test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wonders of Gond returns.

luigipr31luigipr31 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
Hi! I just want to give a good advice for the Wonders of Gond event.
This weekend we have the Wonders of Gond event and in two week we have the 2xRP (if they don't change it or cancel at the last minute)
The cogs, sprocket,etc are refinement "stuff". So if you hoard wait for the 2xRP you can get twice the points needed to get the doohickey (or maybe two doohickeys instead of one) also this works with the wondrous blueprint. The only caveat would be that you have to wait to the next Wonders of Gond event to exchange it but it could be worth. What everyone thinks?

Comments

• Options
    I just reread the Wonders of Gond page and this just happened to pop up:
    "Running out of time or just need that one last refinement boost to get you the Apparatus of Gond Mount? During the event players will be able to purchase the Blueprint from the Zen Market, which can then be used to receive 4,000 event refinement points.(Note: this item can only be used to gain refinement points for the event items)"

@strumslinger This means that after I bought it and didnt use it I cant use it till next WoG?
  • Options
    blizzardpenguin#4023 blizzardpenguin Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    The Blueprint can only be used to upgrade event items, such as cogs, sprockets, etc. The Blueprint cant be used to upgrade things like artifacts, artifact equipment, enchantments, runestones, etc
  • Options

The Blueprint can only be used to upgrade event items, such as cogs, sprockets, etc. The Blueprint cant be used to upgrade things like artifacts, artifact equipment, enchantments, runestones, etc

thanks.... B)
  • Options
    tyrantking1973tyrantking1973 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    So I created a doohickey and then traded it in for a Creations of wonder pack, what does a high chance equate too? Am I
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    I turned in 10 I had from last time (used the double RP method in OP) and received one mount pack, 1 blacksmith and 8 worthless profession packs/insignias/RP items. So, small sample, but 1 out of 10 for me, which is higher than the usual 1 in a thousand or ten thousand odds, but it might have been better to just sell the Doohickies.
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    If you are refining solo do as much as you can then put it into your bank and finish it off on the next iteration of the event.

no need to buy items from zen market.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    zephyriah said:

I turned in 10 I had from last time (used the double RP method in OP) and received one mount pack, 1 blacksmith and 8 worthless profession packs/insignias/RP items. So, small sample, but 1 out of 10 for me, which is higher than the usual 1 in a thousand or ten thousand odds, but it might have been better to just sell the Doohickies.

"This pack contains a high chance..." It's a sad world when that result is considered a "high" chance to get a choice of mount...

What can you say, Neverwinter rng :(
  • Options
    kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Ive turned in 4 over these events and never got anything. I found you can make more AD from selling the higher items and then buy the mount if you want it. Theres your best guarantee.
  • Options
    pallmor#4634 pallmor Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

Holy cow, how did you get ten Doohickeys? I farmed all morning and didn't even get one to Wondrous Gizmo. At the drop rate (looks to be about 1 drop out of 4 or 5 mobs for me), it must take tens of thousands of mobs to get to Doohickey.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

zephyriah said:

Holy cow, how did you get ten Doohickeys? I farmed all morning and didn't even get one to Wondrous Gizmo. At the drop rate (looks to be about 1 drop out of 4 or 5 mobs for me), it must take tens of thousands of mobs to get to Doohickey.
    I'm not crazy enough to try to farm sprockets from mobs. That is too inefficient.

Started crafting runs for wood and ore as soon as event is announced on multiple characters (sell any surplus for easy AD during event), then run the crafting tasks to make the gears etc for four full days of event on multiple characters, store items until next double RP, craft doohickies and hold until next event to turn-in.
  • Options
    thedramacusthedramacus Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    I had a doohickey I got* from the winterfestival. Was using it just for looks on a character. I traded it in and won the mount first try. So Im goint to make the illogical claim that seasoning your doohickies increases your chances.
    Dramacus 3.1 SW, Raven 2.9 HR, Aurora Shadowbain 2.7 GF, Mirduatas Vras 2.5 DC
    Si Vis Pacem 2.5 DC, Jade Shadowbain 2.4 CW, Para Bellum 1.5 GWF, President Not Sure lvl 69 OP
    Faith Shadowbain lvl 69 DC, Toof Fairy lvl 68 GWF, Arnie Shadowbain lvl 63 GF

Your Credit Card Has Been Declined
  • Options
    spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Turned mine in and got a black ice profession pack. I am never doing this event again. Ever.
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

I had a doohickey I got* from the winterfestival. Was using it just for looks on a character. I traded it in and won the mount first try. So Im goint to make the illogical claim that seasoning your doohickies increases your chances.

"seasoning your doohickies" eh?
    You know that every time someone makes a comment on this event some man-child dev at Cryptic sniggers like Beevis.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I have made a few Doohickies in my time of playing... they are worth loads so I always sold them... made a few million AD so happy with that :)

I have not really bothered this time around, have loads of bits in my bag to Refine and will wait for double RP before using them.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I am afraid to trade mine in, I am so going to end up with pres wards...
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    Anyone knowhow much refinement it takes to get a doohickey?
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    island3risland3r Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Ive worked my butt off the entire time and got <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for my efforts........HUGE waste of time. ON aother note they really need more direction for quests
  • Options
    pr3stigex said:

Anyone knowhow much refinement it takes to get a doohickey?

Hi Pr3stigex the neverwinter wiki is awesome and have all that in detail. Ill give you the link: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Wonders_of_Gond#Refinement

• Options
    mrroofer#2455 mrroofer Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    I made 6 doohickeys turned in one got <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> naturally sold the rest for some good ad could have made alot more ad but 2 of the 3rd party sales people all weekend kept driving the price way down. Same 2 people would undercut the lowest bid by 20k over and over till it went from over half a million to to 370k