test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

dungeons.

2»

Comments

• drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    I've leveled up my first tank. I've never played the class before so I'm taking my time getting boons and gear before trying the dungeon. I do understand the general concept just want to make sure I can survive when holding agro.

Another issue I have is when I'm surrounded by enemies I can't tell if I'm blocking or not.
  • drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    It does suck when you play with random people that don't understand team work. Last night playing kessells the tank kept running into battle before anyone else was there. I was always right behind him and had to revive him and barely able to keep us alive until the rest of the team showed up.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

worse are the 1600s who don't realize they are outclassed and stay. LOL. people will stop leaving when they have a realistic cap on dungeons. imo t1 should be 2000 and t2 2500.

Totally, the IL requirement is way too low. If they made the T1 req 2k then people would take the time to work on boons whilst getting gear that can handle the run. As a person who likes to start new characters, I never run one in a T2 until they are 2.5k anyway as it's not worth it.

I was on an ETOS yesterday where 3 of the group were around 2k and they kept dying due to either standing in the red or going into aggro before me (on my 3k pally). We only had one reasonable dps - a 2.8k TR, but the 2k DC quit halfway through. Funny thing is I only saw him use HG once and no AS - which is a must on low geared runs. I asked the others to NOT stand next to me as I attract all the aggro and we made it through to the final door, by that time a replacement had arrived - not a healer, another protection pally.

We got through the first phase with no deaths but lost two on the 2nd part (including the decent dps). It took us about 15 mins but we finally killed the boss. I came top on paingiver and kills with the TR second but they were just happy it wasn't a waste of time.
    You know what is funny is that my level 60 GF has the gear from Dread Ring (the one that levels up with you from 61 to 70) and the weapon from Sharandar (also levels up with you). By the time that character hits 70 my IL would be higher than most players who are fresh 70 without even putting on my 70 gear.

I keep stating when someone ask what should I do after I hit 60.

My simple response is this. Finish up the level missions first. Than do EE campaign and clear the stages one at a time to ensure you get the boon at the end of each area.

Do not stop EE when you hit 70, finish it up completely. Than go do the Vault of 9 quest, complete that. Than start Sharandar, Maze Engine, Undark and Dread ring campaigns. Get those completed and get the best gear you can for your character.

Run normal dungeons 2x a day and 3 level 70 skirmishes 3x a day and work towards getting seals to get the 130 gear. When doing Dread Ring and skirmishes you will get ichor, max that out to get the 135 pants and shirt. Soon your IL will be closing in on 2K. I know just doing the EE campaign my IL using 5 enchantment I was around 1800 by the end.

• real life happens and people have to leave dungeons, its part of the MMO genre ..... some people dont want to waste their time with multiple deaths, when if they have a good group it would be over in one run.... people join these dungeons with too low of gear score BC they can.... let LFG be your friend and quit doing pug groups

Ya, let LFG be your friend. A bunch of people asking for too high of GS to join them. When people demand someone be 3000+ to run eLOL....thats a problem....You could just not be a jerk and help people learn the game...then guess what happens? MORE people want to play it LONGER! If you love the game, don't be a dbag.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    IL isn't everything - PUGed a dungeon the other day, started out with all high IL people and thought it would be a breeze. They wiped on the first boss. One left - in comes a low IL person, clearly they inspected him and the others started dropping out. Other low IL people come in, one is in all PvP gear. Me and the new group proceed to clear the rest of the dungeon without a hitch because they all worked together and played their parts.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

ravenskya said:

IL isn't everything - PUGed a dungeon the other day, started out with all high IL people and thought it would be a breeze. They wiped on the first boss. One left - in comes a low IL person, clearly they inspected him and the others started dropping out. Other low IL people come in, one is in all PvP gear. Me and the new group proceed to clear the rest of the dungeon without a hitch because they all worked together and played their parts.

PVP vs PVE gear from what I can tell is not much difference other than Tenacicy or whatever. I believe the other stats are a bit lower, but not by that much. I was doing some comparison for my tank between all gear and the PVP gear looked pretty good IMO.
    ravenskya said:

My alt is now IL 1600 but only level 63. I purchased all the gear from Dread Ring on my main for GF and gave it to her. That gear IL increases as you level up your character from level 61+. I also got the weapon from Sharandar as that is the same. The only things I need are pants, shirts, and off hand. The rest are that gear, well other than the Dragon Ring I use.