test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So did mod 10 nerf or buff the HR's ?

pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
Just curious I'm on xbox and have seen a few hunters 3500-3700 range absolutely melt HAMSTER. All the feed back I have seen is that they are doing a lot less on MOD 10. What say the peanut gallery. Was it a nerf or a buff?
Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.

Comments

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    For PvP HRs, huge buff.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    Yea i hear the piercing damage is quite gnarly
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    For PVE stormwarden trapper , a bit of a nerf though. Bladestorm etc. But I was always more pvp, so quite happy my career as a pve trapper is over, combat utterly blows in pve so lol, erm.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    We got a buff in pvp if you use a piercing build, but not enough. The animation for gushing wound still needs to be shortened. Bear Trap needs a completely new animation and targeting effect. The only reason so many of us are using piercing builds is that our base damage is still far too low and we still have no real control abilities in pvp. Roots still don't root.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

combat utterly blows in pve so lol, erm.

It does? I'm doing moons better than before Mod 10. I can actually match GWFs and SWs with same IL range. Combat still needs some work but it far blows in pve.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

It does? I'm doing moons better than before Mod 10. I can actually match GWFs and SWs with same IL range. Combat still needs some work but it far blows in pve.

Agreed. Combat is in a really good position now. Still not 100% where it should be, but that's another story entirely as the dev involved left before the changes were finished. But at least it's viable in the majority of content now.

Archery also got a dps boost in the form of Aimed Shot, mostly - although defensively it's still the squishiest of the 3 trees.

Trapper got some minor nerfs in some areas, and some minor buffs in others. Depending on your previous spec, this may help or hinder you (or not affect you at all).

For the record though, pretty much any class in the 3500-3700 range melts everything around them. It's not just HRs.
  • Options
    I dunno, compared to my initial mod10 trapper stormwarden spec, not intentional, just what I had from mod9, my PvP spec combat HR blows in pve ☺
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    So what about any of you on the PC that is a Pathfinder full Trapper?

Nerf or Buff?

I'm imagining Pathfinder is well below Storm Warden now?
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I tried Combat and Archery on PC. Hard to get the muscle memory going right after being trapper for so long. Combat seems like king in PVP now with piercing damage. Archery, using Split the Sky, Cordon and Rain seems to make things around you melt pretty fast.

I really wish we could save skillsets. I'd pay the fee, 150k each time or whatever to switch, just to not have to pick everything again.
  • Options
    demortian#6338 demortian Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Trapper rotation is messed up - nerf.
    BS now useless - nerf.
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    For those heavily reliant on the buffed bladestorm, this was a VERY massive nerf.

BUT, gushing wound got a BIG BIG buff, making use of this encounter makes up for the loss of (burst) dps provided by bladestorm before,

While yes BS has been nerfed, it still does damage, so for me so far, it is better slotted for melting trash than trying seekers, which to be useful is very hard to do as you will get aggro on boss fights most of the time.

As a guildie of mine told me, I am now doing massive damage, without relying on broken mechanics, and now consistently.

Overall, adjusting your play style to make the most of the new swiftness mechanics, can take like maybe a couple of fights, but then, once you do, you'll see that the Trapper got a little buff.

• Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    I still play trapper and it's better than before. As @durugudesu says Gushing Wound got a big buff and now you hit consistently with it.
    @lirithiel : what encounter rotation do you use with combat?
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    @gabrieldourden: Plant Growth -> Thorned Strike -> Fox Shift. Thorned Strike got a massive buff itself and is only on a 7ish-sec CD now. I tried Gushing Wound in place of Fox but I didn't see stuff dying faster than before. Fox is nice for when a mob is about to do a big attack which I can ignore with the immunity frame. I might have used Split the Sky but the change to Throw Caution (can only be used in melee and needs a target) made me decide against it. For me the TW/TS combo is way better than RoS/RoA for melee.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    this week i go try archery pve-pvp. amazing we will get pvp event too, great timing
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    @lirithiel : thanks
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80