test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: Guild Alliances

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    mercbenz360mercbenz360 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Queue changes made it, very nice!!!!
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    "Sharandar Campaign: The "Reinforce Protective Wards" task no longer awards Power Points."

Can't really remember that one giving us Power Points...
  • Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Got to love the Sahha ball changes wow :D
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    iccyasdiccyasd Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    cant wait for the update!
    Main - IccyAsd Lvl70 (GF 4249)
    Alt - Freaya Lvl70 (CW 33XX)
    Alt - Demonic Iccy Lvl70 (TR 27XX)
    Guild - Windows Central (GH14)
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User

"Sharandar Campaign: The "Reinforce Protective Wards" task no longer awards Power Points."

Can't really remember that one giving us Power Points...

Me neither but the statement beyond that, that Assist the war effort will and is repeatable is intriguing!

I guess Sharandar will get very busy soon! LOL
  • Options
    When Is this Dropping and how long will it be down is shard maintenance going on as well or will it be a straight forward update?
  • Options
    opalsunsopalsuns Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    What about fixing the Arc Rewards for those of us who have played the game for over a year and reach 10,000 but do not correctly show the proper points to redeem for our Nightmare mount?

How about fixing the Q system in 5v5 PvP so premades can actually get matched up with other premades and not pugs?
    CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    opalsuns said:

What about fixing the Arc Rewards for those of us who have played the game for over a year and reach 10,000 but do not correctly show the proper points to redeem for our Nightmare mount?

How about fixing the Q system in 5v5 PvP so premades can actually get matched up with other premades and not pugs?

Patches to the game are made by Cryptic. Patches to the Arc client are made by Arc/PWE. Whole different company.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    mahburg said:

When Is this Dropping and how long will it be down is shard maintenance going on as well or will it be a straight forward update?

My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

opalsuns said:

Patches to the game are made by Cryptic. Patches to the Arc client are made by Arc/PWE. Whole different company.
    Can you comment on opalsuns' second comment please? Anything in the works for his second comment?
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options

kreatyve said:

opalsuns said:

Can you comment on opalsuns' second comment please? Anything in the works for his second comment?
    I don't have any official information on it, but I believe that the queue system is working properly in this regard. They didn't intend people to queue premade vs. premade by making a queue of 10 players (which I believe is what Opalsuns is implying, I may be wrong). This would be so heavily exploited, there is no way they could make that possible.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    It sounds like theres alot of good changes made. One thing that i keep coming back to in my mind is the power point thing. I didnt know about that and im glad we can get them easier now.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    opalsuns said:

kreatyve said:

I don't believe opalsuns asked (or cares) who makes the updates.

These are the Arc forums so his expectations of an answer from an Arc representative are valid. Honestly I would love an answer to this as well since it's been mooooonths since any updates were given.

Hell, right now I would settle for "Never getting fixed" as an answer. At least I would know to stop looking for an update instead of waiting in limbo for a mount that I earned...but apparently will be shafted out of receiving.

• Options

opalsuns said:

kreatyve said:

These are the Arc forums so his expectations of an answer from an Arc representative are valid. Honestly I would love an answer to this as well since it's been mooooonths since any updates were given.

Hell, right now I would settle for "Never getting fixed" as an answer. At least I would know to stop looking for an update instead of waiting in limbo for a mount that I earned...but apparently will be shafted out of receiving.

I will see if Andy has any information regarding the Arc Points once he gets online in about 4 hours.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    dratomic1#3275 dratomic1 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    kreatyve said:

opalsuns said:

kreatyve said:

I will see if Andy has any information regarding the Arc Points once he gets online in about 4 hours.
    Yes please!

Edit: mine broke it seems like when my girlfriend started neverwinter by accident with her xbox live account and was asked to register for arc points which she declined. It might have been coincidence but it seems my arc points were broken since.

• Options
    norbit2015norbit2015 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    WOW.... Shoulda put Rare Wards back in store if you were gonna make changes to it anyway... Also it would be nice if you guys could please update the Fey Blessing enchantment after rank 10 and 11.. otherwise nice job on all the new patch notes.. :smile:
  • Options
    armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Any update to the Xbox calendar ?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

opalsuns said:

I don't have any official information on it, but I believe that the queue system is working properly in this regard. They didn't intend people to queue premade vs. premade by making a queue of 10 players (which I believe is what Opalsuns is implying, I may be wrong). This would be so heavily exploited, there is no way they could make that possible.

Heavily exploited?
    Joke?
    That makes no sense.

Right now PvP is virtually unplayable because premades get matched up with pugs.
    This creates an unbalanced and extremely boring environment.

So if you're attempting to imply that by fixing the que system for 5v5 domination to properly match up equally geared up premades is an exploit, I would love to hear the logic behind that please.

Those of us who play together in premades, want to play other premades.
    And pugs and those who single, or duo que want to be matched up with the same who also single or duo, not matched up with premades.

It's amazing how the devs continue to ignore their player base and refuse to make simple adjustments we continue to ask for when we are the players keeping the game alive.

If you fixed this issue with PvP not only would you be helping this aspect of the game, I would guarantee that it would bring back people who quit because of this issue that the devs continue to ignore. Meaning more money being spent in the zen market to fill the coffers of PWE. We win, you win.

Please, fix 5v5 domination.
    CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

• Options
    zonoske#5272 zonoske Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I think there is a bug now, the trade auction won't open
  • Options
    xx0dessaxxxx0dessaxx Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    opalsuns said:

kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

opalsuns said:

Heavily exploited?
    Joke?
    That makes no sense.

Right now PvP is virtually unplayable because premades get matched up with pugs.

So if you're attempting to imply that by fixing the que system for 5v5 domination to properly match up equally geared up premades is an exploit, I would love to hear the logic behind that please.

And pugs who those who single or duo que want to be matched up with the same.

It's amazing how the devs continue to ignore their player base and refuse to make simple adjustments we continue to ask for when we are the players keeping the game alive.

If you fixed this issue with PvP not only would you be helping this aspect of the game, I would guarantee that it would bring back people who quit because of this issue that the devs continue to ignore. Meaning more money being spent in the zen market to fill the coffers of PWE. We win, you win.

I absolutely second this. As a player on both sides of the pain, a Q system with IL and Tenacity in mind at the VERY LEAST would help.

1. Player with zero/minimal tenacity trying for wins against premade. Loss = walks away with nothing.
    2. Premade against pug group that basically campfires because they can't keep a point capped.

These both mean the players/customers walk away with a less than positive experience, which minimizes activity within the game. It also means PVP is less likely to keep players who have completed most/all campaigns and are looking to keep the game interesting.
  • Options
    westycfcwestycfc Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    anyone else notice that the whole dalelands bug has been "addressed" in the patch notes?

my character still believes shes from the dalelands though :/
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    opalsuns said:

kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

opalsuns said:

Heavily exploited?
    Joke?
    That makes no sense.

And pugs and those who single, or duo que want to be matched up with the same who also single or duo, not matched up with premades.

I think there was a communication breakdown here, I believe she is referring to making a 10 man que 2x 5v5 predetermined teams where you could just farm the boons etc. as an exploit. What you mean is just randomly being matched with other premades not predetermined premades though.
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    bootstorm#5992 bootstorm Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    - Please fix the Guild Name issue - we joined an alliance not one massive guild.
    - Please give guild leaders the ability to inspect fellow guild and alliance members again - removing that is just ridiculous because we are supposed to try and help one another with our builds via the menu and also form solid parties, why remove that?
    - The coffer True/False donation selections do not work - there should be a Confirm Settings button
    - Why am I provided the option to kick the helm guild?
  • Options
    pr3stigex said:

opalsuns said:

kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

opalsuns said:

Heavily exploited?
    Joke?
    That makes no sense.

I think there was a communication breakdown here, I believe she is referring to making a 10 man que 2x 5v5 predetermined teams where you could just farm the boons etc. as an exploit. What you mean is just randomly being matched with other premades not predetermined premades though.

Never crossed my mind since most of us who are over the 4k il have all our boons.

Easy solution, give us private pvp ques for 5v5 where we can play as much as we want and just don't give us rewards if we do a private match.

Zero diamonds, no leaderboard, zip, just let us have the ability to play against the teams we want to play against privately.
    CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

• Options
    pr3stigex said:

opalsuns said:

kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

opalsuns said:

Heavily exploited?
    Joke?
    That makes no sense.

Yes, this is what I thought he was referring to. My mistake.

opalsuns said:

pr3stigex said:

opalsuns said:

kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

opalsuns said:

Heavily exploited?
    Joke?
    That makes no sense.

Never crossed my mind since most of us who are over the 4k il have all our boons.

Easy solution, give us private pvp ques for 5v5 where we can play as much as we want and just don't give us rewards if we do a private match.

Zero diamonds, no leaderboard, zip, just let us have the ability to play against the teams we want to play against privately.
    Yeah, that would be cool.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

pr3stigex said:

opalsuns said:

kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

opalsuns said:

Heavily exploited?
    Joke?
    That makes no sense.

Yes, this is what I thought he was referring to. My mistake.

opalsuns said:

pr3stigex said:

opalsuns said:

kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

opalsuns said:

Heavily exploited?
    Joke?
    That makes no sense.

Yeah, that would be cool.
    Right on.
    Well if you can make sure Andy, or someone who can actually get that idea in front of someone who could make that happen that would be great.

This would also temporarily fix the issues of mismatched matches and I honestly believe bring a lot of players back, and encourage more to return.

Or one other option is create a gladiator pvp area that can only be entered if you have certain requirements with PvP gear (Lionsmane full set or higher) and Item level of min 3k. Then create a separate leaderboard for the gladiator class, but zero rewards.

This would also encourage lower geared pvp players to play the normal pvp game to meet those requirements and work towards their boons, and spend money if they wish to get to the gladiator class quicker. Win win for the players and PWE.
    CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

• Options
    juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Free Neverember's Warm Welcome Bundle cant collect it because its not listed in the promo tab when will we all get the free gift?
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • Options

- Please fix the Guild Name issue - we joined an alliance not one massive guild.
    - Please give guild leaders the ability to inspect fellow guild and alliance members again - removing that is just ridiculous because we are supposed to try and help one another with our builds via the menu and also form solid parties, why remove that?
    - The coffer True/False donation selections do not work - there should be a Confirm Settings button
    - Why am I provided the option to kick the helm guild?

^^^^^^^ This^^^ we have an Alliance name ready to go but it only gives the name of the helm Guild, my understanding was that we would be able to have our own alliance names, why should Sword and Gauntlet guilds lose their Identity, if they wanted a merge they would have done it by now!
This discussion has been closed.