test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Didn't get hardly any AD for dungeons, PvP, or skirmishes tonight??

I did a dungeon, two skirmishes, two PvP matches, and I invoked 4 times. And my total unrefined AD haul was only about 6300?!? I should have earned 10K+ at least for that. I even saw the haul from the skirmishes in the treasure chest, but they never showed up in my inventory. Is there some kind of bug?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    iccyasdiccyasd Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    There is a few bug out there that would stop you from getting AD from Dungeon/Skirmishes, first its those time when you get into a dungeon (example temple of spider) but you are not part of the party, if your damage isn't high enough to get credit you would only get the adventurer seal but not the AD during the boss fight, if you didnt manage to get into the boss room in the end if someone not in your party enter first without the group of 2 of you and he kills the boss you wont get a single thing out of it, the chest at the end might not even pop.

Next its the same thing that happens in skirmish like thrones of dwarven gods, you got in an instance with no one in party (5 solo players), if you arent contributing enough to get a credit you dont get the AD even if it shows up. there is also a treasure chest bug that makes your chest not accessible after you finish the same skirmish after queuing up from the previous skirmish instance.

Not sure if there is any other bug that would stop you from getting AD, but im sure that there is no issue on my part (i always check now after a dungeon/skirmish due to early detection of this bug)
    Main - IccyAsd Lvl70 (GF 4249)
    Alt - Freaya Lvl70 (CW 33XX)
    Alt - Demonic Iccy Lvl70 (TR 27XX)
    Guild - Windows Central (GH14)
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    Does the game still auto refine RAD to AD as you change maps/areas?

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    So are support characters going to get screwed with this new system?
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    No, he's talking about the current situation. The new one coming works on the same basis but you get more based on your invokes.

In all probability Iccy has the right answer - the guy has the group bug.

Here's the thing. If you join a dungeon group and no players are listed on the left where they normally are then you aren't going to get the reward at the end of the dungeon unless you get to the door and activate the timer before anyone else.

Conversely, if you are in a dungeon group and 1 other person is there but not on your list - either they won't get the reward or the rest of you won't, again depending on whether the door timer is activated by a person in your group list or the person outside of it.

To anyone suffering from the bug, there are a couple of ways to self-fix but the one that works consistently is; once you've left the dungeon and you're standing around in town or wherever, ask someone (anyone not on a run) to send you a group invite. As soon as you've received it your problem is fixed - until the next time.

I've observed that it occurs mostly (but not exclusively) if you reject a queue prompt.

@strumslinger - Hey Andy, any chance you could bump this along to the relevant person? Thanks :)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    pallmor#4634 pallmor Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    cscriv79 said:

Does the game still auto refine RAD to AD as you change maps/areas?

No. It only refines if I've been logged off for a while. It doesn't refine if I change maps or just log out and log right back on.
  • Options
    Well that sucks. I guess at least now I know to check that I'm actually part of the group when I start a dungeon or skirmish. Still, I wasted a lot of time last night. And I didn't even get a decent item from the dungeon chest to show for it. :'(
  • Options
    I check group every time I go into one now as it happens so frequently.

• Options
    manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    It's been happening to me when I'm inside the dungeon, but out of the group (if that makes any sense), but for skirmishes should work, maybe from those are your 6k rAD. To be able to join groups again just join a friend's group, doesn't matter if you stay for long or not, and to gain any rewards in PvP I think you need to get at least 600 pts
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    It's happening to me every time now. I tried it tonight and every time I went into a dungeon, it showed me in a queue group by myself. The other players show up in the instance menu, but only mine has the green checkmark indicating being part of the queue group. I tried two full runs and didn't get any astral diamonds for either. Then I tried several more times just to see if it was happening every time and it would put me into the instance queue by myself. I had to quit those runs because they were obviously a waste of time (sorry to the players I had to abandon).

Not sure if this is just a fluke with my character, or what. But this isn't just an intermittent thing. It's happening every time. That's over 20K AD down the drain in total from the last two nights.

I filed a support ticket. Not sure when they'll get back to me.

Very disappointing. I just started playing the game too.
  • Options
    I should add that I just joined a guild a couple of nights ago. Maybe that has something to do with it?
  • Options
    It's happening to me every time now. I tried it tonight and every time I went into a dungeon, it showed me in a queue group by myself. The other players show up in the instance menu, but only mine has the green checkmark indicating being part of the queue group. I tried two full runs and didn't get any astral diamonds for either. Then I tried several more times just to see if it was happening every time and it would put me into the instance queue by myself. I had to quit those runs because they were obviously a waste of time (sorry to the players I had to abandon).

Not sure if this is just a fluke with my character, or what. But this isn't just an intermittent thing. It's happening every time. That's over 20K AD down the drain in total from the last two nights.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    @pallmor#4634 see my comment above yours, it tells you how to fix it...

• Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User

Not sure if you are level 70 or not but if you are not then you will receive less RAD from doing the dungeons/skirmishes.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    I got that bug with two of my characters, if it doesn't solve by restarting the game (by closing with the Xbox button), then you can try having someone invite you to a group, doesn't matter the size of the group or if you stay for long or not, that fixed it for me the last time.
  • Options
    @kreatyve there's a bunch of posts missing from here including several from me - they still show up on my list of comments as being on the post so I know they've not been separated out. This would suggest they've been 'hidden' instead.

There's nothing offensive about them. CHECK HERE to see what I mean.

They simply explain a bug that hits most players and tells them how to fix it with a work-around...

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    armadeonx said:

@kreatyve there's a bunch of posts missing from here including several from me - they still show up on my list of comments as being on the post so I know they've not been separated out. This would suggest they've been 'hidden' instead.

There's nothing offensive about them. CHECK HERE to see what I mean.

They simply explain a bug that hits most players and tells them how to fix it with a work-around...

Yep, he had made 2 threads with the same title. I merged them.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    oooooh, lol thanks for the fix :D;)

• Options
    Thanks for the fix! Had someone from my guild invite me to group and then it was working again.
  • Options
    Cool :smiley: