test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

still trying to find the fun in this game

13»

Comments

• mrrkmiller#5591 mrrkmiller Member Posts: 108 Arc User

Yes I power leveled through guild but then you must have stopped reading. The next day I finished the 1-70 content. Minus campaigns and epic dungeons . Man some people can't read well. I like the game because of my guild. If you have not run out of things to do then your just not a good player and should find a different genre to play. I have dailies and play the AH. Which is hard since I work and no online app. Missing 12 hours of auctions suck. My second guild and second char, started about 4 days ago and most plvld maybe 10 levels and are at 70. I could not do WoW content in a month plus from level 1. I am just saying I see the OPs concern and agree. I still play for now. Hoping the new mod comes out soon. Yes when I play I play for 15 hrs+. I am not casual and do an hour here and there (weekends). All I can say is I have never finished 80% of a MMO in less then a week and it is 3 years of content. I agree with others depends who you are with and like I said previously, no voice chat sucks!! Should get fixed in a few days.

I'm straight out calling you a liar bro. I grinded more than 1 toon through the 1-60 missions and those mission take more than 2 day like you stated, try like 4+ days unless you played the game 24/7 and didn't sleep, eat, use bathroom, etc...maybe than you might achieve completion of the 1-60 missions in 2 day, but even that is stretching it a bit.

Campaigns are a few weeks worth of grinding. Epic dungeons you can do when you hit level 70, but I would recommend getting an IL up to 2K before trying them.

Game is not hard and it shouldn't be. It is a group game and group games need to account for the various level of player skill.
    I played two days straight. I was level 70 already. I am talking about basic missions, not campaign (dailys). Call me what you want. Being a GWF, I solo everything and was over 2k. I had all the dusk armor and shirt pants 145 waiting for me day one. Also understand I am in the top guild LGPG and they have been playing since beta and gave me all items for lvl 70. You should get the full story before talking trash. Most of you play like an hour or 2. I submerse myself on the weekend. Now I am enjoying the campaigns and Portabello. Keep trolling please. Same two people on here sometimes help but mainly troll people. SMH
  • frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Lol.
    So let me understand something.

You had 145 level gear handed to you on day one.
    Power leveled.
    Then went back thru all the content for the story, which being so over leveled had to be boring as all get out.
    And now are not content, mostly, with the content of the game, saying it was too light and too little to hold your enthusiasm.

I have that pretty much summed up?

Two thoughts.
    So you want back and did all the content?
    Why?
    Why did you go back and do all the content?
    For the story I imagine, right?
    I mean the xp would be worthless.
    So had to be the story.
    Now, while doing the story, did you just see oh, kill 27 rabbits, and then go kill the rabbits, turn in the quest and move on?
    Or did you read why you had to kills the rabbits?
    Did you read what happened after you killed the rabbits and turned in the quest?
    Did you read area lore? Book lore? Etc etc etc?
    Because if how I understand it is correct, I'm not buying it.
    I won't call you a liar. But there is more content to read in this game than would be able to be read in 48 hours when combined with moving around.
    And if you didn't actually read anything, you didn't do it for the story and it had to be boring as all hell.

Other thought.
    You were power leveled to 70 and then super geared out the gate.
    Of course there's no end game for you.
    You have nothing better to work towards.
    It's like turning 18 and being given a house, a nice car, and a billion dollars.
    Of course you're gonna be bored in shirt order.
    The other part of this is being crazy strong.
    Using the killing rabbits bit above.
    It's like going rabbit hunting and instead of your dad giving you a .22 rifle, he hands you a rocket launcher with special bunny homing flechette rockets loaded in it.
    And five minutes later when the forest is nothing but red mist, you shrug and say, well that was boring.

I'll end it here, because I'm sure you'll attack me as you have pretty much everyone else.

But it's real simple

You may have "done" the content, but you have NOT "played" this game.
    You can't go on college and be given all the test answered and expect to actually gain anything from it.

Start a fresh toon.
    No boosters. No help.
    Just what that toon does with its own hands.
    Then, you'll have played the game and be able to critique it and say honestly to yourself whether it was a worthwhile game.

Until then, until then, you haven't played the game.

So you have nothing to say on the matter.

Good day to you sir.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Lol.
    So let me understand something.

You had 145 level gear handed to you on day one.
    Power leveled.
    Then went back thru all the content for the story, which being so over leveled had to be boring as all get out.
    And now are not content, mostly, with the content of the game, saying it was too light and too little to hold your enthusiasm.

I have that pretty much summed up?

Two thoughts.
    So you want back and did all the content?
    Why?
    Why did you go back and do all the content?
    For the story I imagine, right?
    I mean the xp would be worthless.
    So had to be the story.
    Now, while doing the story, did you just see oh, kill 27 rabbits, and then go kill the rabbits, turn in the quest and move on?
    Or did you read why you had to kills the rabbits?
    Did you read what happened after you killed the rabbits and turned in the quest?
    Did you read area lore? Book lore? Etc etc etc?
    Because if how I understand it is correct, I'm not buying it.
    I won't call you a liar. But there is more content to read in this game than would be able to be read in 48 hours when combined with moving around.
    And if you didn't actually read anything, you didn't do it for the story and it had to be boring as all hell.

Other thought.
    You were power leveled to 70 and then super geared out the gate.
    Of course there's no end game for you.
    You have nothing better to work towards.
    It's like turning 18 and being given a house, a nice car, and a billion dollars.
    Of course you're gonna be bored in shirt order.
    The other part of this is being crazy strong.
    Using the killing rabbits bit above.
    It's like going rabbit hunting and instead of your dad giving you a .22 rifle, he hands you a rocket launcher with special bunny homing flechette rockets loaded in it.
    And five minutes later when the forest is nothing but red mist, you shrug and say, well that was boring.

I'll end it here, because I'm sure you'll attack me as you have pretty much everyone else.

But it's real simple

You may have "done" the content, but you have NOT "played" this game.
    You can't go on college and be given all the test answered and expect to actually gain anything from it.

Start a fresh toon.
    No boosters. No help.
    Just what that toon does with its own hands.
    Then, you'll have played the game and be able to critique it and say honestly to yourself whether it was a worthwhile game.

Until then, until then, you haven't played the game.

So you have nothing to say on the matter.

Good day to you sir.

very well said. kudos
  • firosafirosa Member Posts: 83 Arc User

you know that various classes and race combos give you different missions as you level. There is that variety.

Do not forget this is a MMO first and foremost than it is a D&D game. If you enjoyed the D&D game that had various interaction based on changes to class or race, this game really won't have it, because of the fact it is a MMO. Also, why would there be much variation to the game, we are all headed to NW to protect it or claim glory for our selves. Play and enjoy it for what it is worth. It is a free game after all.

D&D was the inspiration of MMO, it was table top pnp rpg >> MUD which follow similar rulesets >> graphical MUD >> MMoRPG.

only difference between and mmo and table top pp rpg is who the dm is. :) infact a lot of people said D&D is the grandaddy of video game rpg/mmorpg.

• firosafirosa Member Posts: 83 Arc User

firosa said:

I've been playing mmo since 2004 with ff11 on ps2 and since wow's launch, game devs have been emulating it with their mmo such as dcuo, ff14 which releases content in large patches and catch up content in small patches. It is also a free to play game, with its recources up in the air based on cash shop buying. The devs need money to make content, most mmo get money with sub fees now with higher production cost mmo get it with mix of sub fee's and cash shop buying. but ya most mmo since wow does this. I mainly play ff14 and it does the same thing, you log on do the same stuff rinse repeat. Same with ff11, you logged on and did the same endgame content, dcuo logged on rinse repeat.

what have you played mmo wise anyway? saying "since eq" doesn't give much info. Anyone could say that.

Since I hadn't played FFXIV in awhile I decided to log in and see if what you said was true and it of course was not.

FFXIV is not free to play as you said above.The game requires to be purchased and it has a monthly subscription.How is that free to play?
    i meant THIS game is free to play so its resorces are up in the air. Never stated ff14 is f2p. My typing suckss so my fault on the misinfo i meant NW is f2p. :)

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I've played the game for about 18 months and have 6 characters, two of them over 3k. I really cannot understand anyone who would power level their character.

Apart from the story and the challenge of facing level 20 enemies when you're level 16 or whatever, you learn a lot about how that particular class works, which is invaluable later on.

I've said numerous times before that people who pay their way to the top rarely stick with the game as there's no challenge. I assume a certain poster above paid his way into his guild with $$ and to me that is a sure sign of someone who will be dissatisfied with the level of challenge as content is matched to gear. If you over-gear for the content then it all becomes pointless.

Also, how can you respect your achievement or progression? There's nothing to respect as there's been no work. You've either bought it or been handed it.

Unfortunately, it's a mind-set thing. If a persons personality is built that way then this really is the wrong type of game for them. The only thing I could suggest is they get into pvp as they may find a certain amount of amusement there.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Sadly, more and more people have that mentality.
    The mentality of wanting an easy button, and then being disappointed when that easy button works too well.
  • terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    There's nothing wrong with throwing $10 per month at the game, to support the game and get vip etc - then mix that up with the hard work of levelling and equipping your character with the AD's that you have grinded for. A small amount of real money helps the devs and in no way at all short cuts the experience.

A little bit of real money is no bad thing for you or the game's future
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I admit to power leveling my second character to 60 - our group was in need of a healer for dungeons. I rolled a pally and they power leveled me to 60. I took her out for the artifacts, and legitimately played 60-70 to gear her up. I have 6 characters... I can't imagine power leveling the rest of them because you don't actually learn HOW TO PLAY THE CHARACTER. Also it's actually fun to play the game.

Except for Spinward rise... I hate spinward rise. I keep eyeing my other characters and telling them I've been through it twice already, they may need to suffer without weapons.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I played two days straight. I was level 70 already. I am talking about basic missions, not campaign (dailys). Call me what you want. Being a GWF, I solo everything and was over 2k. I had all the dusk armor and shirt pants 145 waiting for me day one. Also understand I am in the top guild LGPG and they have been playing since beta and gave me all items for lvl 70. You should get the full story before talking trash. Most of you play like an hour or 2. I submerse myself on the weekend. Now I am enjoying the campaigns and Portabello. Keep trolling please. Same two people on here sometimes help but mainly troll people. SMH

I understand everyone has there own way of playing MMOs. I enjoy the grind and earning gear the normal way and try my best to complete content at level, it makes for a more challenging and awarding game IMO. Power leveling and than going back does nothing IMO other than remove the icons above the quest givers head and the XP awards are minimal for level 1-60 content when you go back when you are level 70.

As for soloing content, most of the game content that is not a heroic encounter or a dungeon is designed for you to solo. Not sure why you needed to point that out or your IL. Both of those are not critical to the point I was making about level 1-60 mission taking more than 2 days. I'm sticking to what I know and that 2 days of pure grinding out more than likely will not result in completion of all level 1-60 quest.

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

I've played the game for about 18 months and have 6 characters, two of them over 3k. I really cannot understand anyone who would power level their character.

Apart from the story and the challenge of facing level 20 enemies when you're level 16 or whatever, you learn a lot about how that particular class works, which is invaluable later on.

I've said numerous times before that people who pay their way to the top rarely stick with the game as there's no challenge. I assume a certain poster above paid his way into his guild with $$ and to me that is a sure sign of someone who will be dissatisfied with the level of challenge as content is matched to gear. If you over-gear for the content then it all becomes pointless.

Also, how can you respect your achievement or progression? There's nothing to respect as there's been no work. You've either bought it or been handed it.

Unfortunately, it's a mind-set thing. If a persons personality is built that way then this really is the wrong type of game for them. The only thing I could suggest is they get into pvp as they may find a certain amount of amusement there.

I agree with your thoughts 100%. If you play your character from level 1-70 and do all missions you learn things and start to see and understand mechanics. Each class dodge ability works differently and if you don't work with it often and simply power level you won't understand how to use it effectively at end game. Than again, most of the game strong attacks at level barely damage us. Maybe all strong attacks from level 1-60 should be 50% health removers. Maybe that would improve players awareness at end game.

Or maybe those that don't avoid the red are those that were powered level.

I understand everyone has there own way of playing MMOs. I enjoy the grind and earning gear the normal way and try my best to complete content at level, it makes for a more challenging and awarding game IMO. Power leveling and than going back does nothing IMO other than remove the icons above the quest givers head and the XP awards are minimal for level 1-60 content when you go back when you are level 70.

As for soloing content, most of the game content that is not a heroic encounter or a dungeon is designed for you to solo. Not sure why you needed to point that out or your IL. Both of those are not critical to the point I was making about level 1-60 mission taking more than 2 days. I'm sticking to what I know and that 2 days of pure grinding out more than likely will not result in completion of all level 1-60 quest.

I do agree with you though, I wish I would have taken it slow. The post above this is usually how I roll. I got side tracked by accidentally going into the stronghold and running around and killed an enemy. I saw the exp and it was hard to resist. I did fail myself in trying to enjoy the game. But I really am having fun now doing the campaigns. At least I am not on over 8 hrs like before. I do my dailys run DF kill all 4 dragons and then do some dungeons with guildies and friends. Now to start making the big AD!
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    LOL that happened to me too - we got our guild stronghold and ran in there to see what it was all about, we went from level 15-30 super fast and realized what was happening. Most of us left to continue to campaign with the mental note of, when I'm running my 3rd or 4th character this may be the way to go. Even still, I prefer to actually run the game.

I took my shiny new SW into the guild, joined up with a group to trade some things and then fell asleep with my character standing at the fire. I woke up and he was level 54... I now have a lv 54 SW that I have NO IDEA how to play. He might get deleted and restarted.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

ravenskya said:

LOL that happened to me too - we got our guild stronghold and ran in there to see what it was all about, we went from level 15-30 super fast and realized what was happening. Most of us left to continue to campaign with the mental note of, when I'm running my 3rd or 4th character this may be the way to go. Even still, I prefer to actually run the game.

I took my shiny new SW into the guild, joined up with a group to trade some things and then fell asleep with my character standing at the fire. I woke up and he was level 54... I now have a lv 54 SW that I have NO IDEA how to play. He might get deleted and restarted.

That is awesome rofl! I have had a few of those moments. I am playing in Sharandar, fall asleep and run off the cliff. But getting to lvl 54 no effort is sweet!