test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The new Small HE's don't seem to be worth doing

empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
30 vonin and a rank 5? Is there even a possibility of getting something else? Don't seem to be worth doing at all so am wondering what the point of them even are?

Comments

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Once the huge wave or people clears the area, those small HEs will be useful for blood.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    It ain't blood :p and no, you can't clear an area, they respawn instantly.
    FrozenFire
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    Yeah, respawns happen too fast in the new areas.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • raydrootraydroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 110 Arc User
    You're better off running HE's w/ a group.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    I think he meant when the herd of players move to the next zone.
  • archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    The small HE's will never be worth doing with the rewards set at the level they are set. In the amount of time it would take you to do one (a short period of time, even for 1 character) you could gather 3 or more relics. Even if you only got common quality relics you would get more blood from them for your time.

Seeing as how you only need 4 or 5 (competent)people to do the large HE's the small HE's might as well not exist.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• venuslightheartvenuslightheart Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    Small HE follow the same pattern as IWD, DV and WoD. Eventually, it will die out significantly.

WoD - Small HE - For a Thwarting Quest - Super HE - Dead
    IWD - There used to be Zerg Runs. You might find a few players do some of the Smaller HEs. Super HE is dead. Only exception is Gigantic HE-Remonadaz might have large group complete it once a day.
    DV - You might find a few players do some of the Smaller HEs. Super HE is dead. Only exception is Gigantic HE-Eye of Beholder might have large group complete it once a day.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

Small HE follow the same pattern as IWD, DV and WoD. Eventually, it will die out significantly.

WoD - Small HE - For a Thwarting Quest - Super HE - Dead
    IWD - There used to be Zerg Runs. You might find a few players do some of the Smaller HEs. Super HE is dead. Only exception is Gigantic HE-Remonadaz might have large group complete it once a day.
    DV - You might find a few players do some of the Smaller HEs. Super HE is dead. Only exception is Gigantic HE-Eye of Beholder might have large group complete it once a day.

That's because there's no reason to run those anymore except maybe for quests. There just ain't enough people in those zones to run a major one anymore. And people typically find a minor one, and finish off their quests. No reason to run in SKT, once the people gear up and finish the campaign, it'll just stop.
    FrozenFire
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

That's because there's no reason to run those anymore except maybe for quests. There just ain't enough people in those zones to run a major one anymore. And people typically find a minor one, and finish off their quests. No reason to run in SKT, once the people gear up and finish the campaign, it'll just stop.

Thats basically my point...there is no reason at all to run the small HE's since they aren't tied to a quest...one other thing that makes no sense is you only have like 7 minutes in the ones in Bryn...but in lonelywood I tried a small HE and it was 15 minutes and much easier to finish.(Solo took me about 4 minutes) So I'm left scratching my head why they even implemented the small ones.
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    I do medium sized HE's in IWP and DV for transmutes. So not dead. In IWP you get the Elk Tribe transmute and in DV the Hammerston one. Rare drops of course.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    vida44 said:

I do medium sized HE's in IWP and DV for transmutes. So not dead. In IWP you get the Elk Tribe transmute and in DV the Hammerston one. Rare drops of course.

Hammerstone armor sets are available from the maze engine. The only reason are the weapon skins, I guess, assuming those aren't in the maze packs. But the elk one isn't even tradable, so only the very small number of people who want that skin would bother.
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    The only reason are the weapon skins, I guess, assuming those aren't in the maze packs.

They're there but on a seperate tab.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
  • venuslightheartvenuslightheart Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    They should up the reward for all these Small, Medium and Super HEs. Drop Rank 7 or 8 Enchantments, higher refine gem stones (black opals, flawless sapphire and chance for red ruby), older companions.
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    I love my Elk Axe :) the only bummer is when I get the Sword Knot. What a waste of bag space -.- And I would have to check if Elk stuff is in the new (for old) store. Can't say that I've seen it on my first glance.

It would've been nice if they'd put some unique Transmutes to drop in the HE's. But that would involve having a team that can actually design some new gear. In the last couple of Modules we are only gettting rehashed stuff.
  • jaysun1977jaysun1977 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    Well, they can drop Lanolin.