test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What endgame relics do you use, specifically weapon and shield? Also are there any updated guides?

I am currently using Rockstar's guide but he stopped after Mod 7. I am looking for a new guide for Mod 9. Also I want to know if updating my Elemental Sword and Shield to purple is a good idea.

Comments

• flyersfan314#7217 flyersfan314 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Please help.
  • I did not follow a build, but have been just exploring build options on my own. I went for the elemental fire longs word and shield. They are currently purple and I plan on getting them up to orange.

I have no complaints since the set bonus in hp and defense.

Once my artifacts are levelled up, I may change to a different weapon set though.
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User

I am currently using Rockstar's guide but he stopped after Mod 7. I am looking for a new guide for Mod 9. Also I want to know if updating my Elemental Sword and Shield to purple is a good idea.

Is that the weapon set you want? Then yes, you should upgrade that all the way to Legendary.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • shontsushontsu Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I think the question is whether that's the set he wants. Mine too, so hope I'm right. It seems like every guide I read has a different recommendation on weapon set.

Rockstar recommends the elemental set, but as mentioned it's a mod 7 guide so could be out of date. Fat Mushroom seems to lean towards elemental as well, but it reads like he's undecided and hasn't really tried the others much. Akter recommends twisted set, but says elemental is fine until you can afford it. Whereas Mika highly recommends drowned set and really doesn't like twisted. This is based off the mmomind guides, maybe they've posted other advice elsewhere...

With the amount of time and effort to get the drowned set, and/or twisted, I'm (we're?) hoping for an idea as to which is the most recommended for mod 9/PS4 (fairly sure flyersfan is a PS4 player like myself).

FWIW, in my case I'm using the rockstar build (protection) because I'm still low IL and learning the ropes and just want to be a good survival tank for now.
    shontsu said:

I think the question is whether that's the set he wants. Mine too, so hope I'm right. It seems like every guide I read has a different recommendation on weapon set.

Rockstar recommends the elemental set, but as mentioned it's a mod 7 guide so could be out of date. Fat Mushroom seems to lean towards elemental as well, but it reads like he's undecided and hasn't really tried the others much. Akter recommends twisted set, but says elemental is fine until you can afford it. Whereas Mika highly recommends drowned set and really doesn't like twisted. This is based off the mmomind guides, maybe they've posted other advice elsewhere...

With the amount of time and effort to get the drowned set, and/or twisted, I'm (we're?) hoping for an idea as to which is the most recommended for mod 9/PS4 (fairly sure flyersfan is a PS4 player like myself).

FWIW, in my case I'm using the rockstar build (protection) because I'm still low IL and learning the ropes and just want to be a good survival tank for now.

Ok, let's try to break it down. The fire elemental set is old and you should quickly change it with a new one. Drowned give you heals, which is pretty good, especially for PVP. In PVE there are more than enough healing mechanics you can take advantage of in the form of boons and insignia bonuses plus you usually have a healer in the group, thus making the drowned set's bonus a little redundant. There other sets too and they give other bonuses but most would argue are pretty useless.

Anyway, twisted gives you a chance to add a tremendous amount of power or defense depending on how you manage it. This is why I like the set, If I want def, I can add up to 4k def to my stats, same goes for power. In the end it's all about how skilled I am in managing its stacks of Paranoia or Blood Lust. Most would argue that the need to even manage the stacks is the very same reason why it is inefficient.

In the end, it all depends on your playing style. If you prefer the healing powers of the Drowned set, then by all means get that set. If you prefer the option of adding additional stats and do not mind the extra duties, then Twisted is a very good option too. As long as you are using one of the new weapon sets, it is all good.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
    oliboyph said:

shontsu said:

Ok, let's try to break it down. The fire elemental set is old and you should quickly change it with a new one. Drowned give you heals, which is pretty good, especially for PVP. In PVE there are more than enough healing mechanics you can take advantage of in the form of boons and insignia bonuses plus you usually have a healer in the group, thus making the drowned set's bonus a little redundant. There other sets too and they give other bonuses but most would argue are pretty useless.

Anyway, twisted gives you a chance to add a tremendous amount of power or defense depending on how you manage it. This is why I like the set, If I want def, I can add up to 4k def to my stats, same goes for power. In the end it's all about how skilled I am in managing its stacks of Paranoia or Blood Lust. Most would argue that the need to even manage the stacks is the very same reason why it is inefficient.

In the end, it all depends on your playing style. If you prefer the healing powers of the Drowned set, then by all means get that set. If you prefer the option of adding additional stats and do not mind the extra duties, then Twisted is a very good option too. As long as you are using one of the new weapon sets, it is all good.
    How does twisted add all that defense? I looked at it and I lose defense according to the inspect tab.
    Also how does drowned give me heels? From critical hits?
  • oneblueeyethree#6279 oneblueeyethree Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Edit- @flyersfan (quote function not working on iPhone for some reason)

It's the set bonus from having both twisted main hand and off hand. You gain stacks of either bloodlust or paranoia. Each stack gives you +160 to either defense or power. They stack up to a total of 30 times or so. But you either have to do damage without getting hit or get hit without doing damage to get each stack I believe.

I am going to get these eventually and try and swap them out for my elemental fire set. Some people swear by them.
  • shontsushontsu Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    From Akters build:
    "(Paranoia gives you 140 Defence every time you are hit (up to a total of 24 stacks), but you lose a stack every time you attack an enemy. With Knight’s Valour you’ll be taking so many hits that you’ll spend most of your time near the max 3840 Defence boost from Paranoia."
    Sweet. Now I just need to get Twisted Ichor. But I cant do that until TIL 25000 right?

Sweet. Now I just need to get Twisted Ichor. But I cant do that until TIL 25000 right?

yes, it's a considerable grind. But GF's are very capable of max stacking Parnoia thanks to Knight's Valor.
  • cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    If you use plague fire (only good ench for buffs) you still have bloodlust in twisted. You dont have defence bonus but still you have power, is useless on dung. A lot of "old" gamers dont change fire weap for twisted cuz is weak for GF BUFF. But if you dont want give buff and dont use plague you can try twisted.
  • jackharper#1224 jackharper Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    I have the same problem, when i buy twisted set and use plague fire and all time i have 24 x bloodlust and 1 paranoia. When i do campagins it's very felpful but in dung useless. Now i use fire set gets on 70 lvl.
    Hm. The Earthen Set seems cool too. I may not get any of them and just get to 2500 with what I have now. Im really not sure...
  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    Earthen requires that you stand still if I remember right. Something that's hard to do for a tank or any one really.

I think Twisted is the best set personally. Either good Defense with KV when grouped or good Power when solo. Just raise the free set to purple as you work towards 2500 and the Twisted set. The free set is fine too, but there are options...
    edited August 2016

If you use plague fire (only good ench for buffs) you still have bloodlust in twisted. You dont have defence bonus but still you have power, is useless on dung. A lot of "old" gamers dont change fire weap for twisted cuz is weak for GF BUFF. But if you dont want give buff and dont use plague you can try twisted.

I have the same problem, when i buy twisted set and use plague fire and all time i have 24 x bloodlust and 1 paranoia. When i do campagins it's very felpful but in dung useless. Now i use fire set gets on 70 lvl.

Well it does not matter because ITF got nerfed. But using twisted used to be the only legit way to get to 180% DR on your own making your ITF buff for an additional 180% damage. Of course the trick is not to use DoT weapon enchants and making sure you get hit all the time.

After nerf, you can either use it to boost your Defense if you are still not maxed out or Add to power if you need it for Solo runs. Like I said, twisted is all about managing your stacks. As long as you don't mind the additional duty, it's actually very good.l
    Post edited by oliboyph on
  • jackharper#1224 jackharper Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    I prefer elemental fire and probably i dont change it fast. Generally I was hoping cryptic give us new weap in mod 10, but not this time.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I'm using the drowned set. I see many DC not playing healers.