test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Prism Question

carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
Does Prism benefit from our sources of outgoing healing, particularly feat points invested in seraphim. Just gon and used sybella respec to clean up my build which naturally as a result of higgledy piggledy leveling pics was a bit messy in places. Just not sure what to do with the last 5 points, (for reference choices are:

Red Path/Justice: Swift Flash, Furious Reversal, Stem the Tide

Blue/Bulwark: Holly Resurgence, Unflinching Resolve

Green/Light: Gifts of Light, Seraphim

ATM it's a toss up between Seraphim and Unflinching Resolve. Control Resistance is frankly ace a lot of the time, but i suspect if Seraphim applies to prism groups might like that more :). But i'm not sure if prism works with it...
Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin

Comments

• Options
    algaefreealgaefree Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Need more info are you a dev or prot paladin?
  • Options
    Prot sorry.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

• Options
    So anybody know the answer or is this somthing the community has never bothered to find out.

• Options
    algaefreealgaefree Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Get prism you won't be sorry
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    i have asked similar questions before, my main concern is does healing from Prism work with Light Touched. i never got an answer, i speced in to it anyway. i do "believe" that Prism acts as a typical healing spell because it procs burning guidance. so, unless something is just wonky with a specific power then i operate under the assumption that Prism will proc anything that is supposed to work with any other healing spell, until someone points out otherwise.

my opinions for your choices:

i ran with both of those feats in bulwark for my very first build, and i did not see much benefit. i don't really need the extra stamina regen, and the control resist didn't seem to help much. if you do other things to boost control resist, it may add up.

i always take swift flash anyway because i'm not sure how much benefit bound by light will give unless you pvp. what does it do for us primarily, extend our stuns? furious reversal is interesting to me for my specific build which relies on life steal, but it can only proc once very 60 seconds. stem the tide seems meh.

i bet seraphim works with prism, but i took gifts of light over that.

if someone has access to preview, i think it would be easy to see if seraphim works with prism.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    Get prism you won't be sorry

I have prism, but i have 5 points left over and wanted to know if the first tier feats in the light path boost it's healing....

if someone has access to preview, i think it would be easy to see if seraphim works with prism.

You should be able to get on preview, unfortunately prism dosen;t report any numbers unless it actually heals somthing, so it's a complete PAIN to test. As in i couldn't manage it. Still thanks for the opinion and info, if it procs other heal related stuff it should work :).

As far as the others, i avoided the run speed buff on purpose, i find sudden unexpected changes in movement characteristics tend to throw me and i don't compensate right and overmove and stuff, probably my 130-150ms average ping at play there :(.

of the rest only the heal and control resist looked good, with control resist it's not that it's super powerful, but it does help at least a little when mobs are spamming CC at you as many lategame mobs do, if you get it up via other ways it's a lot less valuable, (and a slyph is on my shopping list to do just that :)).