test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Handy Little Excel Sheet

carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
edited August 2016 in The Militia Barracks
I'm sure others have done stuff like this before, and probably better than I can, but i put together a little spreadsheet to help give myself some idea of how changing X stat would affect things. Figured i'd share it. Whilst the sheet is annotated here's the basics. Anything in orange is an input value relating to a feat or a skill, or your current base values. You either need to indicate the number of ranks or if you have it, (the later is a 0 if you don;t, a 1 if you do), it assumes by default that both Battle Fury and Hidden Daggers are slotted, it has a true/false flag for daring shout. For your current base values input both your total resistance ignored from your character sheet and your armour pen rating, this is due to how i've had to handle armour pens non-linear scaling. The blue with White text is your outputs.

The output isn't your actual DPS, thats a bit beyond me for a simple excel sheet, but it will output a purely pie in the sky number that will increase or decrease based on your inputs and should roughly speaking show which of the stats you can get the most increase out of. Just bear in mind the limitations.

Namely it assumes constant uptime on Weapons Master, (just enter a skill rank of 0 if you have not got this slotted), and Destroyer, and Destroyers purpose. If those aren't true then it will be off, i also can't determine and thus factor in unstoppable uptime, and for obvious reasons, the higher your damage climbs, the higher your uptime and the more DPS boost it gives. Feated Savage advance also assumes 100% uptime, which depending on recovery may not be true. Finally because it doesn't attempt to seperate out at will from encounter damage, (just gives you a single flat number), so recovery beyond that required to get battle fury and hidden daggers to 100% uptime is not improving your DPS. Again this is nearly impossible for me to calculate.

That said, the higher the number the better your DPS will be and giving an exact number to the increase isn't the sheets point, it's a way to mess with your builds numbers and see what provides the bigger increase to your output. But it is a guideline, not a perfect answer to everything the universe and the meaning of life itself.

The values already inputted are my fresh to 70 GWF i just finished leveling. Feel free to point and laugh at how bad they are p.

P.S if you have battle fury feated the 50% cooldown reduction for that will be listed in your character panel, remember to take that off before inputting your recovery %, annoy little display bug, grrrr.

EDIT: Updated to a new version, has support for additional sources of resistance debuff, setting daring shout feat on or off, and crit severity modifers. Input your base build numbers on the BASE BUILD sheet and any changes you wish to see the effects of on the MODIFIED BUILD sheet. Note that resistance debuff numbers should be positive if they reduce enemy defences and negetive if your removing such a source. Also note that the Booleon values on the Modified sheet are used for the modified build math, so if you have Battle Fury feated for example in both the base and modified build, both the base and modified build sheets must have their respective values set to true, (i.e. a number greater than zero).

Linky: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw33FqTXxM80eVNBU1BaRTk1QWs/view?usp=sharing
Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
Post edited by carl103 on

Comments

• Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Thanks. Added to My Drive.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    Yw. For anyone who's wondering where the math happens. The constants are mainly on sheet 2, the math on sheet 3.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Updated with a new version with a number of extra's supported and some formatting changes to allow for easier comparison of old and new, (in effect you specify a base build in one sheet, and a modified build in another and the two sheets will work out their respective numbers, display them and the increase between the two as a percentage of the base build number).

One thing the sheet does show, assuming your using daring shout, featuring that over feated savage advance is a bigger DPS boost. Ignoring overlap issue ofc.