test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Shadow Slip Mechanic

stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
edited August 2016 in The Nine Hells
The patch notes for the classes seem to have some redundancy - they have duplicates detailing what they changed over the course of the re-balancing effort and not eliminating what is no longer true. The below, to me, seem to be one of those. Can someone (perhaps a dev) tell me what one of these is true?

Shadow Slip
  • Now provides damage immunity for 1 second after activation, and loses 20% damage resistance per second while it is active, down to a minimum of 40% (this timer persist through rapid reapplications).
  • Now starts off granting 60% damage resistance when activated. This value then decreases by 5% every 0.5s, down to a minimum of 40%. This value is maintained between rapid reapplications.
Post edited by stpensive on

Comments

• Options
    d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Agreed. Now that amenar is gone, this could be one of those track changes that simply did not get cleansed.

My thought is to reference the former and disregard the latter. Either way, it will have to be tested to confirm.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @d4rkh0rs3 , thanks. It's still a ways away for me (Xbox) but I would really like to know. I pray it is indeed the former (1 second of immunity); really tired of being a dunk magnet in PVP...
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    stpensive said:

The patch notes for the classes seem to have some redundancy - seemingly, that they have duplicates detailing what they changed over the course of the re-balancing effort and not eliminating what is no longer true. The below, to me, seem to be one of those. Can someone (perhaps a dev) tell me what one of these is true?

Shadow Slip

• Now provides damage immunity for 1 second after activation, and loses 20% damage resistance per second while it is active, down to a minimum of 40% (this timer persist through rapid reapplications).
    • Now starts off granting 60% damage resistance when activated. This value then decreases by 5% every 0.5s, down to a minimum of 40%. This value is maintained between rapid reapplications.
    This new shadow slip makes warlock overpowered.. It need to be nerft.<<<< :P
    At least thats what I usually hear from other class players..
    1s immunity, how long it last? U hit shift> pc start render/load shadow slip and its already gone.
    I jumped from cllifs/ stronghold roof, to check do it work? And from 25 jumps. There where 0 immunity. Because in order utilize this immunity I had to hit shift button right before my warlocks skin< reach ground. So its chance like 0.5%.
    But obviously SW haters will complain about current warlocks "overpowered Dodge" mechanic. And I can bet, in not distance future it will be adjusted, O how we simply call it >nerft<.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    @bloodyspamer Thanks for the feedback but I am not sure jumping off buildings is the test that would prove that it is the former and not the latter. A PVP test, using it to avoid a dunk, is really was what I was hoping to see.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    stpensive said:

@bloodyspamer Thanks for the feedback but I am not sure jumping off buildings is the test that would prove that it is the former and not the latter. A PVP test, using it to avoid a dunk, is really was what I was hoping to see.

This new shadow slip suppose to give 1s immunity. Thats mean regardless what kind damage you get, monster/player or environment. 1s immunity means negate any incoming damage 1s. When CW use teleport right before it hit ground, he negate damage with his 1s immunity frame.
    DC which I used for testings too same as CW, before you hit ground use dodge and u negate damage. Warlock didn't.
    As for jumping from cliffs, it was most easiest way to test chances to enable 1s immunity. And proved that in order "utilize" this 1s immunity you must be extreme lucky. During fight against wondering single giant in new hunting areas. I used shadow slip a lot. And there where 0 immunity.. So no matter if u jump from cliff, or monster hit you, or even blind TR by mistake casted SE u will not negate any damage.. :) Because chance is less than 0.5%
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Sounds like a bug to me, so another unsolved and not proper implented ability
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @schietindebux indeed and would again have the SW as a campfire greeter in PVP.

Of all the changes I was looking forward to for the SW, it was this one that mattered most to me. With Amenar now gone, guess it will just stay HAMSTER. God damn it man...
  • Options
    whyratwhyrat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    CW teleport and DC dodge give immunity frames; but the save from fall damage is due to the z-axis speed being reset. After a teleport you fall again, starting from the new height; which if it's close to the ground then results in no damage.

I can say shadow walk speed becomes addictive. With rank 4 and gladitaor's guile insignia bonus you zip along at normal walk speed. Then shadow slip makes the world fly by (still waiting to setup a proper race, but it feels faster than 140% mount speed... for ~5 sec until you run out of stam). For eDemo getting to tears it can't be beat. Except then the mobs spawn on top of you and your BoVA still needs to be activated :(