test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

the Seekers Wands are Broken

drathmor#2709 drathmor Member Posts: 113 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Bug Reports (PlayStation®4)
when you buy these from the trade bar store it says 100% drop rate of motes from heroic encounters.. I would like to point out several flaws with them..

1) first off they arent 100% drop that is a lie its more like 60% a friend and i tested them pretty heavily over the weekend going from one heroic encounter to the next only getting motes some of the time even with the wand going on its 30 min window

2) the counter for the wand in your tray has a broken counter causing people to renew faster than truly needed were its says its gone but by checking your stat bonuses it is still active. im sure some players click it again wasting upwards of 10 mins per wand
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• squanchy#5672 squanchy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I've had this same problem with the Earth seeker wand. I used, no, wasted a wand and a half before I stopped farming after convincing myself I was not the one messing up or coming to the HE's late. I've missed out on over 30 motes easily. This needs to get fixed immediately!!!!! This is false advertising and is just not fair, some kind of reparations should be in order! As Drathmor put it, it is literally plain robbery.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited September 2016

when you buy these from the trade bar store it says 100% drop rate of motes from heroic encounters.. I would like to point out several flaws with them..

1) first off they arent 100% drop that is a lie its more like 60% a friend and i tested them pretty heavily over the weekend going from one heroic encounter to the next only getting motes some of the time even with the wand going on its 30 min window

2) the counter for the wand in your tray has a broken counter causing people to renew faster than truly needed were its says its gone but by checking your stat bonuses it is still active. im sure some players click it again wasting upwards of 10 mins per wand

The wands do work. Timer and all.

Do not pay attention to the timer near the wand. Look below your character name. There is a seed there and the true timer is there. By moving over to the buff area on your character you can see how much actual time you have left. Using another wand extends that timer.

As for motes, you, not your group, have to do a certain amount of damage for it to count. So if you show up and the first part of the encounter is already completed, it won't count.

Now my issue with Drowned Shore was not using the wand but the encounters themselves. For instance, the merchant encounter you would show up right when it starts but there are no adds/enemies to protect the merchants from. As for the seas elves, half of the time they were not there.

Out of all the heroics the one that does work is the Fiery Pit and it is why you see more players with burning weapons than any other weapon. I have tried all four now and the fiery pit is the lone one where the only issue I had was with me not getting there in time or doing enough damage for it to count.

Hope this helps you guys out.
    Post edited by zebular on
  • drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    How much damage do you have to do? I'm focusing on a support DC and do heals and buffs so my own dps isn't the highest.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I do think that there is a chance that some of the wands are screwy. My guild has been mote farming over the last week and they had no issues with the water or fire wands, but there was an issue that several of them had with either earth or air where they were soloing the heroic encounters and still not getting the motes on all of them. It seemed to have about a 70% drop rate from what they were telling me.

I have avoided the mote farming so far because the character that needs it is all heals, I dread attempting to do the amount of DPS required for it to count.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP