test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Few questions re: mod 10 Conqueror GFs

greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
Hail,

I just wanted to pick the brain of my Conq brothers and sisters about how mod 10 is shaping up. I know it's only been out a week, so I know nothing is really definite yet. Here goes!

1. How is tanking current content (up to CN) looking for us? I've heard some say that FBI may be tankable by a Conq, but I'm not worried about that at the moment.

2. I've heard the Sellsword makes a good summoned, so I ranked one up to blue. So far I like her, but are there other companions that are rising to the top? I assume Fire and Air Archons will be recommended for at least active duty. CA pets are dead now, but any other good ones? I have a legendary Harper Bard, but I know he's a lot more rare on PC.

3. Are people using Negation to reach the DR cap, and putting those extra stats to great use? Like if my Negation is 20℅ DR when fully stacked, can I just push my in combat DR to 60℅, and then concentrate on raising my Power and Crit? I assume this will work, but just looking for confirmation.

4. What are you finding makes a good weapon enchant? I'm rocking a Perfect Plague Fire, since I've mostly been Tact. Should I switch to Vorpal? Or Dread? Another one that's flown under the radar?

5. What class features and OH bonus are people digging so far?

6. What encounters, dailies and at-wills are making the cut?

Again, I realize you all are still playing around to figure out what works best. I'm just curious about initial feelings.

Thanks a ton, for any feedback! Us console guys and gals would sure appreciate it. :)

Grey

Comments

• Options
    kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    1. No changes, I'd even say that tanking is easier since we can use HP guild boon instead of defense now.
    2. Sellsword is the best dps/support companion.
    3. Yes
    4. Plague is good. Vorpal is better than Dread, huge part of GF dps comes from at-wills. Feytouched and Terror are viable too.
    5. New Steel Grace and Combat Superiority are awesome. All OH bonuses suck.
    6. All of them except Iron Warrior.
  • Options
    gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    Hi there I returned to the game after a long time (Tiamat mod) I see a lot things changed - and I need bit help. Was searching for some GF manual on MMOMinds but all seems to be outdated cos of Mod 10 changes. I am running GF IV, and I feel bit lost now. Is there any site I can find tips for a builds suitable for current patch? I tried myself but I bet its not working as it should be. Filled gap in equipment with dusk/frosborn sets, obtained water arti set (damn crab grind) having full Lathander set, puted rank 7 enchants - all in all - ended with poor 2,6 GS and stucked there. I would like to be as tanky as possible with a bit of life steal (not sure if its a good idea). Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks and sorry for bothering you, but I am really up to the wall now.
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    Hey Bethel Can Conq tank FBI?
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    pr3stigex said:

Hey Bethel Can Conq tank FBI?

Tanking mobs/bosses seems easy, but since Steel Defense is bugged and doesn't work on Everfrost damage surviving with KV on might be a problem. Going into turtle mode with Guarded Assault/Shield Talent and spamming Fighter's Recovery might be the only way to protect the party as conq (at least until I figure out something better, need more testing).
  • Options
    greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    Thanks for the feedback @kacezet . Good stuff and gives me an idea of what to work on.

Cheers!
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    Ok, thanks for the response.
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.