test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Artifact double refinement?

Is the "Always double refinement" actually working on the PS4?
I've just used a blood diamond (along with other refinement stones) on my artifact weapon (Earthen Holy Symbol) but I only got the 250,000 points that the blood diamond is worth.
Surely if these weapons are always double refinement (and not have to wait until double week) I should have received 500,000 points onto my artifact? This is a massive loss of refinement onto my weapon and if it's a common problem then how many people have lost out on millions of points?
Has anyone else had the same problem as me?
I've taken a shareplay video of this as evidence.

Comments

• jenax002#5227 jenax002 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    They did not make it clear on the user interface and i expect more people doing the same thing that you did. The rules have changed. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9603333-developer-blog:-refining-artifact-weapons-change
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

They did not make it clear on the user interface and i expect more people doing the same thing that you did. The rules have changed. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9603333-developer-blog:-refining-artifact-weapons-change

That's not a change, check the date. That was the introduction to double RP for weapons. The problem is players expect all things put into upgrading to double, that is not how it works. The always double is for feeding one weapon into another as long as it is at least blue quality. Normally when refining a piece of artifact equipment or weapons into another, you only get back 40% of what you put in. With the change to weapons, you get 80% back all the time as long as you use at least blue quality.

The stones, gems and other items put in do not double unless it is a 2X RP event. Same for belts and neck items, only double during event.
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    As zephyriah said.

All refinement is single unless a 2xRP is running. (you can get a bonus by putting same into same, say union into a union but at x5 rate it is still a waste as 2xRP will give a x10 rate)

Only exception is a blue or higher artifact weapon into another artifact weapon.

This was introduced due to new artifact weapons being released and thus you could put your old weapon into the new one and gain majority of it back.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)