test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

vip questions

can someone explain to me the benefits of vip? i just got it for the first time, i read up on it and, i should have some teleport mask, and a bunch of other random goodies, ike summoning a mail box/merchant to sell,
All i got were 2 lock box rewards, and 1 enchanted / 1 dungeon key

one of the main reasons i got it was for summoning the vendor wheneve since i just started and have zero bag space, and i dont wanna not loot/sell everything, currency adds up even at 2 silver a piece, i know its not amazing but ive got 30gold at 25 and thats with me skipping an entire quest hub or two because i got over leveled.

Comments

• Options
    moogie101#4741 moogie101 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    VIP comes in many levels, Ranks 1-12 depending on how many months you buy.

Although it does stack, so if you buy three months you'll be at level 3 & get that level of reward but if at a later date you buy another three months you'll be at level 6.

Level 2 Teleport to Moonstone Mask.
    Level 3 Power of VIP. additional HP.
    Level 4 Travel Signpost.
    Level 5 Invoke ANYWHERE not just at campfires.
    Level 6 Summon Mailbox.
    Level 7 Summon Salvage Anvil. No longer get injured.
    Level 8 No Auction House Fees.
    Rank 12 Summon Banking Portal.

Also additional AD, reduced Wondrous Bazaar costs, rushing companion training or professional tasks.
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Not yet pal...
    If you read the VIP rewards you'll see that they are tiered.
    I'm away from my XB right now so can't be specific, but I'm currently 4 and have the teleport to Moonstone mask, and the only summon I have is the sign post, which I use a lot for fast travel.
    There are 12 levels of VIP each new batch you buy increases your rank by 1 and extends it by 30 days.
    Each new rank opens up increased bonuses such as the vendor summon.

The fact you get 125 Zen worth of lock box key every day for 30 days makes the return on investment almost inevitable, as well as the incremental bonuses. (if you don't make 300k ad worth of drops in a month, I'll stand corrected and say you were unlucky as I've got FAR more than that these past three months).

Even if your rank 1 hasn't met your expectation, don't think of it as a poor investment.

(unless you are already buying many many keys in which case it's still good value for the investment, but might not feel like it...)
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
  • Options
    asleepdanasleepdan Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    damn i thought i read somewhere that you got 1 enchanted key to open anything, and also a dungeon key for the chest at the end, ive only received the enchanted key, is the dungeon delve key tiered as well?
  • Options
    moogie101#4741 moogie101 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    asleepdan said:

damn i thought i read somewhere that you got 1 enchanted key to open anything, and also a dungeon key for the chest at the end, ive only received the enchanted key, is the dungeon delve key tiered as well?

On the screen where you get the daily enchanted key to open a lockbox (LB & Right to access your Inventory, then scroll along to VIP Per Diem) there is also another option above it labelled "VIP Character Rewards" which gives you a key (or keys depending on VIP level) to open dungeon chests & Identification Scrolls & these Dungeon Key & ID Scrolls can be claimed by as many characters as you have whilst the Lockbox Key is limited to one per account.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    The dungeon key isn't tiered, when you go to inventory where you pick up the enchanted key you'll see an item above it in gold - that contains your dungeon key and some scrolls & can be picked up on all characters (1 per character per day)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    Normally (for me anyway) the first time after the new day ticks over that you LB/Left to open your inventory it defaults to the rewards per diem.
    There are two rucksacks available; one green and one purple.
    The green one contains the epic dungeon keys and a batch of greater ID scrolls. It is available on all characters.
    The purple one is where the lockbox key lives, and you get one per account.

I buy VIP in 3 month batches for 2700 ZEN.
    That works out at 90 zen/day or at the current exchange rate about 24-25 thousand AD per day.
    Aside from the Tarmalune Trade Bars (soon you will treat any enchantment below 7 as refinement fodder) the contents of the boxes will average more than 25K per day.
    Today mine was fairly HAMSTER, a bunch of refinement stones worth about 12K (AH prices) but yesterday I got a superior mark that I could sell for about 80k if I wanted, and in the last month I've dropped two artifacts worth roughly 350'000 booth of which have been useful to one of my characters.

I would pay the VIP price for the sign post alone... the 1/2 million or so AD per month in "stuff" is gravy.

• Options
    And of course... that doesn't even cover the dungeon rewards from the epic keys...
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Wonder what will replace the 10% AD bonus for invoking at level 5.

I guess they will not really need to remove it from the list. After all you still get the 10% bonus. 10% bonus of 0 is 0.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I think you need VIP 2 to get the dungeon keys...overall it is worth it but some days I wonder when I end up with cult of the emblems from my free key...why does that even exist!?!
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies