test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Collecting motes in Firey Pit

mdman#9000 mdman Member Posts: 10 Arc User
I'm trying to complete the Collect Motes from Heroic Encounters in the Fiery Pit quest, but can't seem to collect any. I've been at LEAST 6 pug's and haven't collect any. For the life of me I can't figure out why. Do they drop like gold and other items? Am I supposed to be doing something that I'm clearly not doing?

Do you know if this is required for the Elemental Evil campaign? If not, I may just abandon it.

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Motes are only a guaranteed drop on the epic encounters, the 15+ player ones. For Firey pit its Feeding the fire.

All the others only have a slight chance to award motes. In some cases a VERY slight chance.

The best solution is to buy the wands in the trade bar store. When active they guarantee a drop from any heroic encounter.

You dont need to farm motes from any of the elemental evil zones to complete them. The ONLY reason to farm the motes is for the artifact weapons.
  • Options
    blizzardpenguin#4023 blizzardpenguin Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    Do u have the "fire seekers wand?" Is it even in the PS4 version? Check the Tarmalune Trade Bar Merchant

In terms of a requirement for the EE campaign...no. It does though get u a really good artifact weapon set
  • Options
    frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    FYI you can get the wands on the auction house under miscellaneous.
    Seem to run mid 20ks. Which seems fair being 500-600 AD per trade bar seems to be average for most things.
  • Options
    tempos#4626 tempos Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Do you have to have the seed in your personal inventory when collecting motes, or can you put the seed in the bank and still be able to collect motes? I don't want to waste any charges on a wand should I buy one.
  • Options
    spritemysticspritemystic Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Hold the bat phone. Can't believe some of the info on here. I just farmed my burning set from the quest like this weekend. Here is a step by step of what I did.
    1. Talk to Arch Druid for quest Seeds of Fire
    2. Buy Fire seekers wand on the auction house ( Miscellaneous and search wand). They are from 20-25k ad no bars needed!
    3. Grab a dps friend.
    4. Go to Fiery pit. The less people in an instance the better.
    5. Place wand on tray since that's the only way to activate it. Use a charge.
    6. ONLY do the encounter called Falling Rocks. If none are up and Feeding the Fire is, go to that encounter and just stand there until it fails. The Falling Rocks encounter will start again. There will be 3 spawns of this and by the time you get 30 motes you'll know them off by heart.

Tips : Make sure to never let wand charge run out.
    Falling Rocks has 8 easy mobs make sure you get some hits on first 4 for credit.
    You will receive a mote automatically after hitting the barrel and completing the encounter. No looting necessary.
    Have a massive pot of tea and eye drops ready for when you reach 100 motes.
    I used 3 wands
  • Options
    mrrkmiller#5591 mrrkmiller Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    A buddy is a great addition. At 2.4K and dps gwf I used one wand and managed to collect 15 in 30. I can solo easily but the sooner you finish the better. There are three spots like above mentioned. South west corner, center, and north center. The time waster is going between all three. Hopefully you have 110% + and do not get knocked from mount while running to each.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    The artifact weapons that drop from turning in the motes - are they green or purple?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    gjrgamergjrgamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Finished the Earthen artifact quest this morning and the artifacts are iLevel 125 and green. My friend has completed the whole campaign for Elemental Evil and he got artifact weapons at iLevel 120 (green) for that. 2x refinement event starts today on the PS4 so a good time to start building the weapons up a bit! :)
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

The artifact weapons that drop from turning in the motes - are they green or purple?

Green. The only way to get the purple versions, aside from the old-fashioned way of refining your way there, is from the Elemental Artifact Weapon Choice Pack, which is a possible drop from the Wanderer's Artifact Weapon Pack from the current lockbox, or can be purchased on the AH.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    tempos#4626 tempos Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Hold the bat phone. Can't believe some of the info on here. I just farmed my burning set from the quest like this weekend. Here is a step by step of what I did.

Have a massive pot of tea and eye drops ready for when you reach 100 motes.

I used 3 wands

Thank you many times over. You probably just saved me a few wands and a lot of frustration.

I like tea and need to buy more eyedrops anyhow. :D
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Fallen Rock or something like that is the encounter you should be able to solo. The three location are far left hand corner of the map, middle of the map and towards the upper right hand corner. You can get about 15-20 emotes per a charge. Two wand of fire should get you to 100, it did for me.

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    mrrkmiller#5591 mrrkmiller Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    FYI wand is 20K as of yesterday on the AH