Options

maintenance in the evening?

pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
Can't log in, says maintenance 6-8pm pacific. :(
Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.

Comments

• Options
    asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Yea, they are doing another maintenance. Rumor has it, yes just a rumor, that the 2X AD is getting taken off the calendar. But that is prob just a rumor from people who like to see the playerbase rage. Another rumor is that they are applying the next patch for Xbox now, the one that FIXES the SW, which I hope this is the case.
  • Options
    d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Yep, got home from the gym and was forcefully removed from daily Dread Ring. Message says 6:15PM-8:00PM with no previous announcement found on here, the arcgames site, or Twitter...

I could have rescheduled my gym time. Ah well, it's beer time now! :)

Edit: Ahh, emergency maintenance http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1220540/emergency-maintenance-8-16
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Well I guess I am done for the night, will lose out on a lot of exp.
  • Options
    d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @asjohnson#4476 I strongly doubt emergency fixes due to unforseen circumstances revolve around 2x AD events, gameplay bugs, or class balance.

It's most likely due to an exploit leading to loss of revenue.
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

@asjohnson#4476 I strongly doubt emergency fixes due to unforseen circumstances revolve around 2x AD events, gameplay bugs, or class balance.

I think he posted that just be for the notice was put up.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

You nailed it. They don't fix anything in a rush unless its costing them cash.
  • Options
    juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Ha i know it we will now all get the Free Neverember's Warm Welcome Bundle that they removed so quick. Its intresting how quick the can react i som cases that affects them. But the fix of player problems take ages.
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • Options
    jerichodsm#4229 jerichodsm Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Twice in one day...they take down the shard....It seems unfair. I lose out on treasure and experience because they can't get it right when they shut down the game in the morning and do their maintenance. In the middle of a dungeon quest and get nothing for it. Just sucks and
    I should be allowed to vent. Having said that....I want my Neverwinter game time....I could start having withdrawals. It's hard to be a drow ranger in this world....I tried to pay for Domino's with some astral diamonds.......they want cash or credit.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

Ha i know it we will now all get the Free Neverember's Warm Welcome Bundle that they removed so quick. Its intresting how quick the can react i som cases that affects them. But the fix of player problems take ages.

Do you really think they would perform an emergency maintenance to give the players something?

Are you new to the wonderful world of Neverwinter?
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Do you really think they would perform an emergency maintenance to give the players something?

Yes, yes I do. Every maintenance they find a new way to give us all a little more pain, mixed with some salty tears and red hot rage. And we get all of this...FOR FREE! Thank you Neverwinter. As usual, I have underestimated you and been shown that you can indeed sink lower and lower.
  • Options

Yes, yes I do. Every maintenance they find a new way to give us all a little more pain, mixed with some salty tears and red hot rage. And we get all of this...FOR FREE! Thank you Neverwinter. As usual, I have underestimated you and been shown that you can indeed sink lower and lower.
    I stand corrected, you sir, win a cookie...
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    I'm still really curious as to what they had to fix with such haste.
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    dratomic1#3275 dratomic1 Member Posts: 66 Arc User

d4rkh0rs3 said:

You nailed it. They don't fix anything in a rush unless its costing them cash.
    Cryptic and Arc have personnel, from the cafeteria lady to the ceo they all have paychecks which they use to provide for their families. Then there are investors and shareholders that provided the capital in order for these companies to be able to create the product in the first place, by doing so they took a risk, the product needs a return on the investment made so they can make further investments in other products/businesses and cover other failed investments.

If exploits are found they need to be dealt with immediately as protection towards both the companies and the players. Simply put if the company is unable to pay it's investors and personnel then the players will need to field that money or they game will cease to exist.

The risk of an exploit is far greater for the future of the game then the trickle of players leaving due to bugs. That doesn't mean bugs should be left unattended indefinitely as a lot of them seem to be. Ideally they would employ a dedicated bug squasher-dev (we shall name him mosquito hunter).

Also a lot of the class re-balancing work that is being done is actually in a major part, bug squashing. They cannot and will not ever be able to fix all the bugs instantly.

Then there is the keeping the current players interested, this requires new content, which requires all the development time available. If they would scratch new content for one cycle and replace it with an all bug fixes release then the result would be 4 months without new content. 4 months without new content would cause an exodus.
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    @dratomic1

They create their own mass exodus from players with tactics other than not releasing content. :P

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    The server is unavailable at this time...

No professions for me then...
  • Options
    rrymanrryman Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Server NwXbone down Third time this week?
  • Options
    Just turned on again, I think someone might have slipped when pulling the PC server?
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I heard there was a bug in the price of key packs, but IDK for sure.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies