test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

On triple stats enchantments, and what we could do to let them have a place

damoc#3687 damoc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
Greetings everyone.

3 stats enchantements have been lackluster for a while.
With mod 10, they got a little boost and a new one appeared (Gigantic) but even so, they still aren't up to stuff (in my opinion but I'm not the only one)

I did some number crunching and came to the following conclusion:
With the premise of 7 r12 enchants, only the gigantic with armpen as secondary stat may have some interest over a double or single stat enchantment.

The problems on the triple stats enchants are mainly twofold

1. The stat split isn't very interesting

On single stat enchants, 100% of the stat capital is given to one stat (well duh it's a single stat enchant)
On double stat enchants, the enchant give 60% of a single stat enchant to each stat
on triple; the first stat get 65-66% of a single stat and both other stats get 32-33%

This means that the triple stat enchant is only marginaly better thant a double stat on the primary stat but far worse on the secondary and the 3-stat enchant is far from a 1-stat enchant on the primay stat.

It leaves the 3-stat enchant with no real place. If the stat split was something mor like 80% of a 1-stat on primary and 30% on secondary it would give them a true place. it would mean a 560/210/210 split on r12

2. The stat choice is very poor

With 4 different stats, if we pick a primary and 2 secondary, it means 12 different combinations. Today we have 1/3rd of that with no possibility to match 2 of them to have something like:
Primary A - secondary B - tertiary C on the first
Primary B - secondary A - tertiary C on the second

If we could make such a pairing, while taking my previous proposition into acount:
1-stat A + 1-stat B -> 100% A + 100%B with 0% C
2-stat A/B + 2-stat A/B -> 120% A + 120% B with 0% C
3-stat A/B-C + 3-stat B/A-C -> 110% A +110% B + 60% C

If we could have the options of such pairings with the stat distribution I mentioned in my first point, then it would be interesting.
Until then, this enchants will stay at the bottom of the bags or used for refining purpose since they don't have any other real interest.

Comments

• zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I think the bigger issue is that it isn't worth it to focus on three stats simultaneously. You basically only want to crank out two stats, depending on your build. The gains from all other stats are too small and marginal to make sacrificing from the two main stats worth it.

Although, really, I don't consider this an actual issue. The game seems pretty much designed around "have one or two major stats, rest are icing on the cake", from gear to enchants to feats.