test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Harper Bard testing with ACT

As the title suggests, has anyone on pm tested the effectiveness of the Harper Bard? Like how strong his buffs and debuffs are? Do his (de)buffs stack with other Bards? Things like that, that us console plebs can't really check.

I know this companion is pretty rare, but I'd like to think someone has gotten into the effectiveness of using him.

Thanks for any and all feedback?

Comments

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    7% debuff, mitigated 3 times by DR.
  • Options
    greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    Thanks guys. @thefabricant 7% debuff, mitigated 3 times by DR doesn't sound that good. I still need to read your CW guide update about how debuffs work.. with the numbers you mentioned is the Bard's debuff at least somewhat beneficial?

I feel like the area Power/Crit buff is pretty damn good, right?

I'm trying to decide if I should keep my legendary Bard as my summoned companion on my Conq GF, or if I should make the switch to my blue Sellsword. Switching will allow me to get Protector's Camaraderie and use other companions. Can't decide which would be better overall.

Thanks again ;)
  • Options

Thanks guys. @thefabricant 7% debuff, mitigated 3 times by DR doesn't sound that good. I still need to read your CW guide update about how debuffs work.. with the numbers you mentioned is the Bard's debuff at least somewhat beneficial?

I feel like the area Power/Crit buff is pretty damn good, right?

I'm trying to decide if I should keep my legendary Bard as my summoned companion on my Conq GF, or if I should make the switch to my blue Sellsword. Switching will allow me to get Protector's Camaraderie and use other companions. Can't decide which would be better overall.

Thanks again ;)

TBH, in my opinion the harper bard is the worst support companion of the lot, the best 1 being the ambush drake and the second best being the dancing shield.
  • Options
    Cool thanks man. I'll look into those companions. I read something from another Conq GF saying Sellsword is a great companion too. How does that debuff rank against the two you mentioned?
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User

TBH, in my opinion the harper bard is the worst support companion of the lot, the best 1 being the ambush drake and the second best being the dancing shield.

How about the Rust monster? Is Dancing shield better than Rust monster(5% buff) on a Tank?

• Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Much better, 20% more damage for i would say 70 to 80% of the time.
    Not sure if i want to keep my sehanine anymore, too bad she's pretty and somewhat original =S

• Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    Didn't know about the dancing shield. does it taunt? the tooltip does not say it does, but i did a search and saw:

The dancing shield has the best debuff (20%), but a tank will kill you for using it. Rust monster is 5% as per tooltip.

Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    kozi001 said:

How about the Rust monster? Is Dancing shield better than Rust monster(5% buff) on a Tank?

As teesclimber said, much better.

Cool thanks man. I'll look into those companions. I read something from another Conq GF saying Sellsword is a great companion too. How does that debuff rank against the two you mentioned?

My CW guide lists companions and their debuffs. Should cover what you need to know.
  • Options
    I knew I should've checked out your update. Thanks for all the testing you guys do.
  • Options
    After checking out your CW guide it does appear that the Bard's debuff is pretty bad compared to the other choices out there. At least now I have some idea and don't have to hope it's good...

Having that debuff info I still think I'll stick with my Bard as summoned for the time being. I'm speced for dps but I'm still a support class, and that 900+ Power and Crit to all allies in the vicinity (at legendary) coupled with the small debuff is pretty enticing.

Unless the better debuff of a Sellsword makes up more of a boost than the extra stat gains.. gah, so much to consider! :neutral:
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Unless the better debuff of a Sellsword makes up more of a boost than the extra stat gains.. gah, so much to consider!

The debuff will allways be better. The problem with stat buffs is that once the rest of the group gets big enough base values the magnitude becomes much too low to add much. They're still nice, but not spectacular.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
  • Options
    True. We don't have Ambush Drake on Xbox that I know of, and the Dancing Shield has 3 Def slots.. looks like I'll give the Sellsword another try and see how big a difference I can notice. I love a good raid wide debuff, and the people I normally run with have quite high stats so the Bard buff would be less important.
  • Options
    @thefabricant in one of your screenshots in another thread it looks like you're rocking the Sellsword too. If so, I must be in the right track to keep mine as my summoned. :)

Good hunting all.
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    So are the pc and xbox sellsword and conartist different? On XBOX they both have the same skills and debuff. Con artist has 2 offense 1 defense and 3 rings slots. sell sword has belt, neck, sword knot.
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.