test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Returning user questions

slinkyalslinkyal Member Posts: 33 Arc User
edited August 2016 in The Foundry
Hello.

I played this game in 2013, I published a quest and had a level 60 character. I had issues with the game that caused me to leave.

My brother began playing this game recently, first on a console, now on a computer. I wanted to come back to the game and was willing to deal with my past issues to be able to play alongside my brother. Now my girlfriend is playing too.

I naturally went back to working in the foundry.

My quest had been un-published and I could understand that, too many traps too close together, but the foundry was working

I developed grand plans to bring my vision to life.

But I quickly developed new and worsening issues.

First issue, the only thing added to the foundry is bugs. Things that worked in 2013 no longer do (the Dialog editor's Enable When / Disable When buttons for instance). I could accept that old bugs had not been addressed (teleporters not working in the toolset game play for instance), but adding new one's that have also apparently gone unaddressed for over a year? This seemed bad,

Second, and far more distressing, issue. While looking into the foundry in preparation for my grand designs, I stumbled across news that periods of time had gone by when the foundry had been unavailable in the game. Boy, was I glad I had missed those times! Apparently people found ways to exploit the system, instead of coding a solution, AD rewards for foundry quests were removed from the game. This seemed bad.

Third issue, even more distressing! I just found out in all likelihood, the foundry will become unavailable (to play or work) upon the release of mod 10. Best estimation I could get regarding this downtime's length, 2 weeks to 3 months. This seems bad.

Fourth, most distressing of all!!! While trying to find a definitive answer regarding the foundry's status, I now discover the very future of the foundry's existence is in question. All mention of UGC has been removed from the developers website. This seems REALLY bad.

Fifth issue, hardly surprising. All the news of the foundry's downtime, all the speculation about its future, is all unofficial. Unless I overlooked it, I could find no official announcements regarding the foundry or its future. This seems typically bad.

On to my questions.

1.) Will the foundry become unavailable when mod 10 is released?

2.) If so, how long will it be unavailable?

3.) Does the company plan to phase out the foundry?

These are simple questions which could be answered in 25 words or less, if you are feeling verbose. What I am really asking is this, can I PLAN on the foundry? Is the future of UGC secure or am I clinging to the past? Who am I to think I DESERVE an answer? I don't, but I would really like one, an official one, to set my mind at ease.

This is not the only MMO to be releasing an expansion this August, but it is the only one with a toolset.

I want to love this game. I want the legacy of Neverwinter Nights to thrive. I need you to help, but if you can't, please be forthright.
Play "Deed to My Soul" NW-DH713QG92

Comments

• Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    1.) Will the foundry become unavailable when mod 10 is released? 99.9% sure.

2.) If so, how long will it be unavailable? They don't even know and they don't even care much either.

3.) Does the company plan to phase out the foundry? Absolutely yes, but they don't dare to do it.

They even allow and it seems that they even encourage to exploit the foundry with "fast review quests..."

Did you ever see those pictures of mistreated animals? Well that's the picture of the foundry.
    Post edited by valcontar73 on
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    slinkyalslinkyal Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    FALLOUT FOR the ugc comity will be harsh.
    CREATION KIT is something needed more in games.

Thanks for your feedback guys, it is far from reassuring.

Sad to see such poor relations between the developers and the community. I know there will be no official response to the original post. They will not support the community that made previous titles in the franchise a success, user generated content. I accept no excuses, they knew what was important and they could not figure out a way to monetize it, so they abandoned it. Disgusting.
    Post edited by slinkyal on
    Play "Deed to My Soul" NW-DH713QG92