test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about vorpal vs dread enchantment

donnythdonnyth Member Posts: 122 Arc User
Does vorpal enchantments increase crit for companions? Do they work for soul puppets or immolation spirits? If they do, my guess is vorpal would then be superior to dread since, I can have immolation spirits up virtually nonstop.
Secrets of the Ring ID: nw-dt25qalqy

Comments

• Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    No, not at the moment, was that you on test watching me with the immolation spirits? @handlecarbear?
    I think that Dread is now better than Vorpal because of the debuff on top of the crit sev for mod 10, I didn't see a huge margin of damage with it on live versus Vorpal, but I am now for mod 10.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    donnythdonnyth Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    You know if anyone has done any testing on this?
    Secrets of the Ring ID: nw-dt25qalqy
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    Fernu, Etelgrin, myself, a lot of Warlocks have, I am guessing.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    whyratwhyrat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Your soul puppet can't crit, so vorpal does nothing for them. They do benefit from the dread debuff. So that will help their damage.
  • Options
    reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Spirits can crit, but I think they are best used to help build sparks for Scorch, rather than direct damage, so dread would be much better as Scorch is an encounter
  • Options
    duckntrollduckntroll Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    For HB parangon at low/mid level, the main dammage dealer will be HR at-will, and a well spammed GateOfHell daily is equivalent to an encounter (for curse build LesserCurse will deal around half an encounter).

So you have to see if dread defuff is better or not than non-encounters criticals.

It's better to test it in real HE/dungeon than on paper/dummies, cuz you can't see if it's pratical nor survivable.