test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary Mount Drop Portabello

13»

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

Honestly I have yet to get a drop from any of the CTA/weekend events. Generally one person in our guild/group of friends gets something from each of them - nada so far on this one for any of us.

One player said they average a Beholder every 100 runs. I did 1K that means I should have 10 of them. LOL... This player must not understand that the beholder is a 1 in 6,000 chance. This means after 6,000 runs you may get it, may, not 100% there but your odds of getting one are good. Just like the epic mount in the LB, odds are 1 in 6K again, does not mean you will get one if you opened up 6K LB in one shot.

I viewed a couple of videos showing how many keys it takes to get a EPIC mount, typically 2,000 or more.

I wanted to post some tips for the night time players. Beholder mount is typically awarded 5 minutes after the Griffon mount is awarded. If you are in the run and just finished up and need to touch the beholder and you see that someone just got the legendary griffin mount, setup a timer and you may get the beholder. The groups I ran with did this and it worked about 50% of the time.

I hope this improves someone else odds.

• drathmor#2709 drathmor Member Posts: 113 Arc User

ravenskya said:

Honestly I have yet to get a drop from any of the CTA/weekend events. Generally one person in our guild/group of friends gets something from each of them - nada so far on this one for any of us.

One player said they average a Beholder every 100 runs. I did 1K that means I should have 10 of them. LOL... This player must not understand that the beholder is a 1 in 6,000 chance. This means after 6,000 runs you may get it, may, not 100% there but your odds of getting one are good. Just like the epic mount in the LB, odds are 1 in 6K again, does not mean you will get one if you opened up 6K LB in one shot.

I viewed a couple of videos showing how many keys it takes to get a EPIC mount, typically 2,000 or more.

I wanted to post some tips for the night time players. Beholder mount is typically awarded 5 minutes after the Griffon mount is awarded. If you are in the run and just finished up and need to touch the beholder and you see that someone just got the legendary griffin mount, setup a timer and you may get the beholder. The groups I ran with did this and it worked about 50% of the time.

I hope this improves someone else odds.

thanks for tip but i doubt it will matter RNG has always hated me no matter what game it is
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    RNG has hated me since I started gaming, LOL - but being the glutton for punishment I am I keep at it. I'm not sure if it has made me a better or worse player over the years. I generally assume that I won't get anything spiffy and just keep happily trucking along on my normal stuff. If I ever do get something snazzy it's a huge deal for me.

I'm probably one of the only people in Dragon Age Multiplayer that got my traveler badge BEFORE I got my Hakkon out of a Dragon.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

ravenskya said:

RNG has hated me since I started gaming, LOL - but being the glutton for punishment I am I keep at it. I'm not sure if it has made me a better or worse player over the years. I generally assume that I won't get anything spiffy and just keep happily trucking along on my normal stuff. If I ever do get something snazzy it's a huge deal for me.

I'm probably one of the only people in Dragon Age Multiplayer that got my traveler badge BEFORE I got my Hakkon out of a Dragon.

LOL....

You are not the only one. 2K run so far and still no beholder. I'm approaching that 3K mark. Maybe tonight I will finally get it, maybe...LOL
    Eh, I gave up - now I'm just running enough to get the dice to roll the D20 and to keep the meter rising every week.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

ravenskya said:

Eh, I gave up - now I'm just running enough to get the dice to roll the D20 and to keep the meter rising every week.

I will spam it until I have the meter full for both characters. I mean you still get a shot at the mount.

I will spam it until I have the meter full for both characters. I mean you still get a shot at the mount.

True, I certainly wouldn't complain if it dropped - but I'm a realist about my luck. There are things I can work for - those are the things that I have. Then there are things you have to get lucky for - those are the things I never get. Lol

ravenskya said:

True, I certainly wouldn't complain if it dropped - but I'm a realist about my luck. There are things I can work for - those are the things that I have. Then there are things you have to get lucky for - those are the things I never get. Lol
    I know what you are talking about.

My tank character when she hits level 61 will have all the 115 level 60 gear. Than at level 70 I have all my gear ready to go as well.

I'm also working on my plate crafting so I can make the best pants and legs for my GF.
  • terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    To be honest, if you want something in this game - the best thing to do is farm the AD and just buy it. Forget RNG