into the 'advanced gearing' stage. (I made those up as a personal reference)

So you should be working towards T2 armor, artifacts (inc neck and belt) enchantments to rank 7 (as a starting point) and getting a basic weapon and armor enchantment. For armor, I know soulforged is the way to go for dungeons but for soloing I prefer Barkshield. The logic is that as a TR you don't get hit much but when you do it hurts - the Barkshield absorbs those hits whereas a soulforged gets you up if you die - not a big help when soloing as they just kill you again. SF is great when you're in a party though.

This is the stage that I consider the 'real' levelling up as it takes a lot more thought and investment.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Sharandar and Dread Ring aren't bad for a solo TR if you have pretty good gear and a companion that consistently takes aggro.

I second the focusing on gear and boons. Get the Drow Shirt and Pants (Farm Ichor by killing dragons or doing demonic heroic encounters) Start running the dungeons you can get into - those will drop alliance gear if you remember to bring you dungeon key.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP