test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lonelywood quest "Militia Trainee"

rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
I cannot undestand how this quest works. The mission fails randomly, but don't know why.
Advices?

Oltreverso guild leader
Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF

Comments

• misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    It fails if you let the trainee die, so don't just run to the points. Take it slow and go round enemies unless you can kill them quickly.

There's also been some timing problems today (ddos?) so that your trainee might have been killed even if you didn't see it.

• hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Not sure it's entirely due to the trainee dying. I tried this quest over ten times and still have not completed it. On one occasion it failed about ten paces from the place where you pick up the trainee, so no mobs there to kill it. Another time I religeously followed the main road and that failed also, no mobs in sight.

I'm in no rush to complete the campaign, so I have no problem with never picking this HAMSTER of a quest up again.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    kalindra said:

It's bugged!

Absolutely no question about that one. Too many people are having random fails for it to be anything else.
    kalindra said:

...or wait until tomorrow and do another one instead.

I think that is the best option unless you really, really enjoy banging your head against the wall of course >:)

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Took 4 tries, but finally worked. I did it by just running as fast as I could to all the points and not stopping for any reason, even to look at the map for the next point. I just ran in the general direction until I picked up the fairy trail to the next location.

Some testing seemed to indicate that it would fail if someone picked up a trainee soon after you do, but I doubt that's the whole story. Aggro isn't the problem either, but stopping seems to be. Also, seems the trainee gets stuck sometimes, which will fail it. Running as fast as possible is best - the trainer will warp to you so less chance of pathfinding issues that way.

It's possible it sometimes warps into terrain... Not sure on that. All I can say is that I did it by mounting up an taking off as fast as I could to each point.
  • ethandwethandw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Thanks Kvet, it worked!!!
    I had tried dozens of time until i got your tip.
    I basically switched to the smallest instance and rode as fast as I could with a pay to win mount.
    I never stopped until I got to a point, and even then - only until I saw the glowing path to the next spot.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    I've heard said it's very buggy and fails for everybody in the instance if anybody's trainee dies. Also that people were griefing it.

I succeeded at a time the server wasn't busy on one character and found it impossible when it was on another. Many of my guild failed 20+ times and gave up before headbutting their monitor occurred.
  • sonofrobsonofrob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    I've tried going fast, slow, CW, CCW. I've tried changing instances. Nothing seems to work.
    SonOfRob
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    There are actually two bugs, it seems. The first that randomly makes the quest fail and the second that causes the trainee not respawn for anybody in the instance.
  • sonofrobsonofrob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    I've experienced both. This quest was easy on preview. It just is not working on live.
    SonOfRob
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    The quest fails for you if someone else in the same instance fails - that's why you get random fails. The dev's need to untie it from the instance, so each individual/party is in charge of it's own success.

@strumslinger - another of the many threads of Training Day.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I tried a few times. Gave up after I got "failed" two seconds after talking to the recruit.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    sonofrob said:

I've tried going fast, slow, CW, CCW. I've tried changing instances. Nothing seems to work.

Same here. Tried use the mount, not use the mount. Wait for the trainee. Not wait for the trainee. The trainee did not even have a choice to be attacked before it "failed". Tried rush to the spot. It failed in the mid way.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    This shouldn't be that difficult to complete but it is proving a bit frustrating. Hopefully, the devs will fix it soon.
    I aim to misbehave
  • commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone,

We're aware of the issue (and experienced it ourselves over the weekend!). I'm looking into the solution now.
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

Hi everyone,

We're aware of the issue (and experienced it ourselves over the weekend!). I'm looking into the solution now.

Any chance for a hotfix that allows people to have their daily advancement without having to go through the quest?

I noticed today that my dailies let me do 2 from Bryn and 1 from Lonelywood. If that was every day, it'd be rather convenient.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    desisti said:

this is a more or less game breaking bug, I know people who gave up after more than few hours of trying thus not completing 3 daily quests and not progressing in a campaign

You might be a tiny bit overreacting. In my opinion it certainly is not a game breaking bug if you have access to the FBI on Sept. 10th instead of Sept 8th.
    Nevertheless I agree that the problem should be fixed rather sooner than later. And not just be looked into or looked at but really FIXED with skill, determination and professional attitude.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer
    Hi guys,

The fix for this should be going live in our patch on 8/25. If it isn't, I'll give you all an update.
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
  • wizrd1234wizrd1234 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    God I hope this gets fixed tonight
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    desisti said:

Hi guys,

The fix for this should(??!?) be going live in our patch on 8/25. If it isn't, I'll give you all an update. (?!?)

What this supposed to mean? Is it fixed or is it "fixed" like PoM for example. -.-
    Poor, poor, PoM. It was at least functional as it originally was. Then they "fixed" it to death over and over. It's poor, mangled corpse is too horrifying to even glance at, now.