test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Owlbear cub

pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
Anyone using it? any real world dps numbers? video? anything?
Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.

Comments

• soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    i use it, its' great. when it procs it damages for 50% of your power, and for a protection pally, that is pretty good. i have not had a chance to see of buffs from Anointed Army(cleric daily) will effect it, but i have a feeling it does.

here are paladin powers that proc the owlbear cub:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1212175/owl-bear-companion-procs

My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    How much does it contribute to DPS I saw a pally top the charts on CN. I figured that would be the only way.
    the real only way is if party lacks proper DPS. just for example, i can't imagine any paladin ever beating my trapper in a CN run, and i am not the best trapper and i am only 3.2k IL.

it is hard to say how much the owl bear contributes, because for one, it scales with your power, and your power scales based on a variety of factors. also it depends on what encounters you are using. @justawilly uses an owlbear cub and he posted a couple videos a few days ago, 1 with premade group and 1 with randoms.

obviously burning light is our best encounter to use because of the multi procing, but that is also considered a bug and will most likely be fixed at some point. also, if you want to lean on the cub for your DPS, you want to have as low crit chance as you can and stack power. this goes really well with a build that has points in Aura Gifts. if you don't want to share power and want i higher crit build, then i don't feel it's worth the investment.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Yea the party was definitely lacking DPS lol. But he was putting out plenty of it. Hmmm was just curious. thanks
  • justawillyjustawilly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    check out my posts and see vid a i posted a couple of em. and i tell you it works. but it's not a must in order to be a decent dps/aura gift buffer op tank. I'm currently uploading a video to prove it.

And its up http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221665/so-can-you-become-a-decent-dps-aura-gift-buff-op-tank-without-owlbear-video
    Post edited by justawilly on
    Yea just watched it, it was me that commented about not using binding. I would get one shot and reincarnated into an abortion.
    tip do not charge in without temp hp and shield of faith. manage your divine enregy/cooldowns properly and you should do fine. Assuming you got enough DR to begin with. Having a companion that steals aggro for even just a fraction of a second is handy.
    true
  • puravidacrpuravidacr Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    soonergm said:

obviously burning light is our best encounter to use because of the multi procing, but that is also considered a bug and will most likely be fixed at some point.

Did a Dev say it is a bug or just more "Bro Science"?
    :)

as he said..... "considered" ... so nothing official yet.
  • puravidacrpuravidacr Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Does that mean the OP community "considers" it then?

Multi proc:
    Proc'ing on same target multiple times or just multiple targets?
    edited September 2016
    most likely everyone.

Multi proc:
    Proc'ing on same target multiple times or just multiple targets?

BOTH meaning procs on all targets multiple times

bug or not, i still think the owlbear cub is a worthy companion to have if you can afford it.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    i can tell you it's worth it even if you're not using burning light.