test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF getting immunity from steel defense and not GF for everfrost?

groo111groo111 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
patch notes a typo? if a GF cant mitigate everfrost with steel defense why can a gwf , dosent make any sense

Comments

• Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    :/ but 90% of gwf player base won't slot steel defence in pve
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    Shouldn't it affect both? They changed some powers between GWF and GF to separate them but Steel Defense wasn't one of them.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options

groo111 said:

patch notes a typo? if a GF cant mitigate everfrost with steel defense why can a gwf , dosent make any sense

Who not? They are 2 different classes that just happen to share a few skills. Just because one gets changed doesn't mean the other one has to change as well. Just because a GFs mark generates more threat than the GWFs doesn't mean the GWFs one should be upgraded.
    Because it's a bug ...

Seriously?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    If a GWF slots that, it means this GWF won't be that powerful. It is a big trade off from damage to have a few seconds of immunity after using a daily. Lower damage means harder to fill up AP. GWF does not want to use this unless this is the only choice to stay alive.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

If a GWF slots that, it means this GWF won't be that powerful. It is a big trade off from damage to have a few seconds of immunity after using a daily. Lower damage means harder to fill up AP. GWF does not want to use this unless this is the only choice to stay alive.

Again, this was a bug. The intent for steel defense for both GF and GWF is for them to be immune to all danage for the duration of the effect. The fix was applied to both classes because it's the same skill.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Again, this was a bug. The intent for steel defense for both GF and GWF is for them to be immune to all danage for the duration of the effect. The fix was applied to both classes because it's the same skill.

Whilst it's possibble, even probably GF received the same fix, as of Mod 10 it is no longer that same skill from a coding perspective, changes to one do not carry over to the other and vice versa anymore. They mentioned this in the GF balance blog.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    The new patch notes said it fixed
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    carl103 said:

Whilst it's possibble, even probably GF received the same fix, as of Mod 10 it is no longer that same skill from a coding perspective, changes to one do not carry over to the other and vice versa anymore. They mentioned this in the GF balance blog.
    They broke the link between them but from a coding perspective it's the same skill because it remained unchanged for both classes aside from the change in duration.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    They broke the link between them but from a coding perspective it's the same skill because it remained unchanged for both classes aside from the change in duration.

You don't seem to understand what breaking the links means.

It means changes to one do not carry over to the other automatically. Just because it has an identical description, name, e.t.c. is no longer a guarantee that it will act the same. It may appear to be the same skill, but from a coding PoV it no longer is the same skill. It's two entirely seperate skills that at the time they broke the links looks, acts, and are in every way from an end user PoV the same.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin