test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gar Shatterkeel - strategies

Hi all,
I have been going ok so far, level 67 GWF with item level 1309, but I cannot get past this boss.
He one shot kills me, usually around the second lot of summons.
I thought it was the red circle that appears on the ground, but even if I am out of it, it still manages to suck 7/8s of my health away. I can normally survive one, and then heal myself, but the recharge on the heal is too slow and the second one will wipe me out.
Anyone other GWF get past this guy who can give me some advice?

Comments

• Options
    mrrkmiller#5591 mrrkmiller Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Grab a friend :) Try and get your ilvl up some if your trying to solo. How many mounts and companions do you have, are they all max yet with insignias and runestones? What build did you go with? If you try to run out of it while he casts it you still get partial damage. Try to get out before the red appears. Maybe the spell goes beyond the visual queue. Try to go further out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v9NQThg8zY
  • Options
    shontsushontsu Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    I grouped with a random who also needed it. Just msg in LFG or Zone, someone else will need to do it too.
  • Options
    zardash#5849 zardash Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Thanks for the advice. I watched that video, and they melted that guy.
    I've only been getting 3-4k per crit, while they were managing 10k+

I don't have much of a build at the moment. Tried searching for a few, but everything I find is based around Level 70 chars with people willing to spend hundreds of dollars on buying all the best equipment.

I haven't spent any money on the game (well, I spent a few bucks to get the Lvl1 VIP), so haven't been able to purchase any special mounts or companions.
    I have the standard healer companion, leveled to 25 (need to save up 100k AD to get him to 30)
    As well as a stock standard horse.
    I have given them all the best items that I can find.
    It is difficult to refine the runes and enchantments as I need to spend a stack of AD to get the stones.
    Once it gets past level 4 or 5, it takes a number of attempts to refine it.

I don't mind spending a little bit of money, but once I start spending, it is so hard to know when to stop, since there are hundreds of things to buy.

However, I did manage to get past this guy eventually. It was kind of a hit and run tactic. I ran in, used all my abilities, then bolted into the previous room and healed up. He chases me down, but the minions took longer to reach me.
    I used that a few times, and eventually wore him down.
  • Options
    mrrkmiller#5591 mrrkmiller Member Posts: 108 Arc User

Thanks for the advice. I watched that video, and they melted that guy.
    I've only been getting 3-4k per crit, while they were managing 10k+

I don't have much of a build at the moment. Tried searching for a few, but everything I find is based around Level 70 chars with people willing to spend hundreds of dollars on buying all the best equipment.

I haven't spent any money on the game (well, I spent a few bucks to get the Lvl1 VIP), so haven't been able to purchase any special mounts or companions.
    I have the standard healer companion, leveled to 25 (need to save up 100k AD to get him to 30)
    As well as a stock standard horse.
    I have given them all the best items that I can find.
    It is difficult to refine the runes and enchantments as I need to spend a stack of AD to get the stones.
    Once it gets past level 4 or 5, it takes a number of attempts to refine it.

I don't mind spending a little bit of money, but once I start spending, it is so hard to know when to stop, since there are hundreds of things to buy.

However, I did manage to get past this guy eventually. It was kind of a hit and run tactic. I ran in, used all my abilities, then bolted into the previous room and healed up. He chases me down, but the minions took longer to reach me.
    I used that a few times, and eventually wore him down.

Nice Job!!
  • Options
    zardash#5849 zardash Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    And I thought Gar was hard ... Then came Crumblechasm...At least I could survive one hit from Gar. Crumblechasm has no room for error. One of his bombs is instant death.
    Strategy I can understand, but deciding combat by how quickly you can dodge is getting ridiculous...
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    You need to check your gear - at level 67 none of your armor or weapons should be below level 65. With up to date gear you should not be losing most of your health from a single hit.

I'd also question your build. If you just put points anywhere without a true understanding of the impact then you need to respec. You can get a free respec from the seer quest (assuming you guys have it) and I'd suggest you go with Link removed.

Most importantly, read up on the skill rotations.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    I don't play a GWF much, but seems to me the best thing to do on tricky bosses is to save up your determination and hit unstoppable to survive through the red circle?